What's new

Patching your non bootable or VGA games

botijoman

Bacardi Lover
blasted CDI...

Hmmm, I've tried and tried but I've been most unsuccesful, so I ask you:
I have Skies of Arcadia in a CDI self-bootable image (it gives me the wrong cable error when I try to emulate it). Now, the problem is that I want to change de ip.bin file (which I can't find in the image) and patching it as it said in the first post of this thread. But the problem is... how in the world do I turn a CDI image into a bin, iso or nrg image without burning it into a CD? Is there a way? I've tried to mount it and make an image of it with alcohol, but it only allows me to make ccd or mds image.

Is there a way of doing this? thanks.

See ya.

ScOr_311

The Force be with you!!!
i just want add the ip.bin in soul calibur,
my iso (.nrg) is selboot and i have not cd writer,
the different tool i have test not work, can i make that with nero, alcohol,...
it' s just add a small file (32ko) in the iso but when i test my iso lost the selboot. Please HELP!!!
If it' s continue i brake my pc :term:

jareg

Just A Guy
XBOX said:
yes theres is a tool to update nrg image, it lets you insert ip.bin in nrg image.

Edited/ still finding out if that site is allowable... I have thus just attached that file for now

only for nero image

How this thing works i pressed enter on the dci.exe but nothing happens :plain:

OP
XBOX

XBOX

CHANKA CONTRIBUTOR
jaregs said:
How this thing works i pressed enter on the dci.exe but nothing happens :plain:

clicking on it wont do nothing
its a command line tool, you must open a dos box to work with it.
start-run : type CMD- you get a dos box go oto the directory of teh program and excute it.

you should see this

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\zin\SSF2X\dci>C:\zin\SSF2X\dci\dci.exe
DCi 1.1 - Dreamcast CD image tool by Jules
Usage: dci <bootdata> <cd image>
Inserts <bootdata> (ip.bin) into a cd image.
<cd image> extension sets image format. *.nrg for nero & *.iso for iso9660.
Example: dci ip.bin demo.nrg
C:\zin\SSF2X\dci>

jareg

Just A Guy
I Have noticed that non of my games have Ip.bin they have only the 1ST_READ.bin thats all :plain:
This is just getting whey over my head :huh:

OP
XBOX

XBOX

CHANKA CONTRIBUTOR
jaregs said:
I Have noticed that non of my games have Ip.bin they have only the 1ST_READ.bin thats all :plain:
This is just getting whey over my head :huh:

use any IP.BIN you can find, just patch it correctly.

jareg

Just A Guy
Ouu thanks
But isint there any easyer way to get that Patched Ip.bin to the Image file :whistling

Last edited:

botijoman

Bacardi Lover
same here...

cooliscool said:
Hmm.. It says it successfully patched my soul.nrg file, but when I mount it there's no ip.bin. :yucky:

Same with Skies of Arcadia: the nrg image (thanks Ex0skelet0r) doesn't have an ip.bin file; I use de dci program to patch it, it says that the patching was succesful but the image doesn't have the ip.bin in it. Oh, and of course the game doesn't run.

Anyway, what is this ip.bin file for exactly? I think that none of the images i run with Chankast have it.

See ya.

jareg

Just A Guy
I think in the next version maybe vga games will boot aswell :whistling
So lets just wait and see shall we :p

sham

alternatively to patch self boot games (removed link - it has dodgy content) has a tutorial on how to use hex editor on a CDI image to make it VGA enabled.Very easy to do, I got MK Gold to start without the "av cable error", only to realize it crashes the emulator anyway

Last edited by a moderator:

jareg

Just A Guy
Damn is there a hex editor with i can open big files like 700-800Mb :plain:
Or do i need over 1 giga memory :yucky:

sham

well i used XVI32, and you can also use HEdit by Yuri Software, but I have 1 GB RAM, so maybe thats why it worked

jareg

Just A Guy
Thanks i managed to Hex string the Soul Calibur but now it gives me a IoControl Error
Oh well

botijoman

Bacardi Lover
sham said:
alternatively to patch self boot games xxxxxxxxxxxx has a tutorial on how to use hex editor on a CDI image to make it VGA enabled.Very easy to do, I got MK Gold to start without the "av cable error", only to realize it crashes the emulator anyway

Ehmmm... could you please post the link to that tutorial? :whistling , I can't find it (I'm not very familiar with that web-site).

See ya.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
XBOX

XBOX

CHANKA CONTRIBUTOR
botijoman said:
Ehmmm... could you please post the link to that tutorial? :whistling , I can't find it (I'm not very familiar with that web-site).

See ya.

dont post link here, moderator will ban you.

go to console section and choose dreamcast

botijoman

Bacardi Lover
XBOX said:
dont post link here, moderator will ban you.

go to console section and choose dreamcast

Ouch! Sorry, I didn't know it was that serious. Call me useless little freak, but I haven't been able to find it anyway :blush: ... Well, let's wait for the next release.

See ya.

TheFreeman

Guardian of Destiny
Jareg= does your Soul Calibur has an ip.bin image inside it?

And, in order to make it work, you can do either of these two:

1) Burn the image with alcohol 120%, in RAW DAO method, at lowest speed. Then try it :p

2) Mount the image in your virtual drive, and then open alcohol 120%, and make another image of that virtual drive (computer thinks you have a CD inserted in your drive). Then try the image made, it will work in most cases :p