What's new

Patching your non bootable or VGA games

steamover

Yeti & Snake Champion
Well, about soul calibur experiments... i tried a lot some days ago..

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=20647

And the other day, i patched (remade the backup) soul calibur using the FAQs IP, but then happened some strange... appears SEGA logo... and then.. it hangs. Neither the usual cable error nor IO error i got inserting the IP.bin. I made an image of the CD and the same situation. I don't understand it why occurs...the previous times i got IO o cable error..but remaking the iso happens that... no error, only hangs emulator (no crash)

About the tool IP4WIN posted by TheFreeman on other thread, i tried to use it, but when i noticed it requires IP.BIN i didn't continue...because SC doesn't have one. So i haven't tested ip4win for SoulCalibur. Although I opened the faqs ip.bin, and it seems ok.

steamover

Yeti & Snake Champion
i followed echelon tutorial about how to make your backups selfbootable.
There're some utils like ipinsert that inserts the IP.bin, but i didn't get anything new.. only remaking the iso i got the 'new' result.

TheFreeman

Guardian of Destiny
steamover said:
i followed echelon tutorial about how to make your backups selfbootable.
There're some utils like ipinsert that inserts the IP.bin, but i didn't get anything new.. only remaking the iso i got the 'new' result.

I guess I'll wait till next release, which will feature selectable VGA option

Fina

Well, I tried patching Skies of Arcadia with the ip.bin available in the compatibility topic, and had no luck. I still get the AV error. I find that strange since SoA works fine on both VGA boxes I've owned, as well as the standard AV connector.

jessman1988

Banned
This piece of crap won't work. My Alcohol 120% won't make bin images, and the dci program DOESN'T do anything. I opened up a prompt and started dci, but it just STAYS THERE! What the hell do I do? I have Soul Calibur titled Soul_Calibur.nrg..................sooooooo, how the hell to I get an IP.BIN to work with it? What do I do after I open the dci program? I don't understand! CRAP!

mr_ding

Ex0skelet0r said:
if you want to make the cdi into nrg use this program:

When trying cdi2nero.exe on (Soul Calibur.cdi) to (soul calibur.nrg),
I got error: unsupported image version

Any idea?

Last edited:

mr_ding

Never mind, the attached (cdi2nero.exe) is too old. Search on google and find a newer one (v0.9.9) and it works. :)

bigjoeroy

I wrote this tool a long time ago which is very useful for enabling VGA in Dreamcast game images. Basically it displays and lets you modify the IP.BIN information from game images (cdi,nrg,iso,bin...) in a graphical form similar to IPBIN4WIN. Give it a try, hopefully it should make this process a lot easier.

www.intergate.com/~bigjoeroy/imginfo.exe

jdsony

Does replacing the ip.bin to bypass the AV cable error message cause incompatibilities with using the game on a real Dreamcast?

Waan2k

Emutalk Lover :)
ok what I did cause I'm dieing to get my backup of Giant Gram 2000 going.

I did that IPBIN4WIN tool thing and tick everything.

then I inserted it into the image with that dci only it does not insert lol.

what I did was copyed all of Giant gram files from image to computer, then I put the new ip.bin in the folder to replace the old one.

I Use that Cdr win program to make iso and it still does not boot, I get a audio cd thing.

plz can someone tell me what program to use to make dreamcast images from files?

thx :)

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
bigjoeroy said:
I wrote this tool a long time ago which is very useful for enabling VGA in Dreamcast game images. Basically it displays and lets you modify the IP.BIN information from game images (cdi,nrg,iso,bin...) in a graphical form similar to IPBIN4WIN. Give it a try, hopefully it should make this process a lot easier.

www.intergate.com/~bigjoeroy/imginfo.exe

This tool does work .... i was surprised. in skies of arcadia (echelon version i get to the end of the echelon intro and it freezes. before using this tool it wouldnt boot. i recommend some of you give this a try. for the av cable error on games.

Glitcher

XBOX said:
Download this tool , input the detail and press star.
http://gamenews.free.fr/telechargements/ipbin4win.zip
Snap8.jpg

It doesn't work! I'm trying to use it to patch my non-boot MVC2 bin, and I get a message saying "Invalid file size" when I click on Patch. Furthermore, how the hell did you type "70B8" in the media ID bar? It won't allow me to type any letters in there. :huh:

mezkal

Man on a mission
Mods please close this and any other threads like it. For everyone else : The original info given out on these forums was to be able to allow HOMEBREWED apps to boot and load in Chankast, not for piracy information. If you are not capable of searching the forums and/or applying the information contained within AND your don't know an A/V cable is then just wait for a newer release - it'll prolly be easier to use :)

Cheers,

Mezkal