What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

RiSiO's Retro Mario Sixty Four

Christoffah

Looks AWESOME - poster edges style, love that filter! Reminds me of all the NES ROM hacks you get, just way cooler haha.

I downloaded it but can't seem to get it to work at all. Any chance you can run me through the process to give your awesome mod a shot? It's made me wanna complete Mario 64 all over again haha. :)

Christoffah

God damn this is confusing. I downloaded the plugin, extracted into the P64 dir, then made /hires_textures/SUPER MARIO 64/.

It doesnt really explain what I do next. I tried putting the SM64 rom in the dir and loading it, but it's just normal SM64. Any advice?...

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
In the emu folder, go into the Plugin Folder, make a folder named hires_texture (Just like that), in hires_texture put my SUPER MARIO 64 folder, extracted of course. Make sure the Rice Video plugin is in the plugin folder, and make sure that the BMGlib.dll file is in the emu folder. The Mario 64 rom can be wherever you want it to be. Make sure when you start up the emu, you change the plugin to Rice's Video Plugin 6.1.1 Beta 10. Once you have all that, everything should work!

Christoffah

Well I got the choice of chosing Rice plugin, but then after a while gave me an error and for some reason its not in the drop-down anymore, despite the fact I didnt move/erase it :S

Aghghh I just wanna play your sexy Mario game!!

Ok the plugin is back, selected... but still Super Mario 64 is just SM64 :/

1. There are two new options added in Rice Video version 6.1.0 under the "Texture Filters" tab

When I goto Texture Filters, I get ... "Advanced Options are not allowed to be changed". How annoying... mayve there I could choose 'LOAD' and it would load the textures :S

Last edited by a moderator:

Christoffah

If you mean "Load hi-res textures if available", I did after finding it, but it didn't do anything. Is there anything else I need to adjust on that panel?

This has taken over an hour of figuring out and I still cant do it -_- but it's gonna be worth it :D

or maybe I wont get the help I had hoped for :S

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Look dude we gave you all the help, reread everything that was said, and do it all step by step, and it should work. Sorry but everything has been given. Hope you end up playing the pack though, I'd love for you to enjoy it!

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
You really need to take it easy, Christoffah, and stop asking so many questions. Take good time to read the help thread SLOWLY so you understand it completely, don´t just fast-read everything. It really isn´t that hard to get to work, so if you have really read the help thread, i´m really surprised that you still need help

Christoffah

I've done everything perfectly as described... if you were trying to get something to work for over one solid frustrating hour, I'm sure you'd come back with questions, right?

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Christoffah said:
I've done everything perfectly as described... if you were trying to get something to work for over one solid frustrating hour, I'm sure you'd come back with questions, right?
Well, you must have done something wrong, because it really isn´t that hard to get it to work. And this isn´t even the right thread to ask those questions in, so go somewhere else!
Oh, and djlarz, your site is freaking cool:bouncy:

Last edited:

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
Crazy young guy!
Go and spend more time with your friends!
*JOKE!!!*
Make this Mario64 a new Mario64!
And stop making everything else then textures!
The craziest thing would be a romeditor for playing this later on my Revolution *g*
did you ever mention to get a job @ nintendo?

goronlink

Banned
can someone post a video from this project?
i think it will be funny to see this moving like a true cartoon:bouncy:
use fraps to make a vidio
my 500 mhz isn't (jet?) ready for rice's video plugin

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
I see what you mean about having a theme to a texture pack now Risio!!
Stunning Job.

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
That picture is just an allusion to the classic L is for real 2047 sign, with everyone thinking it linked to Luigi! The pack is full of little tiny references like that. Also, the Lakitu icon is a rough WIP, so don't worry about it.