What's new

Rice's Daedalus 5.0.0/5.0.1 bug report thread

First of all: I'm sorry. I've not tried all the combiners for the games I've reported until now. Now I'll try them with more combiners (I had changed Opengl/DirectX and Default Game Options but not another Render settings until now).

I'm only using Double Buffer Copy, please tell me if it's important for some games to change this. When I say only Direct-X I only try the game with Nvidia Gforce combiner (should I use another as med or high?). I'll report again lotta games and some news, if you want some screenshots please tell me. Let's go:

- Glover (U): No Sky and no copyright notice at start (OpenGL 1.1, 1.2/1.3/1.4, TNT or better, Geforce of better). Sky -buggy-, but game flickering (Direct-X).

- Blast Corps (U 1.1): ¡¡VERY LOW!! (0.7/0.8) framerate on Ninty/Rare logo, then seems to crash -yes it crashes- (Direct-X). Buggy-frameskipping Ninty and Rare Logo, then video crashes (OpenGL 1.1, 1.2/1.3/1.4, TNT or better, Gforce or better). Jabo's plugin works OK.

- Mario Kart 64 (E 1.0): 2 players bug -3 players OK-, blue then black ballons, buggy Ninty logo -it isn't exactly flickering, it's only seems to be in the bright- (OpenGL 1.1, 1.2/1.3/1.4). Same but green only ballons (OpenGL TNT or better, Gforce or better). Same but ballons bug (Direct-X).

- Yoshi's Story (E): MENU: Background should be yellow, not white -but I'm not sure- (OpenGL 1.1). IN-GAME: Black all except Yoshi and other objects, black borders and blue background whit normal combiner (Direct-X, as showed before in another posts). White shadows, explossions and smoke; buggy scroll (OpenGL 1.1). Low framerate when happy mode -little heart is taken- but I don't really know if it's from the plugin or the emu.

- Ep.1 Racer (U): MENU: Buggy title screen, LucasArts transition effect -White to colored- buggy too, 3D models near the cam dissapear (OpenGL 1.1, 1.2/1.3/1.4, TNT or better, Gforce or better, EDIT*Direct-X too). IN-GAME: 3D models near the cam dissapear (OpenGL 1.1, 1.2/1.3/1.4, TNT or better, Gforce or better, Direct-X). Flickering sky (Direct-X).

- Wetrix (E): ALL: Black borders, buggy text -I've explained it before lotta times-, really dark models, (OpenGL 1.1, 1.2/1.3/1.4, TNT or better, Gforce or better, Direct-X). MENU: Black and white background -but some pink circles-, purple water -should be like Jabo's one-,buggy mode text, when an option is selected mode text should fade (OpenGL 1.1, 1.2/1.3/1.4, TNT or better, Gforce or better). IN-GAME: Gray terrain (Direct-X Low), No background (Direct-X Mid, High), Background but not effects (Direct-X Gforce). Not playable (OpenGL).

- Snowboard Kids (E): ALL: Black border. Uncentered 3D-2D scenes (OpenGL 1.1, 1.2/1.3/1.4, TNT or better, Gforce or better, Direct-X). No transition effect (OpenGL 1.1, 1.2/1.3/1.4, TNT or better, Gforce or better). MENU: Numbr of player not selected options bad-shadowed (OpenGL 1.1, 1.2/1.3/1.4, TNT or better, Gforce or better). IN-GAME: Black sky or black boxes on sprites -normal combiner off, on- (Direct-X).

- Super Smash Bros. (U): OPENGL totally buggy but playable. DIRECT-X: Intro's Samus&DK scene incorrect -Samus mustn't get into the platform, to hit DK at the end of the scene, this runs OK with OpenGL, you can see it-, Black Border, some minor in-game graphic bugs, 2P in VS screen is not shown (otherwise, I think this is a 1964 bug).

That's all for now. If you want I put some screenshots, just tell it to me, I'll be glad to do it. Another matter: It's usual that if I check Force Buffer Clear most 3D games in OpenGL dont show 3D things?

I hope you understand me ^^. I'll say one more time and another and another... My mother's language is spanish. If you don't understand something please tell it to me too.

Thanks Rice!

EDIT: I've just read something about drivers... 43.45 and upper don't work properly? But it works for me... yes, buggy, but it works...

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Stupidity_Emu said:
Well, I'm not talking about disabling sync game. I'm talking about the screen update. If I leave it on at default, the fps matches the v/i which is 60 but it flickers to no end, if I make it update when the v/i does, it goes back to 20fps but with no flickering. I want to run it at exactly 60fps with no flickering if you thought I was talking about running at 100+ fps.

