What's new

Rice Video 5.5.1 WIP

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Zuzma said:
I'm using all default options in your 5.5.0 plugin and I get this with every combiner I try. I've even tried messing around with it but it doesn't seem to fix it. Oh and I'm using the 4.3 catalyst drivers for my Radeon 9600 XT by the way.

Try to turn off frame buffer options for both render-to-texture and primary back buffer. I will check it after I get home.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
IceFox38 said:
Banjo-Kazooie (U) [!] isn't working anymore-it's just a black screen. The game still runs, though.

You must be kidding. I guess you can find a way to have it working soon.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
@Rice

this new version have a great GUI!!!! :D
we can now control everything related to video options............... :)
AA and ANISO controls are the best improvement that i waited for a long time.... now i don't need to go to my videocard options to force on this settings....
OSD is handyful...........

my first impression with this new release is: EXCELENT.....:D:D but i need to test more games (tested only mariokart right now)...

Thanks for this great plugin...... keep up the good work.........

EDIT: about windowed mode resolution....... i have only 4 options: 320x240, 400x300, 480x360, 512x384....... i like to play with 800*600... something wrong with the plugin??

Last edited:

Zuzma

Rice said:
Try to turn off frame buffer options for both render-to-texture and primary back buffer. I will check it after I get home.

Thank you Rice :). It might just be my video driver update that did it. I remeber with the 5.4.3 version of your video plugin I was using an older version of the catalyst drivers. Er oh I tried what you said and it didn't seem to make a difference.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Nighty0 said:
@Rice
EDIT: about windowed mode resolution....... i have only 4 options: 320x240, 400x300, 480x360, 512x384....... i like to play with 800*600... something wrong with the plugin??

It must be a stupid bug. I try to limit the window mode resolutions to the maximum full screen resolution.

Check your full screen resolutions.

I might have limited the max window mode resolution to the current selected full screen resolution. Will check it later.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Rice said:
You must be kidding. I guess you can find a way to have it working soon.

banjo kazooie working for me...... only have the menu background problem (even with basic & write back fb option, or any other fb option)

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
You need to use "back buffer basic and write back" to see the backgroup at pause screen. To see the puzzle screen, you need to set the back buffer emulation to "At each frame" before the puzzle screen, and you can then turn it off since it is very slow.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Nighty0 said:
banjo kazooie working for me...... only have the menu background problem (even with basic & write back fb option, or any other fb option)

worked fine now. but only after i restarted 1964........

and about windowed resolutions? why i can't set a res higher than 512*384?

jamiec21

I'm having trouble with Mario Tennis. The game boots up fine and going through the options screens are fine. But when starting playing the frame rate drops to about 10fps. Can anyone who has it working fine please give me their settings so I can see it that works.

Thanks.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Nighty0 said:
worked fine now. but only after i restarted 1964........

and about windowed resolutions? why i can't set a res higher than 512*384?

Nighty0, your question is answered above. It is a bug. To work it around, change your full screen resolution to higher values, then restart.

I hope this will work around it. If not, then wait for a patch.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Rice said:
Nighty0, your question is answered above. It is a bug. To work it around, change your full screen resolution to higher values, then restart.

I hope this will work around it. If not, then wait for a patch.

yep.... i need to wait.... doesn't work this workaround.......

and a little cosmetic bug i've found:

revl8er

That Damn Good
It is your video card and driver. If you are using Geforce MX, you need to update the latest driver.

Or to use 2-stage combiner.

I am using an fx5900 ultra with the newest drivers. OOT and Master Quest are the only games I have had any trouble with, I guess I'll just use gln64 to get it working. Great work with perfect dark.

sir_key

Banned
zelda oot: no zelda logo in the beginning
the rooms are messed up (no textures)
i can see other persons only when standing very close to them and the trees are messed up...
but there's only one sun in the sky ;)
perfect dark: looks great but the speed is pretty jumpy... all of a sudden i got 11 v/i's... still looks great...
neon genesis evangelion: looks and plays perfect...
golden eye: the golden eye logo still being a little redish and you can see objects clearly wich should be in the fog....
resident evil 2: doesn't play at all together with starcraft...
mega man 64: looks pretty good too...
donkey kong 64: nothing new...
killer instinct gold: looks nice ingame... the character selection is a little messy though...
zelda mm: the mask in the beginning doesn't show up... the rest looks fine
mission impossible: looking nice though slow as hell
twine: doesn't work at all
rayman 2: some little issues but looking great nonetheless... but no sound..
banjo kazooie: the intro looks nice but as soon as i wanna start playing everything is messed up... and everything is black...
banjo tooie: looks great, no sound, freezes in the beginning
conkers bad fur day: looking great ingame, menu messed up...
diddy kong racing: looking good... nice speed...
disney's tarzan still doesn't work...
you can see my specs in my sig (tested with main rig)
and i used the default plugin settings...

SubCog

rice, instead of making new video plugins, why don't you just port each game individually to the farcry engine?

revl8er

That Damn Good
Mario Kart64 is also a little jumpy in speed on the first level. I didn't really try any other levels in the game. Killer Instinct Gold is also a little jumpy in speed. I'll try other games and tell you how they work.

liteuser

I'll be Back!
Thanks , Rice
I really like the plugin so far and its working great . but just one question why
is the windowed mode resolution so low it only lets me go 320 x 240 and 400 x 300 . Thats really small am I doing something wrong ? sorry to sound like a total noob . full screen looks great but when i exit i have a full screen window
with a small windowed game inside . my drivers are up to date .

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Someone else gets the problem, too.

Let me know your full screen resolutions in the sequence as they appear in the full screen resolution drop down list.