What's new

Rice Video 5.5.1 WIP

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Some shots to take a look.

Some screens shots of frame buffer effects. You can have the best frame buffer effect experience with the Pokemon game.

The Zelda shot is not a frame buffer effect, just to show how it works on my ATI Radeon 9600.

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
StAmAtIs said:
Hey Rice!
Good to see your still updating your plugin.
Some bugs I have come across that were fixed a couple of versions ago:

Super Bowling 64: the splitscreen error is back

Conker's Bad Fur Day: Texture problems

use basic framebuffer option for super bowling.

rcgamer

the old guy
heres a good framebuffer effect . looks better than last one i posted.
Yeah the replays are really slow but they look so cool now.

rcgamer

the old guy
heres a nice render to texture effect.check out the reflection on the windshield. looks much better and runs faster. in fact i got a smooth 55-60 fps.

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
cooliscool said:
CBFD: Doesn't look right and runs at a snail's pace. Works at good speed with Jabo's (just saying it isn't my pc ;)).
If you don't mind the pause screen, you can turn off the frame buffer effect to run it at normal speed. Use "Hide Frame Buffer Effects" option.

ryanraab

Rice said:
cooliscool said:
CBFD: Doesn't look right and runs at a snail's pace. Works at good speed with Jabo's (just saying it isn't my pc ;)).
If you don't mind the pause screen, you can turn off the frame buffer effect to run it at normal speed. Use "Hide Frame Buffer Effects" option.

Are you going to try to find another workaround for this Rice or will this be the only workaround for the future.

rcgamer

the old guy
a possible bug to report- with a couple of games ill be playing and suddenly the emulator will just shut off and disappear. pokemon stadium 2 was one of the games cant remember the others. BTW big ups on both pokemon stadium games they look better than with any other plugin. In fact i would say they are close to perfect. This is with 5.5.0b

Last edited:

khanmeister

Banned
Video stops under water in quake 2. Very strange bug. Game still going, but very easy to drown :D Check it out on the first level.

Shadow of the empire is extraordinarily ugly, but playable.

Sudden unexplained emulator crash in Pokemon Puzzle League.

South Park rally still background in front. :D I'm sure you know this already!

Gauntlet Legends is a little funky and has no sound.

Theres wierd "blood" on alot of stuff with hq2x and 2xsai smooth enabled in destruction derby and other games.

Destruction derby looks great with no filters and runs much faster in full screen?!?

Dr Mario I futzed with for a while, and got pills by selecting "with emu" and draw at first draw or whatever.

The background is unfixable (so far as I could tell).

I'll look at more later!

Over all the plugin works very well, and is VERY pretty.

rcgamer

the old guy
Rice, I dont know what you did with 5.5.0b2 but the framebuffer is much faster, the replay scree i posted earlier, and the split screen run at a very decent rate now. Kudos.
This is with the new feature enabled.

sir_key

Banned
hey rice wich frame buffer config did you use to display teh banjo kazooie puzzle pieces right? were the settings the same for all your shots?

edit:
as soon as i put n64 fb emulation to: write back and reload i get the attached error message....
if i put it to write back every frame the games start but freeze in the beginning
and the other options don't show any fb effects at all.. :)
help appreciated...

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
I know im not rice but these settings did it for me. you can play around with some of the options to see if you can get it to work faster but the framebuffer option has to be write back every frame as far as i can tell. you have to change it to write back every frame after the beginning screen has opened fully or it will freeze. BTW you certainly arent going to want to play the game under these setttings.

Last edited:
O

OminaeYu

ryanraab said:
Get the newest drivers 56.64 maybe there help. That's what i'm using. I have a Geforce 4 MX which in ways is worser then your card but everything is working for me. So try getting the latest drivers.
56.64 kills my system!

ryanraab said:
Also I have a newer direct x version check dxdiag and tell me if the end of the version number is 2 or 3.
I have no idea what the hell your talking about here I have DirectX 9b which is the latest.

Ok I just upgraded to version b2 of the plugin and it started out fine but when I restarted it went all crazy with the messed up polygons & textures again

Last edited:

ryanraab

course 2 whomp's fortress water looks like its going though the wall by the top. this is the wall that's right beside you when you start the level.

Edit: problem fixed with jabo's plugin. Hope this tiny bug is fixable. is almost not needed any more has a alternate. OminaeYu I have the beta version of winXP sp2 that comes with a newer version of directx. A beta version of 9.0c which rocks.

OminaeYu also if you goto start then run then type dxdiag it will open directx diagnostic tool where you can see the exact version you have. You can also test your directx to make sure it's running perfect. Also what does 56.64 exactly do.

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
OK, I have mario golf working better than with 5.4.3. Here are the settings im using. You have to use 3 stage combiner.There is still the one problem of the black backgroound when setting up for a shot. Other than that it looks great. Rice I know if you looked at it you could get it working , I just know it .

khanmeister

Banned
Dr Mario

Best Dr Mario EVER in emulation!

Here's the settings and a shot! (Still that pink outline around the doc. *sigh* JUST shy of perfect! Oh yeah, and that wierd hanging swinging thing in the menus...)

GG Rice!!

khanmeister

Banned
Quick warning though: I switched in and out of full screen playing the above game with the above settings and playing multiplayer, I got some VERY strange effects, and when I tried to switch back to (not full screen), my computer locked up and rebooted! Ouch!

Trotterwatch

Dr Mario has actually looked better than that with Rices :p Good that you got it to work in this version though!

Edit// Yep perfectly playable in this release.

Last edited: