What's new

Rice Video 5.5.1 WIP

Trotterwatch

South Park Rally is still messed up with the background in front of the players. Only jabo 1.2 supports this rom AFAIK.

Glide64 also supports it.

Going to give Rices plugin a big test later if I have time. Initial impressions are good though :)

rcgamer

the old guy
ive noticed that when you mess around with the settings in game and try to reset the game or choose another game that the emu hangs on directx initialized or directx device is ready (this happens almost every time). also it seems that the framebuffer and render to texture are very finicky. it will work fine one time then wont later. an example of this is with zelda oot, the logo worked when i put basic render to texture on then suddenly it wouldnt work the next time. I have the latest drivers.

Mario golf is worse now. where i had it working well except for the black screen when the character actually swung the club in 5.3 , with 5.5 im gettting all sorts of gfx errors on the pre swing screen. and poke through at the greens when putting.

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
I have also seen this problem. I thought it might be a core problem, but appearently it was a plugin problem. Resources allocated to the DirectX device are not released completely when a game is closed, and the video plugin doesn't close its DirectX device, this stops the second game from running.

I will take a close look. If it is not very bad, it won't be fixed until the next version.

Gladiac0190

hmmm, zelda messed up with the framebuffer stuff (the menu background) ... it is black... ah, and the Zelda logo at the beginning after the nintendo logo is..................... not there.... simply...... away... ;D

Maybe this is a driver fault:

MSI Gforce4 ti4200 64mb vram
nv forceware 53.03 (StarStorm HQ version)

whatsoever, great work, nice progress, keep up the really horny great work and yes... we all love you ;D

Croustibat

SuperFish
resident evil 2 (Euro(french/english version))

Sorry for my bad english

resident evil 2 (Euro(french/english version))
Which settings with this rom please?
with radeon 9600pro 1964 0.9.9?

Thanks

Last edited:

riles9262

My dissident is here...
Gladiac0190 said:
hmmm, zelda messed up with the framebuffer stuff (the menu background) ... it is black... ah, and the Zelda logo at the beginning after the nintendo logo is..................... not there.... simply...... away... ;D

Maybe this is a driver fault:

MSI Gforce4 ti4200 64mb vram
nv forceware 53.03 (StarStorm HQ version)

whatsoever, great work, nice progress, keep up the really horny great work and yes... we all love you ;D

i got the same symptoms as you (mine's with master quest). also, i get the issue of link's green house as mentioned above. plus, when i use the charging sword, the whole screen starts to go black and there is no blue energy surrounding the sword.

all settings are the same as they were with 5.4.3; pixel shader, directx, transforming lighting and clipping on.

maybe not a driver issue as it's happening with my 9800pro as well?
on the up and up though, the new layout of the plugin is great and is a vast improvement. :)

Gladiac0190

riles9262 said:
i got the same symptoms as you (mine's with master quest). also, i get the issue of link's green house as mentioned above. plus, when i use the charging sword, the whole screen starts to go black and there is no blue energy surrounding the sword.

all settings are the same as they were with 5.4.3; pixel shader, directx, transforming lighting and clipping on.

maybe not a driver issue as it's happening with my 9800pro as well?
on the up and up though, the new layout of the plugin is great and is a vast improvement. :)

Yes, you're right, the new menu layout of the plugin is really revolutionary.
@Rice: Is it possible to add a 2xSAI Engine for smoothing textures (like GLN64-Plugin does), cause fullscreen smoothing is not really fast on most elder Grafics adapters (even it is really cool ;D)

again and again, great work - respect!

// ugh, darn... forget the sentence with the 2xSaI... ;D

Last edited:

h3h3

u see the huge intrest in ur plugin :)
I'm VERY interested and exited,too
this version for me's a bit buggy though...I'll describe it more detailed soon..
coul u work out this pokemon snap thingy in one of ur next versions??

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Gladiac0190 said:
Yes, you're right, the new menu layout of the plugin is really revolutionary.
@Rice: Is it possible to add a 2xSAI Engine for smoothing textures (like GLN64-Plugin does), cause fullscreen smoothing is not really fast on most elder Grafics adapters (even it is really cool ;D)

The enhancement control option is actually the 2nd filter to apply after the texture enhancement filter.

If you choose 2xSAI and choose smooth or 2xSAI smooth in the enhancement control, you will get what you want.

The smooth filters are not full screen filters, but texture filters.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
khanmeister said:
I also can't find the hq2x setting. Let's play smack the n00b!

hq2x and lq2x are texture enhancement filters. Just similar to 2xSAI filter, they are in the drop down menu of texture enhancement under the "Textures & Filters" tap.

willchu

Will you be interested to investigate on better emulating OgreBattle64 after the upcoming release version of Glide64. OgreBattle64 screen shots look pretty nice shown by Gonetz on his developing graphic plugin. Will this be part of Rice's target in the next version? :)

O

OminaeYu

I don't know about anyone else but since version 5.4.2 everything is totally screwed up after the first use of Direct X (textures ahead of the polygons, polygons flashing and jumbled together)

Also you get some great seizure inducing black and white flashes when trying to use pixel shader options which seem to be the only Direct X option to work when Direct X screwed up but not even it works now.

Only OpenGL works now which I know is best for GeForce cards but there are more options for Direct X which is why I like to use it.

Im using a Geforce 3 Ti200 and Original WHQL'ed Forceware 56.55 drivers

rcgamer

the old guy
willchu said:
Will you be interested to investigate on better emulating OgreBattle64 after the upcoming release version of Glide64. OgreBattle64 screen shots look pretty nice shown by Gonetz on his developing graphic plugin. Will this be part of Rice's target in the next version? :)

so far ogre battle is working pretty well for me. here are some screens. The transformation of day and night is working as well.

Federelli

Beta Tester
Amazing release Rice.

Opinions:
1) Try to explain each menu option more in depth and explain what each options does (for every options, since some don't have explanations at all)
2) Great layout, much improved.

willchu

rcgamer said:
so far ogre battle is working pretty well for me. here are some screens. The transformation of day and night is working as well.

I agree with you. However, those backgounds and transfer sceens in shattering are missing... i.e. lots of good things have yet been emulated :D

Zuzma

I'm using all default options in your 5.5.0 plugin and I get this with every combiner I try. I've even tried messing around with it but it doesn't seem to fix it. Oh and I'm using the 4.3 catalyst drivers for my Radeon 9600 XT by the way.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Federelli said:
Amazing release Rice.

Opinions:
1) Try to explain each menu option more in depth and explain what each options does (for every options, since some don't have explanations at all)
2) Great layout, much improved.

You think the explanations with tooltips are not enough?