What's new

Patching your non bootable or VGA games

jareg

Just A Guy
Everywon how hase this IoControl error i found a much easier way to fix
Just use Deamon Tools 3.29 enable all the emulation options and it works
Worked for Soul Calibur and Skies Of Arcadia :bouncy:

Glitcher

I tried that, jaregs, but it didn't work. I still get the ioControl error. However, something's different now - when I mount the image with the emulation options activated after the bios have loaded, Chankast gives me a message saying "Please wait while this disc is being checked". At least it's recognising the mounted image as a game. It's a change, but I don't know if it's for the better. Any other ideas how to beat the ioControl error?

nightridrzx2

Finally got it to work! im happy to have a backup of soul calibur now because my original copy has a lotta scratches on the cd and it could be on life support soon! I used imginfo.exe and patch was sucessful!! burned image to a cd and works both in Chanka and the dreamcast system.. however in Chanka i'm having some graphic problems... only using a Radeon 7500 so 2-d stuff doesn't work well at all, but the 3-d stuff is absolutely beautiful! kinda slow too even with my 2.08 GHZ Athlon XP processor... really wish it would work with the virtual drive... hopefully the IOcontrol error doesnt become an issue in future releases.. great job Chanka and those who have made programs in their free time to help others out... here are a few pics :)

rcgamer

the old guy
if it works now with your backup cd, make a image of the cd and it should now work with virtual drive.

Glitcher

I'm a little confused. I'm using the emulation options in Virtual Daemon Manger, which is an application of the whole Daemon Tools pack, isn't it? If not, I've probably misunderstood something.

Anyway, about the DC Image Info program.... what am I supposed to do with it? What do I need to have checked in the list of options?

jman0311

See

Imageinfo.JPG

JKidd

is soul calibur a self boot?Will this help with booting giant gram if i use daemon 3.29?

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
I just got soul calibur to work. No burning, nothing. Use the app found here -> http://www.intergate.com/~bigjoeroy/imginfo.exe and make sure you check VGA box after you open your ISO/CDI/NRG/whatever. Then, download THIS version of Daemon tools -> http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/download.php?mode=Download&id=27 and install it. After you check VGA in that app, load the game to Daemon's virtual drive and check all the emulation options (like safedisc, etc). No iocontrol errors, and no vga error. It goes right ingame :D

JKidd

So it works awesome ill try that thanx.Also i was wondering if i did this for giant gram 2000 would it work too?

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Nice find posty, works perfectly. :) Here's some shots.. looks wonderful with 8xS FSAA and 8x Anisotropic filtering (but it kills my speed. :p).

:evil:

pierki

I 've patched the game file with imginfo. It looks to be successfuly patched because i dont have now the cable problem. But now i have a prompt ioControl error.
How can i solove this problem ?? pleasssssssssse help me - i love SoulCalibur !!!!

rcgamer

the old guy
either follow posty's advice and use daemon tools 3.29 to mount it and check all the emulation feature boxes, or my way burn the image to cd with whatever application made the image(nrg-nero, cdi-discjuggler, etc) .

pierki

rcgamer said:
either follow posty's advice and use daemon tools 3.29 to mount it and check all the emulation feature boxes, or my way burn the image to cd with whatever application made the image(nrg-nero, cdi-discjuggler, etc) .

I just burn the image file with nero (.nrg) - the game starts but this f u c k i n g IoControl error appears just before the first fight. (Menus are ok).
Please find a solution for this iocontrol error !!!

mezkal

Man on a mission
The iocontrol error as far I can work out (no I didn't write Chankast LOL) happens when your CD can't be read. Though it may also refer to a certain IO Controller function that the game needs and isn't supported yet. I'm not sure. All I know is that I only occasionally get this error on some of my older DC games.

pierki

I try with daemon tools 3.46. -> ioControl error at the beginig
I try with a CDRW -> ioControl error just before the first fight
Is there a problem with the version of daemon tools ?
is it because it's not a CDR (no W) ?

mezkal

Man on a mission
Well Pierki I would recommend you read some mroe of the Sticky threads.....but in short I think Daemon Tool 3.29 is the RECOMMENDED version so far......I wouldn't know I used 3.46 and it worked really well :)