What's new

Rice's Daedalus 4.6.0 feedback thread

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder

so when you press c-down, the room lights up, and see who is hitting you.

Is that some kind of lighting prob?

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
finally a savestate

here's a savestate for anyone who wants to try this issue

ah! Also, if you continue playing a bit after the savesate, you'll notice a strange flicker in the boss battle (when the shyguy captain is in his tank). If you destroy the lightbulb of the tank the flicker stops.

these two probs happen on both dx/opengl with all combiner types.

And sorry for posting multiple times :D

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
That light is framebuffer emulation. So it has something to do with the framebuffer. Have you tried messing around with that?

Twomp

Master dragon
Re: Strange mouse cursor

Twomp said:
Almost every time I start a game using Rice Daedalus 4.6 in DirectX Mode my mouse cursor become a yellow rect.
I'm using PJ64 version 1.5 beta 1 on Windows Me.
My system specs:
Athlon XP 1700+
Elsa Gladiac 511 (a GEForce 2 mx 400) without detonator (give me glitch in some games)
Ram 256 MB ddr
Screen resolution 800*600 @32bit

I think I have found the problem: it was due a combiner option.
Before I was using the the "Fit your video card" option but since I chose the GeForce option all works fine.
:pj64:

leizar

I had some strange result using "Fit your video card", too (nVidia TNT2).
The first screen of EarthwormJim 3D has a black background if I use "Fit your video card" or "High video card", while there are some clouds and a sky if I use "Low video card". Unfortunatly I don't know how it's supposed to be and I can't even post any shot.
Anyway it's strange

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
:(

Doomulation said:
That light is framebuffer emulation. So it has something to do with the framebuffer. Have you tried messing around with that?

Nope. Messing with the framebuffer options doesn't help either.

As a fact, what is the difference between all those framebuffer modes? I have tried them all and everything looks just the same.

EddyB43

British Old Gamer
This might be a silly known issue, but no one's mentioned it in this thread and it's not in the readme, so here goes...

When I use the plugin in DirectX mode, the desktop flickers through in fullscreen mode, primarily the "FPS: XX.XX" indicator on the Project64 1.5 window. It does not occur in 1964 0.8.5, nor if I set a lower fullscreen resolution than the window itself (e.g. 640x480 FS and an 800x600 window - because it's off the screen ;)). OpenGL in PJ64 doesn't display this flicker either. I usually use the plugin at 800x600 window and 1280x1024 FS at a desktop resolution of 1280x960x32bit.

Also, any chance of adding other resolution options to the menu or asking the video card/monitor which resolutions are available? I'd love to use 1280x960 full screen.

Otherwise, great plugin - Aidyn Chronicles works a lot nicer now than with Jabo's 1.5 - if only I had a slightly faster CPU to get CF1/CF2 Aidyn going at the full 60VI/s (just does 45-50 when running around).

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Bah...still unusable on my crappy video card (Rage Mobility M4, Rage 128 chipset.)

(DirectX has some serious issues and has a constant flicker like a strobe light, OpenGL is unusable, it crawls and has MAJOR issues.)

gokuss4

Meh...
Rice's plugin has so many features, i think Rice should worry now about the lighting accuracy and combiners, and if he needs to, work on the spherical mapping, but i didn't see a problem with it so far. don't worry about adding in more features, just fix the problems in the some of the major games. i see problems in zelda oot/mm (no flame animation on the logo, trail has black outlines nintendo N logo looks wrong its to bright), paper mario, f-zero and other games. I have a GF2 GTS yet still a lot of problems need to be fixed.

Rice, all you need to do now is just work more on your plugin graphics rather than the features, cause you got awesome features, like sharp textures and 2xsai, and even regular 2x without the smoothing of textures.

Rice you still make a great plugin, keep up the good work and i hope you'll fix your plugin problems.