rdb wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Allnatural said:
Of course, I am using Internal transforms.

I always thought the Force Depth Enable function was there to fix depth problems on the Internal pipeline. Comes in handy here, and in the sky textures of Wave Race and DKR.

Exactly, its not, somethings wrong, either with the Radeon drivers or Jabo's code. That option is only for the halos in zelda and a very few other things, it should never be "needed". Dunno i need to talk to Jabo about this.

Allnatural

Smiff said:

Exactly, its not, somethings wrong, either with the Radeon drivers or Jabo's code. That option is only for the halos in zelda and a very few other things, it should never be "needed". Dunno i need to talk to Jabo about this.
I'm none-Radeon, so it could be the plugin. Unless nVidia drivers have the same problems. I'm using 21.83 right now.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
I need some help with the status of these:

City-Tour GP
Dark Rift
Mario No Photopie
Mia Hamm Soccer 64
Stunt Racer 64

pwetty please

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
yes me hav Radeon, so both ATi and nVidia is affected.

i dont even know how to get TnL, so that is not it.

internal gives allnatural's screenshot, external is even worse.

i also hav installed tweaks(Rage 3D Tweaks), and hav them applied. It has not affected any other game.

Allnatural

Smiff said:
I need some help with the status of these:

City-Tour GP
Dark Rift
Mario No Photopie
Mia Hamm Soccer 64
Stunt Racer 64

pwetty please
You talkin' to me.:cool: I'm leaving for work in a moment, so I will need to download them later.

N-Rage

people, u have 32-bit Z-Buffer enabled in ur drivers? Both ATI & Nvidia disable it at default to gain a few FPS.

I posted a bunch of JFG Screenies a while ago with a beta-Version of 1.4. With internal Transform everything was fine for me, I never used Depth Compare. Will try later, cant run PJ64 within WinXP.

Allnatural

Ok, I did have a few minutes to grab and test Dark Rift. Unable to detect microcode. Choosing any one manually (I chose each in turn) caused an access violation in the plugin. No go on this game.

Last edited:
The same and for Stunt Racer 64,no microcode detection.I was just wondering for this game,Smiff have you ever managed to get it working?Cos in rdb you are saying that it's working with issues.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Yeah there are some mistakes which im tyring to correct. but..

goddamit im really losing my cool with this, why cant i get anything out of Resident Evil 2 now, it definately used to show me the intro, some menus etc. now i get squat, wtf, this is so damn annoying lol now i know how a newbie feels

Allnatural

Mia Hamm Soccer--No uCode detection

Stunt Racer 64--ditto

I believe you already suggested that City Tour GP never worked Smiff? I can confirm:

City Tour GP--No go on 1.2, 1.3, or 1.4

Allnatural

Smiff said:
thanks, of course, the (lack of) ucode detect isnt the problem, i think those arent supported by core (you confirm?)
Let me make sure I understand the question.

In cases where there isn't an immediate access violation (after selecting a uCode manually), will something, anything happen?

If that's the question, then yes, Mia Hamm and Stunt Racer aren't supported in the core. When I found a uCode that wouldn't crash, I fiddled with some other settings. No luck getting anything to appear.

(Please correct me if I misinterpreted:blush: )

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yeah without the debugging tools its a bit hit and mess, you can tell from the counters mostly and using 1964 to crosscheck (very handy is 1964 for that), if the FPS goes nuts (stunt racer and dark rift, right?) thats the core dropping it, you can tell whether the video has started or not by seeing if the ucode box has greyed out (or if plugin prompts).

its a bit of detective work, im not using tools everyone doesnt have only im used to what the emu does (which is why RE2 threw me, think it got broken after beta3).

Allnatural

Actually, Dark Rift gives me an access violation regardless of which uCode I select. Stunt Racer and Mia Hamm on the other hand, the FPS will stay constant at 60, and the video apparently starts (the uCode box is greyed out), but I get nothing. The usual checks, CF, TLB, ABL, etc. still yeild nothing, which is why I figure the core can't handle 'em.

Anyway, it's late and I'm off to bed.:sleepy: If there's anything else that needs checking, I'll do it tomorrow.:)

Allnatural

Smiff said:
hehe its prolly only sitting on 60 cos you have the limiter on! :p (?)
Ah yes, didn't think about that. Now I see what you mean, turning off the limiter sends the framerate soaring.

CLSugarman

smiff, in 1.4 Beta2 Zelda 64 1.1 was on the list as compatible, but ever since 1.4 beta3 itz been unknown

Powerpuff girls in not on the list jsuk

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
CLSugarman said:
smiff, in 1.4 Beta2 Zelda 64 1.1 was on the list as compatible, but ever since 1.4 beta3 itz been unknown

Powerpuff girls in not on the list jsuk

yeah what happened was GoodN64 09997 came out and proclaimed that a bad ROM, the entry in the RDB is for the new good ROM. I suggest you rescan your ROMS with the newest GoodN64.

Powerpuff girls is there too, probably same reason.

Allnatural

World Driver Championship. Get a nice white screen and about 5 FPS using F3DEX 1.XX, eventually an access violation. With the expansion pack off, I get an immediate access violation.

You didn't know that already did you Smiff? I'm having a hard time distinguishing between "pending check" and "need people to check".:plain:

Status
Not open for further replies.