What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Oh no! Not another Mario 64 project!!!

Shin_Gouki

Well this is really nice work!
Glad u decided to continue! Its worth for us all!
Thank u!

nice work so far keep up the good work!!

Last edited:
OP
mode7

mode7

Cool Cool Mountain is done.
I could release it maybe on Sunday.
Also did a Skybox but it tiles not poperly, which is strange cause I 100% painted it over the original. But the game seems to clip about 10% on the edges.

Anybody any Idea how to solve this?

gitech

N64 Artist
I do a test with multi-color lines to find the "true border" or "true tiling edge". A different color for each true border I am trying to identify. I also make individual layers for each color so each can be moved or changed without effecting the other layers. When the true border is found you can then use Free Transform, Warp, Liquefy and other fine tuning of the texture layer to conform to the "true border" you identified.

You can also paste the other tiles that would border that texture in game into PS. That way you can line them up for fine tuning of tiling issues in PS saving you the # if times you have to check them in game.

Hope this helps and THANK YOU for the textures. They look great! :cyclops:

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
This looks really good, I'm downloading it now.

As a side note... RapidShare kinda sucks, please find something better If you can.

Driscol

annoying you for over a year!
a checker test is where you replace the texture with a black and white checker, so you can see how it distorts the texture.

OP
mode7

mode7

Yeah thanks a lot I'll try this out when I get back from vacation!
Sounds like a lot of work though :(
I think I'll concentrate on the levels first before doing anything with the skys or the hud.

no new update until in a week - sorry but there are still a few bits missing in cool cool mountain

Some WIP

OP
mode7

mode7

Managed to fix the skybox problem - still a bit glitchy but I know how to fix it - it is not final. I'd like to add another shading layer if it doesn't take to much time...I'll see

OP
mode7

mode7

Well, I actually resized one texture in photoshop, made a action and batched the others - loaded the game took a look and did it again with diferent parameters until it fit.
The trick was to put the texture in the upper left corner and resize it to about 97% of its size.
The original N64 texture coordinates might be specific enough for the original textures but they are to vague for the high rez ones.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
If any mods are listening:
Could somebody rename this thread to "Mode7's Cartoon Mario 64"
I don't tink the old title does fit anymore.
I really wonder, what's wrong with the staff lately.
This was posted nearly a month back and nobody did anything for you.
Same applies to the bot attacks (I do report nearly every day 1-3 p0rn bots) and other (server) problems!
Martin, Clement, etc... what's up, guys?

OP
mode7

mode7

WIP: Jolly Roger Bay

As you can see a continue to move away from the black lines...although I don't know exactly if this is a good thing...

Another thing: Which version of rice supports textures bigger than 4x the original size? cause I think this would be needed here.

Datadayne

WIP: Jolly Roger Bay

As you can see a continue to move away from the black lines...although I don't know exactly if this is a good thing...

Another thing: Which version of rice supports textures bigger than 4x the original size? cause I think this would be needed here.

looking great. I myself had quality problems retexturing the background of jolly roger. You probably need to up the res x8 or x16. You need mudlords latest rice plugin.

gitech

N64 Artist
Yes, that does look good! What size is the texture now? (#x#) I know this texture is very small for a background and requires a big upsize to look good. I came across it when I was compiling my own Mario 64 pack.

(I just took a bunch of downloads since there was no complete pack last year and put a "complete" pack together for myself with about 10 of my own textures I did in MS Paint. LOL. That was my first experience with retexturing.)

OP
mode7

mode7

Of course you can!
Jolly Roger Bay has not that many textures. So expect it to be finished this week.
University has started over again, so progress is sloooooow.
After JRB I'll be doing the Bowser Level, The castle ride, and the red cap palace before I doo the skyboxes.
This will be released as the Mario64 Groundlevel Pack.
After that I'll take a little creative break to work on something else - but not for two years this time ;)