What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

My "Super Mario 64" Hi-Res Texture Project

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
I wonder if anyone has ever considered making a auto-installer for these texture packs, for people who don't know how to set it up.

Just a thought.......

Fantasy4ever222

I have a thoght too...If you could...Why not change mario also...Make him look like the way he looks in super mario sunshine without the flood...

OP
Jale

Jale

N00bis Hi-Res Texture Maker
Sorry, I just work with textures, not with models.

And Zion, I can do that, but only for Project64 default directory.

About the project, it's going slow for now due to college and assignments. No progress made these days, but it doesn't mean the project is dead :)

Last edited:
Man thats pretty impressive, I'm tempted to do a lot of side by side shots when I get chance just to show how impressive this work really does look.

niuus

Avid gamer & multimedia fan
Jale said:
Sorry, I just work with textures, not with models.

And Zion, I can do that, but only for Project64 default directory.

About the project, it's going slow for now due to college and assignments. No progress made these days, but it doesn't mean the project is dead :)

I'm looking forward to this project.

camber

keep on this good work. the real trees looks nice. i think it´s a good way away from the cartoony look.

looking forward for this

Morkai

fantastic work

...can't wait to play the first level :drool:

in post #31 i miss the trees from post #9. Why? i love them and hope to see them in the final pack.

keep on your good work

Morkai

Terranigma

Mojo Man!!! said:
This is the best that I can make Mario look.

Did you do something to his eyes? It's looks kind of funny. I think the main problem is that they're too close together. When I learned to draw, I was told to keep the distance roughly an eye's length apart. What that means is that if you make a 3 eyed Mario, there would be enough distance between the left and the right eye to fit one more in the middle.

Damn, world one looks amazing! When will you release a demo for us to try out?

HiReZ92

I was very interested in changing the water textures in the outside of the castle but I'm having trouble finding it in the texture dumps because all the textures look alike. Does anyone know the dump names for the textures. Also great job on the realistic textures, Jale. This is what they should be doing with the Wii in terms of retro N64 games, improving the textures.

And the other thing is, how do you change Mario's textures and appearence?
I saw it on on the previous pages and just wanted to know how.

VampLordAlucard

Hellsing's Finest
I know you said you dont do sprites, but cant you or someone change mario a little bit? At least round the edges to make it not look so 64ish, and add a little detail to the face and body and darken the colors to look a bit less cartonny in this realistic world. Cartoon mario + real world = wtf?

Also, how do you do mods like this??