What's new

rdb wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadLy

Re Mario party

Update: Dont worry about my problem.... I've found out now, that that mini-game Mario Bandstand, works in PJ64 v1.3.

Zaphod

Re: Re Mario party

MadLy said:
Update: Dont worry about my problem.... I've found out now, that that mini-game Mario Bandstand, works in PJ64 v1.3.

Actually, this problem with the Mario Bandstand mini-game is deriving from Jabo's 1.4, not PJ 1.4 itself. It works with Jabo's 1.3. So you have the choice of playing the whole game with the famous flickering or have almost compatible gameplay with excellent graphics. Not the best of choices...

Zaphod

Shadow_z1

high sys req. (add/remove? suggestions please)
Aerofighters Assault
BattleZone
Beetle Adventure Racing
Duck Dodgers
Goldeneye
Nuclear Strike 64
Perfect Dark
Turok3
World Cup 64
Zool
Please do not remove these for more compatibility, at least not goldeneye, perfect dark and turok 3, they are great games
it would be sad to see them taken out ??? because people with higher requirements ( such as my self ) can run these games perfectly. I have all these for n64 anyway, but i love playing them on pc because the graphics are much better

Last edited:
OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
"Airboarder 64 (E) [!], Duke Nukem - ZER0 H0UR (E) [!],
Duke Nukem - ZER0 H0UR (F) [!] and
GoldenEye 007 (E) [!] doesnt works in two players."

any of that true?

Raziel

meh ?
Slougi said:
I will post the whole log when i get home ok? The guy really didn't say much more than that and then left. An AOL user of course lol ;)
What's wrong with AOL users:devil:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Shadow_z1 said:
high sys req. (add/remove? suggestions please)
Aerofighters Assault
BattleZone
Beetle Adventure Racing
Duck Dodgers
Goldeneye
Nuclear Strike 64
Perfect Dark
Turok3
World Cup 64
Zool
Please do not remove these for more compatibility, at least not goldeneye, perfect dark and turok 3, they are great games
it would be sad to see them taken out ??? because people with higher requirements ( such as my self ) can run these games perfectly. I have all these for n64 anyway, but i love playing them on pc because the graphics are much better

changes in the rdb cannot "remove" games. even if they did, pj64 would "add" then back when trying to run it. thanks for showing ur "love".

Allnatural

^^^^

Not to mention that Smiff isn't asking if the games themselves should be removed, just the "high sys requirement" note.:p

C

Couche

High sys req

I have trouble running most of the high system requirements games like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark.

But I can run Turok 3 and Beetle Adventure Racing without any slowdowns or any probs at all. I have a PIII 866 with a 32 meg TNT 2 video card. So hopefully that helps you decide whether or not to remove the high sys req note from the RDB...

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
pj64 is just not good at GE, try another emu, like 1964.
PD on the other hand requires extremely high sys req (well, over 1Ghz).

even though the note says high sys req, the requirements vary from game to game. it just tells u what to expect.

Davemc

Dave
i think maybe you should remove the "high system requirements" on World cup '98 (e) [!]

it runs fine for me

Last edited:

augias

unrecognized games

Although I'm using the newest rdb, 2 of my roms don't work:

Earthworm Jim 3D (U) [h1] (AGS intro)
Charlie Blast's Territory (U) [h2] (AGS intro)

If I try to run them, I get the following message:

Unhandled R43000i OpCode at: 8020001C
sync

Stoping Emulation

(That's right: "stoping" instead of "Stopping"!)

They "work" on NEMU64, although "work" seems to be too strong a word for Eathworm Jim 3D on Nemu. Charlies BT OK on NEMU.

???

sk8bloke22

roll for life
Re: unrecognized games

augias said:
Although I'm using the newest rdb, 2 of my roms don't work:

Earthworm Jim 3D (U) [h1] (AGS intro)
Charlie Blast's Territory (U) [h2] (AGS intro)

If I try to run them, I get the following message:

Unhandled R43000i OpCode at: 8020001C
sync

Stoping Emulation

(That's right: "stoping" instead of "Stopping"!)

They "work" on NEMU64, although "work" seems to be too strong a word for Eathworm Jim 3D on Nemu. Charlies BT OK on NEMU.

???

u should download roms with (U) [!] extentions...u probably downloaded some bad roms, go to www.smiff.clara.net and download a rom tool called goodn64. this will detect whether ur rom is good or bad.

B

Blade64

I just had a look at the RDB and apparently JFG should work fine - BUT he can't run or shoot - Is this an RDB problem?

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Re: High sys req

Couche said:
I have trouble running most of the high system requirements games like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark.

But I can run Turok 3 and Beetle Adventure Racing without any slowdowns or any probs at all. I have a PIII 866 with a 32 meg TNT 2 video card. So hopefully that helps you decide whether or not to remove the high sys req note from the RDB...

hmm, those games run at 60FPS for you? anyone else find them not slow?

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Blade64 said:
I just had a look at the RDB and apparently JFG should work fine - BUT he can't run or shoot - Is this an RDB problem?

no, it's a problem with the user not reading the FAQ

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
CpU MasteR said:
Smiff, Think of Adding Rush 2 (E) (Paradox Intro) to the RDB, it is not there plus, It doesnt work.. :/

no i mean that's not a good rom (redump) is it

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Re: Re: unrecognized games

sk8bloke22 said:

u should download roms with (U) [!] extentions...u probably downloaded some bad roms, go to www.smiff.clara.net and download a rom tool called goodn64. this will detect whether ur rom is good or bad.

he's scanned the roms, found they're hacked, and is using them anyway. can't really help with that

Status
Not open for further replies.