What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

MuhMuh's Hi-Res Majoras Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
MuhMuh

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
V-King said:
Erm...call me stupid but can't you just dump these letters them from exactly THIS naming screen? ;)

(Sprich: Kannst du die Textur nicht aus diesem Namenseingabescreen dumpen?)
I did this, but i don't know how to type in the letters i marked red.

@Fed Of course you can. :p
@Toast Siege I'm shure about it, i love it. xD

Toast Siege

EmuTalk Memberr
Hey, I was just playing through the game again, and I thought that these scenes (see attach) could use a little jazzing up.
I, uh, made a few changes... Constructive criticism is welcome (from anyone), but I'm really hoping to include these as is in the final release. Thanks.

(Sorry for the low resolution shots.)

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Toast Siege said:
Hey, I was just playing through the game again, and I thought that these scenes (see attach) could use a little jazzing up.
I, uh, made a few changes... Constructive criticism is welcome (from anyone), but I'm really hoping to include these as is in the final release. Thanks.

(Sorry for the low resolution shots.)

Haha!!! Nothing worth a final pack, but funy pictures to say the least...HAHA!! Very funny Toast.

Toast Siege

EmuTalk Memberr
Hah, well, it's two days later and no one still seems to notice this thread... MuhMuh, I guess we should get with the releasing of our first pack soon. Until then, though, I'll just post these before and after shots of... well, one scene. (it's substancial though, I promise! More later.)

While this shot is quite recent, there has been additional work on the HUD since this point, and of course, I'm continuing to improve things in concentrated places (for now I'm focusing on the subscreen and the HUD), and I do believe MuhMuh is "finished" with Clock Town. If anyone notices little things like our textures not matching each other, it's likely because it's extemely difficult to contact one another, and we are forced to do almost everything by either e-mail or PMs (damn time zones)... Hopefully this will soon change, but at the moment it is certainly complicating things.

One thing I'd like to add is that we are both entirely serious about this project, lame jokes notwithstanding. The last post I made was from a test, in other words, yes those are real textures, and no I of course do not plan on including them in any of our releases.

So, on to the pictures...
What to look for in the after shot:
rupee; heart meter; sad deku eyes; context button; c-items number font; the items at c-left and c-right; magic meter (that was a test, will definately change); certain parts of the onscreen clock

Nearly everything you can see here is a work-in-progress, so if you don't like something, say so! ...Or else. (Stangely, the after shot has a lower file size than the before)

ragnor

the clock parts are sexy. One thing about the Deku eyes is that they stand out a bit too much... perhaps some minor softening around the edges, or soemthing like that? They just look a tiny bit TOO stand-outish... perhaps they don't look round enough, or maybe something else... they just seem a little too much like disembodied textures, floating in an abyss of the head. Oh yeah, the c-button stuff looks sweet, man.

ragnor

I'm doing a paper on the Origins and the projected future of the Mario and Zelda Franchises. If anyone who retextures on a regular basis could help me out, email me at [email protected] (crossposting between this and the Mario thread, but... w/e)
it's a spam, but meant in the best of ways. Get your name in a paper, and get my ass out of sling! (need an interview as a source)

OP
MuhMuh

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
@ Toast Siege Everything looks wonderful. xD
But I made some Buttons that look much better ( you can see them in my older screenshots). I made the logo yesterday, but it's still WIP. Next week I'm on vacation in croatia, so i won't be able to do anything then.

OP
MuhMuh

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
There a 2 layers in the game, the mask and the "zelda"writing.
I found the mask in the internet and the "zelda"-thing is scanned from my box...xD

ragnor

I would say the only thing that needs some touchup is the mask... looks a little... meh, I dunno, I just think it could be a little better.

Gladiac0190

ragnor said:
I would say the only thing that needs some touchup is the mask... looks a little... meh, I dunno, I just think it could be a little better.
Nah, it's just perfect :D
Maybe the "Majora's Mask"-Text looks a bit... I don't know what it is... but in fact, it doesn't matter, does it? :D

ragnor

Well, there are minor white borders, as previously mentioned. And the mask, I personally think could be much more hi-rez. As it is, it looks like a 3d model ripped from the game, and the n64 wasn't really pushing the hottest polys. I think there surely must be a better illustration somewhere available for you to add in. The white borders are minor, but I mean, if you want it to be a final, instead of a WIP, those are my suggestions.

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
It doesn't look ANYTHING like a 3d model ripped from the game. You would be able to see the polygons, and the texture would be really blocky. No, this is from the official art of the game, and is no way lo-res.

Status
Not open for further replies.