What's new

Rice Video 5.5.1 WIP

olivieryuyu

Rice

i made an investigation: for topgear overdrive the problem was fixed with your 4.5 version: here what was fixed:

1. Graphics enhancement
* 2xSaI
* 2x (double texture size)
* Sharpen filter
* option to apply 2xSaI or 2x for small texture only and/or for textrect only
* option to apply 2xSaI or 2x with smooth filter
* option to force bilinear filter

2. Speed up
* Speed up in DirectX color combiners
* More faster texture loading
* Many code rewritting and rearrangement to speed up

3.lot of texture problem fixes.
* Textures are not bluring anymore
* Support YUV texture format
* IA4 texture loading bug fix (Zelda tree)
* Irregular texture format supporting

4. Game issue fixes
F-Zero menu
Madden NFL games: field gfx errores are fixed.
FIFA soccer games, I.S.S._64: field gfx
Nascar2000: wall
NFL quarterback 98, working great
All star baseball games, 99/2000/2001, all fixed
Fix pilotwing blackblock problem.
Cruise USA - road
Rayman 2 with OpenGL
Bust 'A' Move games
Army Men - Air Combat: combiner
Centre_Court_Tennis: crashes
Glover: texture
Harvest_Moon_64: texture
Mortal_Kombat_4: triangle culling
PaperMario: texture
Silicon_Valley: combiner
Spider-Man: texture

I don't know if that could help you to know how it was fixed

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
?

Do you mean version 4.5 works better than 5.5.1 for those problems? These fixes should also in 5.5.1. A later version should always get better unless some new problems are introduced.

olivieryuyu

oops!!

Rice said:
?

Do you mean version 4.5 works better than 5.5.1 for those problems? These fixes should also in 5.5.1. A later version should always get better unless some new problems are introduced.

sorry i don't choose the right topic don't know why (should be a question for Rice topic)

I meant that with the version 4.4 of your plugin the "no access to the title bug" in topgear overdrive happens and was solved with version 4.5. If you compare the two code of thoses plugins, you could understand may be how you fixed it.

sorry again for wrong topic

dataangel

It seems that 5.2.0 doesn't exhibit one problem 5.5.1 does: In Jet Force Gemini, during the intro, there are white and grey cutouts of characters moving around randomly in the top left corner of the screen. Not sure if this just means a video setting is set to a different default in 5.5.1 or if there's a bug.

dataangel

Aren't those settings supposed to be autodetected for games? :p I know there's the big rom ini file defining what should be set -- is that emulator specific or graphics plugin specific? Because if it belongs to the graphic plugin the correct setting should be found and made the default for that game.

Also, 5.2.0 seems to work better for RE2. With 5.2.0 I can see the options screen (albeit with many gfx errors) -- in 5.5.1 it's just black. Also, 1964 seems to be set to have frame buffer clear to on by default, this makes the spinning N64 logo appear correctly at the beginning, but it means once you start playing your characters are invisible! Unfortunately playing with the settings can't necessarily fix this because sometimes the frame buffer needs to be squared and sometimes completely unchecked (square to see characters, unchecked when you die and for n64 intro, probably something else for movies once those are working, etc.)

I'm a n00b around here, but aren't all these frame buffer and other graphic options necessary only because certain things aren't emulated yet that would let this kind of stuff be autodetected so you wouldn't even need a rom ini file?

And a random thing I noticed: With Catalyst 3.3 drivers on my r9700pro, Two characters were missing from the background on the television set in the intro of Hybrid Heaven (the guys on either side of the newscaster) but with Catalyst 3.5 they appeared -- I didn't change any plugin or driver settings. Odd.

Still learning the ropes,

dataangel
(Who has been spoiled by near perfect snes emulators)

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
I believe that the flickering in Paper Mario can be fixed by changing the Frame Update At: option to At VI origin change (either that or At VI origin update... I forget which).

Video settings aren't controlled in the emulator's ini... RiceVideo has its own ini with fail-safe settings for each game. Having said that, each video driver... even down to different versions of the same driver, as you've found out... has its own quirks.

Essentially, this means that you have to fiddle with the video drivers settings until the game acts the way that you want it. Generally, your settings will be similar to ones that someone else will be using for the same card line (Radeon 9600-9800 are the same chip generation, I believe...).

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Rice, can I ask what is required in the D3DCAPSx structure for this plugin to run correctly? And presumably what settings require what other features from the card?

lasly

Joe Silvera
Just a little message to said that with 1964 , my pc freeze and crash when i try to launch F-zero.

I own a geforce4ti 4200 suma and all the three latest drivers gimme the same result