What's new

N64 Glide Plugin. part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teamz

J'aime tes seins
The Khan Artist said:
OK, let's see here... Transluceny fixed, many more games running, lighting probs fixed, runs with 1964... I think this next release should be version 1.0! :D What about everyone else?

blah .. it doesnt change much if its version .6 or 1.0 , it will have the same improvements .. and I thought that he wanted version 1.0 to be "perfect"

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Yeah, well, it will never be absolutely perfect, therefore it will never reach 1.0...

Don't think I'm ungrateful or anything, but would it be possible to add camera moving, like in UltraHLE/UltraHLP? Only with the mouse, instead of the numpad.

Dave2001

Don't think I'm ungrateful or anything, but would it be possible to add camera moving, like in UltraHLE/UltraHLP? Only with the mouse, instead of the numpad.

I think I've had enough matrix problems already ;)

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

Reznor007 said:
I never got the point of that feature anyway...

Because it was fun to change perspectives in games too look around. One game in particular I would LOVE that in is FF10 damn it! :)

Cyb

Quvack

The Khan Artist said:
Oooooohhh, yeah! Sweeeeet!!! Have you tried 1964 0.8.0?

ok I'll put it this way... In PJ64 it runs really well speed wise... in 1964 0.8.0 its faster ;)

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
hope your working on getting the red shite that crawled on everything in the last beta out:

BTW as you can see the FPS counter can't be seen in 320X240 res.

Remote

No I think he should continue his current method of version revision, when he feels it is complete he should label it as 1.00.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Ah, I thought about your version system. This is generally what I like:

XX.YY.ZZ

XX = Major change (ie, entire code changes, entire gui rewritten)
YY = Minor change (ie, few functions added)
ZZ = Very Minor change (ie, small bug fixes)

By that, I think the next release would be 1.0.0 or 1.0
But it's up to you after all.

Keep up the good work, Dave.

gokuss4

Meh...
the red thing is a combine mode not implemented (i think). when version 0.05 comes out it'll look good. it should anyway :) im not sure.

Dave2001

Yes, it is a big red flag telling me that the combine is unimplemented. It is currently on many things since I recently redid the combiner (sometime last week I believe). In the release version the red won't be there because first of all, I will implement many more combiners, and secondly, I will probably tell it to just use the previous combine instead of making it red. (I already have a #define BRIGHT_RED that can be commented to do this)

btw, I think I will make this version 0.1, it's much much farther than 0.04, so I think 0.5 would really be off-scale.

Don't ask for release dates yet, I still have a few more things I want to do to it. (right now I'm expanding the configuration dialog) Also, we are going to have a testing period that will allow Ogy to update his compatibility list and me to write the necessary documentation/site updates/whatever.

btw, don't ask to be a tester either. it's a testing period between the people working on it, not the public.

Last edited:

Dave2001

btw, I meant 1.0 more like my original goal rather than perfection. It can go to 1.0 and past 1.0, but 1.0 means 'very good'.

Ah, I thought about your version system. This is generally what I like:

XX.YY.ZZ

well, I can't stand to have anything as 1.anything until I've reached my goal, 0.something sounds more like what it is now: incomplete. The only problem in my numbering system is that version numbers aren't really defined; I just make up some number that sounds like an accurate percentage that I have progressed ;) . Then again, who cares what version number it is anyway, as long as they can tell the two apart? ;)

Gideon007

I think the versioning you are doing now is quite fine. starting now with 0.1, if you release a quick update, you can go to 0.1x
the next major version can be 0.2... and if you think you progressed very far you can jump to 0.8 or 0.9 (0.9 being beta versions, befor alpha).

flow``

flow``
do it however you want.. i see no reason not to continue your current method no matter how drastic the change.. thats usually what the "whatsnew.txt" or "changes.txt" is for if people take the time to see what you've done since the last version

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

Dave2001 said:
btw, I meant 1.0 more like my original goal rather than perfection. It can go to 1.0 and past 1.0, but 1.0 means 'very good'.

well, I can't stand to have anything as 1.anything until I've reached my goal, 0.something sounds more like what it is now: incomplete. The only problem in my numbering system is that version numbers aren't really defined; I just make up some number that sounds like an accurate percentage that I have progressed ;) . Then again, who cares what version number it is anyway, as long as they can tell the two apart? ;)
Too Vascilate or not to vascilate that is the question.. or is it?

Well how about just sticking with what you've been doing and worry about the rest later.
I was merely indicating how I used revision numbers.
I go by percentage change in code also IE new code versus old code. The build number is exactly that by the way.. everythime you do a compile the build number is supposed to increase. That's why you see 'build 2024' on the Windows crud. I'm not sure which component that's for to be honest since in reality windows is supposed to be modular (grin).
The build number resets when you change your version (no matter how minor).

Cyb

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Hey, Dave, do you have a copy of VC++ 7/.NET yet? If not, I'd gladly donate 5 or 10 bucks towards that cause... I've heard some amazing tales about have much faster it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.