What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Pietschie & Bad Randolphs Super Smash Bros. HD

We have now over 2660 textures in our folder =)
The bigger tasks left to are the backgrounds of Peach's Castle and Sapphron City. Except for those there is not so much left to do though I'll probably devote myself to the character icons or the bonus stages.

gitech

N64 Artist
2660 Textures! Nice! It's a lot more work to make a finished retexture pack than it seems at first isn't it?! :)

GREAT JOB BTW!!! ;) I'm looking forward to it!

_yo_wasup_

I got a few easy questions for anyone that wants to. (some can probably only be answered by Bad Randolph or Pietschie).

1. This will for sure work under Project 64 1.6, right? (Because I noticed there is no High Res textures forum for any other n64 emulator than 1964, and haven't used 1964 before. <--*this is my most newb question I've ever asked I believe*)

2. Did you fix the bent tube in the Mushroom Kingdom?

I might ask a few more later on.

I actually searched for an answer, but it's literally hard to find stuff if you aren't completely active and view all the threads, because search results are very misleading. Great job though guys. Keep it up.

Last edited:
OP
Pietschie

Pietschie

Always feel free to ask your questions :)

1. It will! Because Project 64 can work with exactly the same videoplugins, rice video for example. I personally prefer 1964 because I have less problems using it. Project 64 freezes sometimes or just shuts itself down. I never experienced those problems with 1964.

2. It's not a problem with the textures, it's a problem with the videoplugin. Rice video sometimes distorts some of the ingame objects. I use rice, thats why the bent tube is distorted in our screenshot. The Glide64 videoplugin doesn't have this problem, it always shows the objects right. But dispite from the distortion rice works better for me.

Last edited:

X-Fi6

On ATI cards, generally Glide64 performs better than Rice. This is what I've noticed with many different ATI cards.

_yo_wasup_

Might I just ask what the hype is about in Project 64 1.7? What is different in it anyway? A new Rice plugin that does what differently? that and new cheats, is that it?

cerebus5

I've got PJ64 1.7 and I kind of prefer 1964. I don't know why but it just gives me less hassle with plugins and game saves.

The character icons are finished and the two backgrounds are both making progress. I think I'll have finished the one for Peach's Castle in a few days. But I can't guarantee because I'll write two important examen next week which have a higher priority...

_yo_wasup_

The character icons are finished and the two backgrounds are both making progress. I think I'll have finished the one for Peach's Castle in a few days. But I can't guarantee because I'll write two important examen next week which have a higher priority...

*starts to drool*

X-Fi6

1964 is pretty much obsolete. Generally, you should use either Project64 1.6, 1.7 if you paid for it and received it directly from Project64's site, Mupen64, Mupen64Plus if you are using Linux, or Mupen64 TAS Edition.

Hey guys,
Unfortunately I haven't been working on the two backgrounds this week... but I've done some other textures. And since you have waited so patiently I'll just show you some screenshots ;).
nessbc1.jpg

dkyk3.jpg

jigglynr0.jpg

1pwh4.jpg

X-Fi6

Suggestion: could you make Captain Falcon's suit "pop" more? Make the texture look more 3d, rather than anti-aliased/smooth/cel-shaded? It's rather flat right now, so if you could bevel the different areas of the suit / add drop shadows / make the saturation more dramatic in different areas, it would make wonders of a difference. :D Thanks.