What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Oh no! Not another Mario 64 project!!!

Darklord89

omg wow!! That style that your using is superb :D The work so far is looking amazing, the trees expecially~! Keep it up ;)

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Im Bored said:
I love the trees man! awesome. Love it.

Concerning hill colour; yeah, thats possible, and can be hacked and changed. Itd take a while (like, probably an hour for me to find the adresses and then ive still gotta patch the game) but er, let me know the RRGGBB value you want the hills to be and I can try and do it for you.

Just use Rice's debugger plugin, load up the castle area, and set it to break on next "set prim color". The address of the DL should be shown.. go to that address in Nemu's memory editor and set a READ breakpoint on it. You should come across the value as it's modified by the CC.

Last edited:
OP
mode7

mode7

Thank you cooliscool, but this doesn't seem to work (maybe i'm just to dumb for it). It doesn't brake on "Set Prim Color" since i don't think there is a "set prim color" called. Could it be another function or do i just have to turn something on?

Progress:
Going for Bob-Ombs Hill, it's actually going faster than I thought. Just a few textures here!
Here is an early WIP, tell me what you think especially of the rocks, cause I'm not sure if they fit.

mode7 said:
Progress:
Going for Bob-Ombs Hill, it's actually going faster than I thought. Just a few textures here!
Here is an early WIP, tell me what you think especially of the rocks, cause I'm not sure if they fit.

The stone path looks great:bouncy: the dirt could need some work though..

Vandalerious

I really like your textures, bro. Love it! Great job!

// EDIT //

You gonna retexture the HUD icons? That'd be a +, bro. Keep it up!

Last edited:
OP
mode7

mode7

Yeah, of course the HUD will be done.
But it's not on top of my priority list (as well as the menu screens)

Bob-ombs hill is almost finished. I'm not that happy with all textures although I decided that I like the dirt - if think it's quite hard do add detail where not much detail was in the original. The original dirt texture was crap, so I did my own interpretation.

OP
mode7

mode7

Believe it or not, but I'm going to update this after almost two years.
I read the "ALL Texture Projects for all Games" Thread and saw that my first release didn't had a mirror. So I went deep into my HD to see if I had still a copy of these textures - I did. I took a look and thought that some of them were quite good - especially the ones from Bob-Ombs Mountain which I almost entirely finished but never released (don't ask my why). So I decided to finish it and it was quite fun

I'm going to release it tomorrow and rerelease the castle pack.
I'm definately going for the 2nd level (forgot it's english name atm) perhaps even all in the first castle room.

A little Preview

Edit: Sorry to NintenDS and 4real for not answering their PMs ..a long time ago.
I would like to explain but i can't really remember....:(

Last edited by a moderator:

Surkow

You shouldn't worry about that mode7. ;)

I'm sure everyone is happy you are still updating this project. Keep up the good work.

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
I'd remove the visible outlines, as the characters have no outlines, and some of the textures dont, and it looks messy using a mixture of outlined and non outlined textures...

OP
mode7

mode7

I'd remove the visible outlines, as the characters have no outlines, and some of the textures dont, and it looks messy using a mixture of outlined and non outlined textures...

Do you mean the ground texture or the sprites?
I think the visible outlines on the ground work pretty well (Though there are some where they dont), I use outlines when i want a element stick out of the background to create a bit more depth (how do you write this?).
But there is an inconsistency with these textures, you are right - Thats because some of them were created almost two years ago and my skills have evolved a bit. But I'm not planning redoing the hundreds of old textures though ;)

Just one example where it works before i get back to work:

Last edited by a moderator: