What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

My "Super Mario 64" Hi-Res Texture Project

OP
Jale

Jale

N00bis Hi-Res Texture Maker
Uh huh. I'm trying to give it a less cartoony effect.

pheonix connex

i love you, jale.

anywho, this is great. i hope i'm able to download all this when i'm done.

EDIT: errr.... i mean when you are done. hehe

OP
Jale

Jale

It'll be done in the next months. An estimated release date could be between august and october because I don't know for sure how many textures are there in the game. I'm trying my best to keep this project alive.

OP
Jale

Jale

Today's progress:
  • Outdoors (castle) completed, except for the mountain surrounding it.
  • Main menu completed.
  • A small part of the castle indoors completed (carpet and walls).
  • Numbers from 0 to 9 retextured.
  • Some letters retextured.

OP
Jale

Jale

Thanks again. I'm making my best to complete this project 100% (or at least 95% of it).

Since I'll be sharing my project with other Super Mario 64 projects, I'm planing to release a Complete Texture Pack (you will be credited too), which consist in 3 subpacks:
  • World Texture Pack.
  • Characters Texture Pack.
  • Sprites Texture Pack.
All of this for the final release there in October.

By the way, these are the changes done so far today:
  • World 1 (Bomb-Omb Battlefield) almost complete (around 80% of completion).
  • 1UP mushroom has been given a classic SNES look.

psychodan

My 10 Cents...

I respect and admire that someones going for a more realistic for style. Personally, I'm ticked that nintendo didnt take the direction SmashBros did when gamecube first came out and i'll remain ticked probly til the end of time for this same reason.

about the water texture, it's easily found on google, type in "water texture"
and it's sure to pop up. Rockstar is actually quite known about, at least in the GTA Modding community, for using this or similar methods for thier textures. on the GTA Forums, there was a rather large discussion about some building textures and grass textures from San Andreas that had been found on Google when Vice City was new.

On another note, I swear i recognized a couple SSBM textures in there myself [mojo's] XD

I think this is a cool project, and though I really dont make use of highres textures, Ill check around for screenshots...

Last edited:
OP
Jale

Jale

This is how Bomb-Omb Battlefield looking is looking after a good retexturization. Like I said above, about 80% of this level has been retexturized.

course10ud.jpg

Still need to change the bridge, trees and boxes.

Fantasy4ever222

Please help I dont understand the Tutorials or anything :( I follow the instruction of the Plugins folder and stuff and it doesnt work..

OP
Jale

Jale

Easy enough. First get the pack (I put my first release somewhere) then get Rice's Video Plugin. Once Rice is installed unzip the pack with the SUPER MARIO 64 folder inside the hires_textures folder, then go to the plugin's config, click the Texture Filters tab and check if "Load Hi-Res textures if available" option is enabled.

Fantasy4ever222

Oops I posted it when The Pngs loaded but it doesnt show sorry for like qudrople posting but Its still doesnt show...It only shown for like 2-3 seconds