What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Pietschie & Bad Randolphs Super Smash Bros. HD

OP
Pietschie

Pietschie

Heres a little update again. As you can see the background of peachs castle is finished. All other textures of this stage are done as well, which means that this one is now complete, too :)

smashbrothers9id7.jpg

smashbrothers58tg4.jpg

smashbrothers63qn0.jpg

smashbrothers64op1.jpg

As usual, more new screens can be found on the website

_yo_wasup_

Wow, awesome map guys! I assume there is no way to make the bridge have more of a 3d look to it, but I do have one question. The second screeny:

smashbrothers58tg4.jpg

Why exactly is the bridge extending past the railing on both sides?
I'm pretty sure it doesn't normally do that, right?

X-Fi6

Yo wasup, that's the way it is in the normal game. You can't change the polygons or 3d models of anything in n64 games (not *yet* at least............... it might be possible in like 10 years but I have no clue since I'm not a gfx plugin programmer). You can only swap the textures applied to them.

_yo_wasup_

Yo wasup, that's the way it is in the normal game. You can't change the polygons or 3d models of anything in n64 games (not *yet* at least............... it might be possible in like 10 years but I have no clue since I'm not a gfx plugin programmer). You can only swap the textures applied to them.

No it's not. =]

noitsnot1kl3.png

noitsnot2.PNG

_yo_wasup_

Right now, I'm using Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6, and it accurately displays the original smash perfectly. Why do you use a plugin that doesn't? (Just curious).

ReplayTy

Super Mario RPG master
I use Rice...I don't know why it doesn't work with any Sm64 hires i've ever used! Maybe SSB will turn the tables...

OP
Pietschie

Pietschie

Right now, I'm using Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6, and it accurately displays the original smash perfectly. Why do you use a plugin that doesn't? (Just curious).

Because Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 doesn't support hires textures. Whenever I play I have hires textures activated and Rices video plugin works best for me with textures loaded and full HD resolution, which I also can't set as a fullscreen resolution with every other video plugin. Some offer it, but somehow it still doesn't work properly.

Kyo

Yeah..
Hey, I haven't posted anything around these here parts for two years or so, but after seeing this stuff I couldn't help myself.

I mean, have you guys seen the textures these guys are pumping out? They look amazing.

Seriously, I feel like thanking you already. After seeing that Falcon, the backgrounds, everything...well, great job guys. I'm telling every fan of the game I know about this, and I'd be curious to know how many people are waiting out on the pack.

Anyway, keep it up. I sure know I will continue to check here often.

death--droid

Because Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 doesn't support hires textures. Whenever I play I have hires textures activated and Rices video plugin works best for me with textures loaded and full HD resolution, which I also can't set as a fullscreen resolution with every other video plugin. Some offer it, but somehow it still doesn't work properly.

Yeah...
Oh yeah not to bother you but do you have any estimated time of release(ETR)
Looks quite complete in the screenshots.

Anyway keep up the good work. :)

Cheers

ETR is always hard to say for us because it is just a freetime project without any consistency of work we put into it. There's mainly only the Sapphron City background left... which is actually really a bitch because of all the buildings in it...

OP
Pietschie

Pietschie

Thats all thats left? I think I can find a texture for you

No, thanks for wanting to help but we don't need any help with this.
Bad Randolph and me are doing the textures ourself. Especially the backgrounds are drawn from scratch, nothing randomly googled here.
Besides the background there are still some smaller textures left here and there, but those will be done very soon.

cerebus5

O man can't wait. Sounds like it's on the verge of completion.

Do you have any idea what size the final download will be?