What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Oh no! Not another Mario 64 project!!!

OP
mode7

mode7

Whomp's Fortress is almost done - sime minor Textures still coming up:
supermario6492gy5.jpg

OP
mode7

mode7

Thanks a lot guys! I'll release an update later today...

If any mods are listening:
Could somebody rename this thread to "Mode7's Cartoon Mario 64"
I don't tink the old title does fit anymore..

OP
mode7

mode7

Updated the first post:
Update (Mar. 18nd 08)

Whomps's Fortress is done now (except the Skybox). Check it out!

Click here to Download(900 kb)

And some screens:

I now could need some help:
I'd love to do the skyboxes, but I don't really have time to do the puzzle work. Is there somebody who already has done a skybox and would like to contribute his .psd or is willing to do the puzzle work for me. You will be credited and be sure to recieve my gratitude in it's full power ;)

Until then I'll be doing "Cool Cool Mountain"

OP
mode7

mode7

A little WIP:

Some feedback would be nice, since I dont't think the ground texture fits in. But the ice texture really seems to work:

death--droid

Looks very good

Besides the Ground texture looks out of place and the side of that cliff and the woot texture and the fence texture

It need more of a snowy look

Last edited:

Elite Knight

Nintedo Fan Mad
Besides the Ground texture looks out of place and the side of that cliff and the woot texture and the fence texture

It need more of a snowy look

I kind agree it looks ok but the rest is looking spot on nice work keep it up

OP
mode7

mode7

I'm going to completely redo the ground texture - it was from one of my other projects anyway.
Progress is slow but steady atm - have some work for university which I'm going to finish today so hopefully it will speed up again.
Tried something new with the rock texture, so what do you think?:

@MuhMuh: Hey schön noch nen Bayern hier zu haben. Wo biste her? Ich komm aus Nürnberg.

OP
mode7

mode7

Yeah that was my intention, because I thought Snow alone is not that slipery.
I used a snow texture for the ground though.
Small update:

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
Your snow texture is . . .so . . wonderfull ^^

If you let me us this texture in my pack (remake by me with your texture ) , i will be so . . I don't find the word. . .

OP
mode7

mode7

Djipi, I had so much fun playing your OoT pack, you can have anything you like!
It's a pretty simple texture anyway, took me about 10min. Although I have to admint it looks better than I thought.

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
Thanks really ^^ , i will make your texture more beautiful you will see ^^. Thanks man. But can you send me this texture in PM please^^?

OP
mode7

mode7

Did some font work:

As you can see I recreated the original font, it's not that beautiful but I want the game to still look like Mario 64.

@Djipi: Sent it to you!

Last edited: