What's new

Rice Video 5.5.1 WIP

wichoxp

wichobot's 2nd. name
S. F. Rush problem:
When I check “Full TMEM Emulation” everything work good but the tracks don’t display the road correctly.

Croustibat

SuperFish
Rice 5.5.1 1964 0.9.9

Sorry for my bad english

hi!

Missing textures with Diddy kong racing....

Salut!

...to be continued...
Rice said:
You're using a wrong combiner for your video card.
THANKS RICE.:)

Last edited:

Phrost

Hey. I'm new to the forum but I've been in the "scene" for a long long time. Anyway, rice: good job on the plugin. It's coming out great except for a few glitches I noticed. I'm using 1964 .99 with your plugin 5.5.1. Here are my PC specs.

OS: WinXP Professional 5.1 Service Pack 2, v.2096 (Build #2600) CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1700+ (T-Bred) , 1.49 GHz Video: Default Monitor on nVidia GeForce FX 5200 (1024x768x32bpp 75Hz) Sound: Santa Cruz(tm) Memory: Used: 360/1024MB Uptime: 23h 58m 10s HD: [C:] 3.60/9.77 GB [D:] 3.75/102.04 GB Connection: VIA Compatable Fast Ethernet Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport @ 100.0 Mbps (Rec: 917.91MB Sent: 1479.31MB)

I'm also using DirectX mode cuz OGL looks terrible. For one, the Train level in goldeneye loads, but nothing is displayed at all (although I can hear it running). Also, here's a pic of the title screen.

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Croustibat said:
Sorry for my bad english

hi!

Missing textures with Diddy kong racing....

Salut!

...to be continued...

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Rice said:

Rice, i'm not sure that it is that, i also get this problem (radeon 9000 pro), on limited 2 stage combiner, i even get errors on pixel shader, though not as bad, as i'll demonstrate in the next two screenies...

first one is pixel shader, notice that the elephant guy (forgot his name) looks wrong, check jabos for what he should look like.

in the second shot the same char is all black (limited two stage combiner);

Also i'm not sure whether the fog color and distance is correct here...

During the intro just after starting the game, you cannot see the first little bit, its too dark, happens on both combiners.

EDIT:I added a 3rd screenshot (from jabos), where the char looks correct, the fog looks more correct as well.

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
The fog color is ok , but its too thick , on my n64 (+ on my emu) , i can still see far enough to see the "piggy-rock"

it shouls look like this :

/edit : Tip-Tup Ownz yoo ^_^ + I made it with Rice's !

Last edited:

CLSugarman

In Majura's Mask, the bombers' notebook and the pictograph don't work. this is a plug-in issue, not a video card/ driver issue because it works on other plug-ins as well as on other video cards. the one i'm primarily trying out with is a GeForceFX 5200 because I know Rice's plug-in works better w/ GeForce 256+ cards

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
CLSugarman said:
In Majura's Mask, the bombers' notebook and the pictograph don't work. this is a plug-in issue, not a video card/ driver issue because it works on other plug-ins as well as on other video cards. the one i'm primarily trying out with is a GeForceFX 5200 because I know Rice's plug-in works better w/ GeForce 256+ cards

Some friends have FX5200 128MB and i don't see the difference. I have a FX5600 256MB. The only thing in my card is better is the resolution/AA/Aniso that i can set higher than in 5200 without performance loss.

about bomber's notebook, you can use jabo's plugin for now. (don't know the status in glide64 plugin)

-Shadow-

Banned
I can't get far enough to look at the bomber's notebook , because Glide64 (with evoodoo) crashes when a Render-to-Texture effect is on the screen .
I works with Gln64 , too !

CLSugarman , i think you don't even know what you are sayin' ....

CLSugarman

back in 99, first GPU card ever made, callled a GeForce 256. Rice's plug-in seems to favor NVidia gfx cards that based are on the GeForce series starting with GeForce 256 and later. I have 2 Radeon cards, 9200, and 9700 and the plug-in doesn't seem to like them much. Does Rice know about this bug? Because I don't think any other video plug-in displays Zelda:MM as nicely as Rice's, but the notebook is pretty vital to beating the game, at least completing it 100%.

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
For some reason, the Basic and Write Back framebuffer doesn't work in Banjo Kazooie on my computer w/ 5.5.0 and 5.5.1. Oddly enough, it works fine in 5.4.3.
Details:
1964 0.9.9
DirectX Pixel Shader
Radeon 9000 Pro
Windowed Mode
all other settings left at defaults (except Framebuffer where necessary)

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
CLSugarman said:
back in 99, first GPU card ever made, callled a GeForce 256. Rice's plug-in seems to favor NVidia gfx cards that based are on the GeForce series starting with GeForce 256 and later. I have 2 Radeon cards, 9200, and 9700 and the plug-in doesn't seem to like them much. Does Rice know about this bug? Because I don't think any other video plug-in displays Zelda:MM as nicely as Rice's, but the notebook is pretty vital to beating the game, at least completing it 100%.

Sorry my fault, a misunderstand........... tnx clements, i remember now what is the geforce256. i made this confusion because Rice plugin runs flawlessly in a Riva TnT2!!!!!!!! (I will remember to post some screenies, my godmother have a TnT2)

But Rice also have a Radeon 9600, and he solved many problems with radeon cards. Since i don't have one you need to ask someone that have too a radeon card. Don't take your conclusions alone..... :) share, ask and discuss before. :)

Bomber's Notebook is really a problem...... sorry........

Last edited:

wichoxp

wichobot's 2nd. name
To Rice (or anybody):
Is there some way to quit the Background Texture in the games? Some games turn very slow when the background moves or change the sky texture.

Last edited:

sultanoswing

Aidyn Problem

Great, great work on the plugin Rice....such dedication to the plugin and these forums really is appreciated! :cheers:

In Aidyn Chronicles....I'd like to be able to use 5.5.1 for this game (as it's default for my other games!)....but the texture of the main character is missing during the in-game night/dark). Not too serious, as no such problems on 5.2.0 - but what gives later revs?? Sorry - no way to post a screenie!

Specs:

1964 0.99
Shibo/Hactarux RSP/Azimer combo (the best advice/sound I've heard for all games!)
Rice 5.5.1 (5.2.0 doesn't have this problem)
DirectX 9.0b / 56.72 Starforce NVIDIA drivers (same with older drivers too)
PIII 1.2 GHz, Win XP/SP1
SB Live 5.1

GeForce 440MX

Settings:

Default ROM settings
DirectX (OpenGL has many more errors, and this texture is still missing)
NVIDIA TNT/GF/GF2 combiner (tried all options here)
Enable Fog & SSE
DISABLE normal combiner and normal blender (makes no difference)
All else is default (tried almost everything!)

Last edited:

Clements

Rice, can you please make your plugin filter sprites like the trees in SM64 and so on? (Is it possible already?) I enable all the filtering options including forcing linear filter, hq4x and 2xSAI smooth yet it doesn't filter the trees in SM64 like glN64() can. In the following shot, glN64() is on the left and Rice's Video on the right. That way, you'd steal the image quality crown from glN64() :p

ryanraab

Nice find Clements. That would make the games look awesome. Seeing has I play SM64 lots. How it will not be hard to do.