I know, i was just showing you how fast my system can cope with emulation with rices plugin. 120fps isn't bad, about 80 on Hyrule field, 60fps is easy for my athlon xp (wow what a way to rub it in... ;))

to answer emuexpert, well, upgrades often are slower, the worlds not perfect, you know.

Last edited:
R

rico001

Re: Re: not shown

Cadex said:
Does Win98 support multiple extensions? Try removing all of the "." from the filenames except the last one. For example:
RiceDaedalus5.0.0.dll = RiceDaedalus500.dll

I tried that it doesn't work. Could it be the video drivers? I'm using 43.45. What are you using?

Any other ideas?

I can stick to d3d1.5 if you don't want to waste time editing the thing for win98
-----------------------------

on another 1964 works good with fzeroX 8, 1080 7, and mario 5, on this comp with these counter facters. Hopefully the plugin can improve the fps.

PistolGrip

I tried 41.09 which USED to work fine but its the same deal as the newer NVIDIA drivers... which leads me to suspect some other things. I have a GIGABYTE VIA KT400 board and am using the latest HYPERION 4 in 1's... maybe that has something to do with it. Anyone here on the latest 4 in 1's with no troubles?

I think I am going to take a look at the source code after work and work out why I am having this problem.. who else is better to debug it ;) . No Starcraft tonight for me.

jelbo

Nintendo emulation fanatic!
Hi there,

I own a Radeon which isn't very compaitbile with Rice's plugin, but with the 3d analyze tweak it has some good results.

(What Trotterwatch said about 3d analyze:

"Start 3D Analyse

Top left of the screen under DLL Path click select and navigate to the folder that has the emulator in double click the exe file of the emulator

One option below that is the EXE path, once again navigate to the folder and double click the EXE file

Now to the right under Hardware limits (cap bits) enable HW T&L Caps, now simply go to run and the emulator will start as normal.

You can save a batch file once you have done all this to automate the process in future, the option for this is at the bottom of the screens. If you need any further help feel free to PM me." ).

Anyway, Mystical Ninja starring Goemon seems to work fine now :holiday: , but my Radeon has problems with it. The screenshot attached shows this;

jelbo

But the last screenshot was taken from PJ64 without the '3d analyze tweak'. When I apply the tweak it's rather OK-ish. Let me first show the 'tweak' from 3d analyze;

jelbo

OK, after that setting the game works OK-ish, except when I'm in fullscreen with PJ64, the fps counter interferes with the screen. So, I see the fps counter flickering trough the image. Is there any way to fix this problem? I don't like using 1964 (sorry Rice :blush: ) because I don't get good speed with it and it's rather unstable and Jabo's sound plugin doesn't work with it). \

Here's an image of Mystical Ninja in window mode and the 3d analyze tweak applied, which works OK.

ingonab

Screenshot: "Puyo Puyo Sun 64" in DirectX mode + default settings.

Textures are linear filtered without being clamped. Edges of slices bleed with filtered wraps.

ingonab

Linear filtering ruins the sprite masks. (Notice the pink edge around the guy with horns.) Also happens in other games. Happens in OpenGL mode too.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
ingonab said:

Textures are linear filtered without being clamped. Edges of slices bleed with filtered wraps.

It is a very well known problem in many games, and I worked hard on it, without success. It is nice to see that using NEAREST filter instead of LINEAR filter may be better. I will try.

Clements

Wow Rice! Just discovered something! I was trying to get your plugin to work with Killer Instinct Gold, but it wouldn't have it... But I tried it on 1964 0.85 and wow, there it was. On PJ64, on Jabo's plugin is the only plugin that can get KI Gold to run. Could you make your plugin work with PJ64 with KI Gold? :flowers:
It looks stunning, although the energy bars aren't right, but the sprites are there and its fast too! Again, nice work!

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Heres a weird bug, in f-zerox when i get to this part of the game the framerate drops to amazingly low speeds... aregh

Update: Doom64 doesn't do anything with this plugin, black screen- same witrh automobile lamborghini

Last edited:

chaosjr7

to milen about Direct3d for Daedalus5.0.0 or Daedalus 5.0.1

I have found that ProcessDlist problem..... I know how to fix it.. I think! Try setting display color depth to 32 bit mode in windows display settings! If you still have problems you could try increasing the counter factor to about 3!

Daphisto

Wow, I am incredibly impressed with your plugin, Rice. Every game runs silky smooth.

My only problem is that when I switch to full-screen mode, games run choppy for some reason. I've tried it out on multiple computers (ranginging from mid to high-end systems) with the same problem.

Is this a known issue?

I also can't start a game right off the bat using full-screen mode, I have to switch ingame.

At any rate, keep up the good work, you are doing an amazing job! :)