What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

RiSiO's Retro Mario Sixty Four

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Image19.jpg

Image20.jpg

Long time no update!

WIP Volcano, and new Tree textures for the outside.

Last edited:

Shades

Risio - let me be the first to say...hot damn that's looking good. No pun intended of course...but it's also no exaggeration to say that your project very likely the best in the land...and considering the quality of the other stuff this community puts forward, that's one hell of a good job. I'm cutting class the moment you upload the next release. :drool:

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
I like how you did the shading effects, like a fake cell-shading. Amazing work:bouncy: but i don´t know about the outside of the casttle, you know the road...

navilink

RiSiO!!!! pls just release the texture pack fast!!!! maybe tomorrow!!! this is more anticipated than Elder Scrolls IV or Halo 3!!!!

man you're the greatest game designer since Shigeru Miyamoto!

The Dave

RiSio, for the bomb guy, I think you need to do more of a circular shading. Also, do you have work done for goombas? If did their faces a looooong time ago if you're interested.

darknior

Darknior
Hello

I think your project is a good idee :)
And i think to it also, but with more YOSHI ISLAND graphics ...
The PEN effect is very beautifull, and mixed with CELLSHADING it will give a marvelous design i think ;)
The color are also lightest (pastel) ... sometime your colors are so hardest !

Thanks.

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Heres an update pack!
-Ghost level is just started, Super Mario World style.
-Flames were cleaned up around the edges
-2nd level is about 60% done, Super Mario Bros 2 style
-Jolly Roger Bay is about 80% done, Super Mario Bros 3 and World style.
-Lava world just started, though its about 50% done, mainly custom textures
-Little known fact, all the checkered grass and yellow walkways are Paper Mario style
-Removed Checkers from outside pathways
-Check out the Bob Omb explosions...
-Stars have temporary egg texture, WIP
-Trees were redone outside of castle
-New title screen
-Who knows what else, I certainly forgot what all I have done!

HERE YOU GO!
View attachment 31862

This will be the final release until the actual final release, so enjoy this!

And by the way, I'm only 16 years old...:D

Last edited:

Dr. Soong

holy cr#* Risio! This is awesome!

1 question though, are there other update packs or a link to a complete pack? Because I want to make sure I have every one of your excellent textures loaded :)

2kool4skool

So much awesome. This is possibly the best incomplete texture pack I've seen yet.

Very good work, and thank you so much for distributing it to all of us :)

EDIT: Which rom version did you use? The (U) or (E) (M3) ?

Last edited:

2kool4skool

Risio said:
Just (U)

Super Mario 64 (U) [!]
Excellent. That's what I thought.

Anyhow, I've played through the first few levels (and it still runs freaking fast), and I cannot tell you how awesome this has been. I think this might motivate me to actually finish the game this time :p

And your new bomb guy thingies look great. :)

Xavya

OMG HAXORZ?!?! RISIO this is amazing this by far beats all Hi Res texture packs Ive ever seen, after playing only 2 levels Im still dumbfounded by the beautiful, smooth, stunning textures. Keep up the good work Durhead.