What's new

rdb wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allnatural

Yo Smiff, you may want to set the counter factor to 1 for Fighting Force. It was choppy as all heck for me at 2. Nice and smooth at 1.:)

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Jet Force Gemini Kiosk will studder(very annoying) if full screen and triple buffer. problem can be solved with using transfer memory or not using full screen.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
pj64er said:
Jet Force Gemini Kiosk will studder(very annoying) if full screen and triple buffer. problem can be solved with using transfer memory or not using full screen.

yeah ive seen this, im 90% sure its an nVidia driver problem

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
nope, me hav radeon, latest driver.

also, ur note doesnt say the 'force depth compare' to fix the title screen

[sorry i edited your post]

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
well i think its a driver problem, when i went back to 21.83 that was the end of it.. dunno will check, any other games?

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
thanks in advance anyone who can get anywhere with that, Allnatural is doing great (have i got your name right this time?) :) if you cant understand my list dont worry just leave it to someone who does

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
pj64er said:
nope, me hav radeon, latest driver.

also, ur note doesnt say the 'force depth compare' to fix the title screen

fix it in what way sorry?

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
ok so can anyone get these to start on the core of 1.4:

Body Harvest
City Tour GP (did it ever work?!)
CruisNUSA
Nagano Winter Olympics
Nightmare Creatures
Spacestation Silicon Valley (when did it last work?!)

dolarsrg

mrio tennis pal

Mario tennis pal have a lot of bugs. Resolutión and blak box in the screen,.... I'm sure that is a RDB problem... I have a TNT Nvidia Rivia 2, but the other games runs great!

Hitman

You guys are a blessing to the users of this emu.
Sounds like the new RDB release is gonna fix a LOT of stuff.
I read this entire thread today and can see the work going in to it. To all those who are contributing, huge thanks. Keep it up. Us newbies or non-contributors really appreciate all the work everyone puts into these new files. Well, i do at least.

:pj64:

hehe. this is my first and maybe last post here. I just had to register and shout out a thanks to everyone. You guys know who you are.... Don't you Smifffffff !?

Cheers
Hitman.

http://retro-remakes.emuunlim.com

Allnatural

Ok, here's what I know about SSSV, Nightmare Creatures, and Body Harvest.

SSSV--I can't for the life of me get that to work on any version of PJ64. I've tried 1.2, 1.3, and of course 1.4. The problem is always the same, the title screen comes up and plays fine, but near the end of the title the FPS display starts dropping lower and lower until the game eventually hangs.???

Nightmare Creatures-- Version 1.2, numerous opcode errors, but the game does run and looks pretty good. I haven't played any more than the opening scene though, so I have no idea what stability is like. Version 1.3, no opcode errors, but most graphics are missing; unplayable. The best bet for this game is the 1.3 core witn the 1.2 video.:plain:

Body Harvest works fine on version 1.3, with a few graphic issues. Haven't got it to start yet in 1.4.

I'm downloading the PAL versions of SSSV and Body Harvest. With any luck those will run on 1.4 (issues similar to Duke Nukem: ZH perhaps? PAL works but US doesn't?). You haven't tried those already have you Smiff?

Last edited:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Smiff said:

fix it in what way sorry?

ok, for me in Jet Force Gemini Kiosk, the screen with the guy running has a fux0red background if i dont use force depth compare.

Allnatural

Hey, the PAL version of SSSV seems to work fine, default settings even.:colgate: If it hangs, it doesn't hang at the title screen like the US version. I don't have time to play deep into it and check stability, so if someone has the PAL version (or can get it) and is up to some hardcore playing, have at it.;)

Incidently, it does require a res fix. Like so many others, setting the height to 240 works fine.:)

Allnatural

Ogy said:
allnatural you are a hit!, smiff be careful your job is in danger!
You're too kind.:blush:

To be honest though, I just started getting the hang of things recently. I've asked some pretty boneheaded questions in the past, and I deserved every "RTFM" response I got.:blush: Smiff's job is still quite secure.:)

I just wish I'd had more time during the beta period; may have been able to sort out some of these things sooner. Oh well, no time like the present.;)

Allnatural

Another note on SSSV (E). There appear to be some graphic issues. Stuff like missing menu text, some depth problems here and there, maybe more (I'll be honest, I never played this game on the console, so I'm not entirely sure how it should look:lookaway: ). The upshot is that the game is still quite playable. I've played into the 2nd level, no stability problems yet.:)

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
another massive Doh from me, well done. But I think ive found a mistake in GoodN64, the (F) SSSV is probably bad (anyone know?), and it shares a CRC with the (E) (wtf was Cowering smoking?) ;). Also strangely (J) seems to work. all very very weird. and the graphics situation is a mess too, seems to be things missing in V>1.2 video.

EDIT no ok J doesnt work that makes much more sense sorry.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Allnatural,

so right now we have only 4 broken core games (?)

Body Harvest
CruisN USA
Nagano Winter Olympics 98
Nightmare Creatures

you agree with that? anyone? ive crossed City Tour GP off cos ive got no evidence it ever worked (though i have a hunch it did).

and just 2 games that are better on older vid plug?:

Smash Bros (1.3) (are some people ok with 1.4?!)
Iggy's Reckin balls (1.2)

crossed off G.A.S.P Fighters cos it dont work right on any v.

Status
Not open for further replies.