What's new

Rice Video 5.5.1 WIP

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Slowing down is more than normal for his video card FX5200. FX5200 pixel shader is slow for high resolutions. He can either use lower resolution, or to use other DX combiner. The semi-pixelshader combiner will be much faster for him. 2-stage combiner will also work for FX5200, but not as good as pixel shader at all.

Jabo's is working faster for him because Jabo's does not use pixel shader.

scotty

The Great One
Thank you for your continued dedication to improving your video plugin Rice. I will be using it later tonight to try it out.

MastaKlobb

Perfect Dark is going quite well, only a couple of problems.
First picture shows the problem there is with the sky.
You can - sort of - fix this problem by switching on force buffer clear and disabling fog for strange, 'nightime play' - this is shown in picture 2

Once you do this Perfect Dark combat simulator becomes very playable.
There is still problems with camspy, night vison, blurry vision when you get punched - these all seem to be effects on top of the game, but I don't really understand why it shows blood when you die if it has problems with this... Rice, if you could take a look at Perfect Dark it would be much appreciated.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Heres a mario party glicth in game, the map in the background is having some rendering problems as you can see... pieces of it "seem" to be delayed in drawing.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Sayargh said:
Heres a mario party glicth in game, the map in the background is having some rendering problems as you can see... pieces of it "seem" to be delayed in drawing.

Check if you have enabled "Texture Scale Hack" option for this game.

khanmeister

Banned
rasta2004 said:
this is my first post
i can't configure rice video 5.5.1
can some one help

You're going to have to post a hell of alot more than that.

What are your specs? What drivers are you using? Do you have duncan's latest ini? You better surf these boards a little more thuroughly before you ask those kinda questions! :D

:cowboy:

minkster

:)

Even All Star Baseball 20001 works without freezing!(only works in pj64 for me) great job rice keep up the good work. I do have a problem though. When I play some games with rices plugin on pj64, the frames jitter and arent smooth does anyone know how to stop that from happening?

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
A little bug for ya, Rice... :)

Snowboard Kids (U), Pixel Shader or Semi Pixel Shader

board selection menu don't works
Screens: First one with glN64 (which is correctly emulated), the second with rice video 5.51 (another versions this don't works too)

If someone can confirm this i will be thankful.

The Siskoo

Nighty0 said:
A little bug for ya, Rice... :)

Snowboard Kids (U), Pixel Shader or Semi Pixel Shader

board selection menu don't works
Screens: First one with glN64 (which is correctly emulated), the second with rice video 5.51 (another versions this don't works too)

If someone can confirm this i will be thankful.

With Jabo's 1.5.1, I have the same screen thant you (glN64 screen). With Rice i have the same problem than you.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
It is a known problem (not a bug). It works in OpenGL mode, and works in DX if you don't use Software T&L.

I have no idea why it happens, because of depth fighting or something else.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Rice said:
It is a known problem (not a bug). It works in OpenGL mode, and works in DX if you don't use Software T&L.

Thanks for your reply......

otomo

Minor Bugs

Hello

first one is on super mario 64, look into the nose in the attached shot, both software T&L and soft vertex clipper are enabled, it's makes no difference wether I enable them or not.

second is on Zelda OOT, notice how the N64 logo has changed
using 5.5.0 in first shot and, 5.5.1 in the second zelda screen shot.

my system is an XP2600+ and GF4TI with 512MB.

using directx pixel shader of course.

minkster--> I have the same problem when running Mario Kart64.

Thanks for your work rice.

PS

can anybody explain how do I post screen shots and having them to show on the message?

ryanraab

Got problem SM64 for me is messed up. Seeing double marios the pictures for the levels are moving away. With 5.5.0 the same settings it works perfect but 5.5.1 messes it up anything different with 5.5.1 that could of done this.

The Siskoo

Rice said:

With T&L Off, we can see the board selection menu but in game there are some gfx errors then it's better to keep T&L on.

Take a look on the picture call : snowboardkids - Rice :
there are some thin line even with Increase TextRec Edge On.
On the picture call snowboardkids - Jabo 1.5.1 the screen is correct.

Do you have an idea to resolve this ?

khanmeister

Banned
Dr Mario doesn't work full speed in two player with the new version. I've reverted to .5.4.3 for that game in two player. The new version starts to lag and show 0% idle and is basically very annoying. :) It looks just as pretty, though. Hope this little feedback helps.

BTW, you can give me some more advice on any feedback you want, I'm happy to test anything you want on my rig and give you as detailed as a report as possible.

Thanks!

rcgamer

the old guy
top gear hyperbike quit working for me now. it stops after the honda-be safe when riding page. I used to be able to get in game. though it looked bad.