What's new

rdb wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yes for anyone wondering i'm going to work on the RDB some more so if there's anything anyone's discovered do crawl out of the woodwork and say

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
any help with these appreciated (i know ive covered some before but still aren't certain)

City-Tour GP
Excitebike
GT 64
Mario No Photopie (may not be a game?)
Mia Hamm Soccer
Nagano Winter Olympics
PD Ultraman Battle Collection 64 (what is this? Public Domain?)
Space Dynamites (I forget, is this JFG or something?)

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
AHA!

???you see smiff, this happens to other people as well, i also talked to some people on IRC and it happened to them too. even if it does not happen to you i strongly recommend setting it to 2.(this setting doesn't have a problem with anyone)

Allnatural

Re: AHA!

Ogy said:
???you see smiff, this happens to other people as well, i also talked to some people on IRC and it happened to them too. even if it does not happen to you i strongly recommend setting it to 2.(this setting doesn't have a problem with anyone)
Except for the level 4 lock-up, and random lock-ups elsewhere.

I was able to recreate this problem by using Azimer's latest plugin, but that's probably not the issue as most people (I believe) are using Jabo's. Sorry Ogy, but this has me totally buggered.???

Allnatural

A little experiment for you Ogy. If you have (or can get) Space Station Silicon Valley (E), see if it runs for you. Not just the intro, but into the first level (the intro is quite long). The same person you referenced as having problems with Turok is having identical problems with SSSV, another game that runs fine for me.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Re: AHA!

Ogy said:

god, i only set it to 1 'cos people told me to.

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
Re: Re: AHA!

Firstly i'd like to apologize for the late response.
and now:

Allnatural said:

Except for the level 4 lock-up, and random lock-ups elsewhere.

I was able to recreate this problem by using Azimer's latest plugin, but that's probably not the issue as most people (I believe) are using Jabo's. Sorry Ogy, but this has me totally buggered.???

hmm... I didn't know about those, sorry i guess smiff has two options:

1. set CF to 1 by default and write about the CF 2 story in the PJgameFAQ.
2.set CF to 2 by default and write about the CF 1 story in the PJgameFAQ.

which one of them it'll be, is not for me to decide...

Allnatural said:
A little experiment for you Ogy. If you have (or can get) Space Station Silicon Valley (E), see if it runs for you. Not just the intro, but into the first level (the intro is quite long). The same person you referenced as having problems with Turok is having identical problems with SSSV, another game that runs fine for me.

yes, lets see,... vat are ze key elementz in zis experimintation?

vi hav ze rom... in ze emu... viz the video broken... not goot.. i see problem...

ok, enough, lets get serious...
ok, SSV (E) does not work at all with jabo's for me, i don't even get to the intro, unless...... unless he meant the logo intro.. the one with TAKE2 and dmv. and not the game story...(the one that's funny like hell) because the take 2 logo i do get with the (E) .

Smiff said:

god, i only set it to 1 'cos people told me to.

you'll have to decide that one yourself smiff (see above)

Allnatural

Ok, now we know it's system related. You (Ogy), and at least one other can't run SSSV or Turok (on CF=1), whereas they both run fine for me.

Now we need to find the common denominator(s) between systems having these problems.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
ok i've updated the 1.4 RDB in line with the one that went out with 1.5b1. so not very relevant ('cos you're all using 1.5b1 right) but needed doing)

Status
Not open for further replies.