What's new

Rice's Daedalus 4.6.0 feedback thread

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
They are all known problems. This game is not emulated good enough anyway, missing a lot of ingame graphics. You can try other plugins or use my 4.5.0 version, but I don't remember any other plugin works better.

scotty

The Great One
Heres a list of stuff from me that I noticed:

Body Harvest: Discolourations, I cant even tell where I am going

Command + Conquer: Buildings are coloured good, but they seem somewhat hollow

Smash Bros: error message comes up before I commence the batttle

Turok 3: hollow images

Clements

The menus in Duke Nukem 64 are wrong, but most of the in-game graphics are displayed, apart from Duke's gun and health:

Clements

I think the following problem with Mystical Ninja can easily be fixed, as you got it right in the previous version. This is what the intro looked like in v4.5.0:

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Mystic Gohan said:
Using the default settings, this is what I get for Ki gold.

No, you did not read my very first post closely. You did not put the INI file into your plugin directory.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Re: Re: 2 games tested so far

Rice said:

RJARRRPCGP

You need to learn how to do screen capture. You should use ALT+PrintScreen instead of only the PrintScreen key. With ALT, you will capture the only active window, not the whole desktop.

You should chop it and convert to JPEG to save other people's internet connection.

Oops, sorry for the slowness. The slowness was because
with higher resolutions, PNGs don't compress well enough to reduce size to under 100KB unlike JPGs.
The Perfect Dark blood screenshot is now a JPG.

Last edited:

ocarina plyr

Novice Flash developer
Castlevania: LOD renders very fine, some small sprites might be missing but some are not necessary...... The force texture set on high makes good work on the models both on LOD, and EVA64...

ocarina plyr

Novice Flash developer
oh yeah the last pic shows my problem, its rendered on directx
the sprites are large and overlaps each other. another problem is on opengl..... this is supposedly the main menu of evangelion64....
oh yeah, dracula looks great on opengl!

Slougi

Rice, this is a superb release. It is very fast on my computer, and seems quite stable. It is also the first plugin that makes KI Gold completely playable! W00t to that! Thanks a lot :)

Just the one thing that always bugs me, as a Penguin OS user ;) Is there any possibility of porting the plugin to Linux?

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
Rice your plugin works great but when i switch to full screen i am having problems. The games i try go really slow and the screen is garbled (or just black). My system has trouble respond (i usually press the window button or alt f4).I can confirm this happens on super smash bros, mace the dark age and yoshi's story.

I cant say how it worked on the last version as it restarted my comp when switching to full screen, so i didnt use it much.

Diddy kongs racing works ok full screen in open gl but not in direct x. I could test all my roms if you want but more often than not i have probs when switchng to full screen.

In window mode they run good. Is it me or a bug???

This happens in both dircet x and open gl.

My specs p111 877mhz 256 ram gf2mx400 Win Xp Pro Latest drivers (dont know version but could find out)

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
It is one of the known problem, it is also related to the video card driver. I had your problem, too, but the problem is gone after I loaded a older driver.

jjarmis

My new favorite plugin (rice has done it again)

Hey I got Rice's new deadelus plugin (4.6.0) and almost every game that I was having problems with works better now. :) Keep up the good work rice and I hope to see more in the future. :) :emutalk:

Zerogoki

Susume! Taisen Puzzle Dama Toukon! Marumata Chou is still not very well emulated :satisfied

Puzzle%20Dama.png

You do a great work Rice, thanks a lot.

DeLeTeBR

Congratulations Rice, great new release and many thank's for your work to make Mystical Ninja faster.

I noted that in PJ64 I have some gfx problems that I don't have in 1964, for example, take a look in this picture from Project64:

leizar

Is it normal that the cursor doesn't disappear in fullscreen?
If that is how it is supposed to be, I think it would be very nice if you could make it disappear in your next release.

Your plugin is working really well even if I have low secs.
You're giving us hope to see the N64 emulation becoming almost perfect.

Clements

leizar said:
Is it normal that the cursor doesn't disappear in fullscreen?
If that is how it is supposed to be, I think it would be very nice if you could make it disappear in your next release.

I get that, too. At the moment I put the mouse pointer at the side of the screen out of view.