What's new

N64 Glide Plugin. part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

Dave2001 said:
Well, I'm connected to my brother through a LAN, but I'm not sure how to do that kind of debugging in VC++ 6.0 (if possible even)

I believe it's an option you set on installation. I think you can set it up with the IDE you run a 'remote' program on the target machine and the machine you are running the IDE on 'gets' control through that. I know borland supported it with BC++5.0 and I just haven't figured out how to get it to work with my little PC104 board :)

Cyb

gokuss4

Meh...
does the triforce need to be more shiny? i think so at least i wanna see if the people think it should cause i remember the triforce being mroe shiny lookin.

Dave2001

BAH!!! I was hoping to get fog working before the next release but I think that's impossible. I need a glide expert!

:eek: :( :cry: :sleepy: :plain2:

gokuss4

Meh...
yeah i know, dave said it has to do with spherical mapping, i think thats what he said, because mario 64 has that problem a little right now with the starts and i think metal mario, haven't checked it out for metal yet, but i believe its a little messed up. spherical mapping should fix zelda a lot, he has it in there but i think there is an error in the spherical mapping coding or whatever ???

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
Dave2001 said:
BAH!!! I was hoping to get fog working before the next release but I think that's impossible. I need a glide expert!

:eek: :( :cry: :sleepy: :plain2:

Maybe you could try talking to Lewpy.. He has extensive experience in glide.. :) Check at www.ngemu.com for his email..

Remote

Yes, there are four or more when there should only be one...:p It's probaly some cheap way of doing motion blurring and with Dave's current pace, constant pace?, I don't think that there is any reason to giving it much though because the next time you look at it it will be fixed, best case scenario that is.

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

Dave2001 said:
Another good example of how the fogging is working (example for questions being asked)

It looks to me that it's using 'volume' foging. IE sections/blocks that are fog. Now what GLIDE does to acomodate that I don't know however it may use the 'fog' setting different in sections for viewing.. what is that image supposed to look like?

Cyb

Dave2001

no, it's trying to use linear fogging, but it isn't turning out too well. Someone on another forum informed me that it's because of the way the w-buffer is exponential, linear fogging won't work. I may have to fake it somehow with exponential fogging; exponential fogging does work.

Dave2001

Well, that's the glide programming manual for Glide2x. 2x and 3x are very similar, so it would be helpful, but I did not find any new information not covered in the 3x manual. Thanks for trying though. I think the solution may be to attempt to use an exponential fog table. I ran a test with it and it ran somewhat well. It doesn't like a linear table b/c of the exponential z-values that are in the fog table.

Status
Not open for further replies.