What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

MuhMuh's Hi-Res Majoras Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragnor

hmm... I think these bushes look good. They look like fern, more, but I think that was the idea with MM.

V-King

Just a dude
MuhMuh said:
Hum... What do you think about these bushes?
I don't like these bushes. They look plain filtered and stuff.

(Übersetzung: Die sehen aus, als obs einfach nur n Filter ist, oder ein einziges Blatt kopiert, eingefügt und in die entsprechenden Richtungen gedreht.)

I agree with Glenbo. Just ask keber if you may use his bush textures :)

Glenbo

Banned
i always thought thta the bushes just dont look right in either of the n64 games...i thought that back in 1998...they look outta place...dunno what the windwakers ones look like cos i never played it(cant wait for a emu that will play it)....but i think kebers are the best bet..not that your are bad...just that the majoras mask ones look bad imho

ragnor

hahaha
yeah, i think this is an irelevancy, really. Since generally the idea is to stick close to the original, you should probably just try to make a sweet version of the original MM version. And Iwould venture to say that this looks much better than the original. Maybe play around with it a little, if you aren't satisfied yet.

OP
MuhMuh

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
I really don't like the bushes of Kerber. And I also dont like the original ones.
So i made new ones. What do you think about these?
On darker ground they look better.

Last edited:

MorpheusEternal

I dunno about you lot, but I've just finished watching a horror movie, and a face like that apeears... I find this picture DEEPLY unsettling!!! LOL!!!

MuhMuh said:
I remade one more area of Clock town and i played around with Link's face.
Well, this screenshot doesn't show that much, but i wanted to show the Spongebob-face, because i think it's very funny.
If anyone wants this Spongebob-face, i can upload it. :>

V-King

Just a dude
Sorry MuhMuh, but I don't like these bushes either.
They look better than the ones before but as Glenbo said, they look kinda cel-shaded.
I know, that it's hard to make textures like these from scratch but the time will come when you will understand how you could do things like that ;)

Kerber2k

Bushes in Zelda are really hard to do simply because you cant have that much information on the space given withen the leaves and such. I dunno about your stance on keeping the textures close to the original, but when I see the bush texture in zelda oot no matter how crappy the original looked it served its purpose as a bush. I assume the same applies for MM. Try visualizing how you want it to look before you start making it from scratch. If you use photoshop just use a diffrent layer and draw on top of the original to get a feel for what your going for. If it feels flat use tools to lighten and darken areas to make it feel realistic.

OP
MuhMuh

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
I added more detail, now they don't look that cell-shaded anymore.
Somehow, in Game they look much better than on the screenshots...

And one last time: I HATE THE ORIGINAL BUSHES :yucky:

Last edited:

Glenbo

Banned
lol...i dunno..i just dont like any of the bushs...the floor is flat...wheras in modern games they have grass and are bumpy...so they look outta place in the game no matter what tey look like

OP
MuhMuh

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
Glenbo said:
lol...i dunno..i just dont like any of the bushs...the floor is flat...wheras in modern games they have grass and are bumpy...so they look outta place in the game no matter what tey look like
On Termina field they match 100%,because the ground is darker there. But i don't want to show it now. :D

Amon_Knives

Film Student
MuhMuh said:
On Termina field they match 100%,because the ground is darker there. But i don't want to show it now. :D

well, you still need to make one that matches perfectly everywhere and not just one place.

mongo51983

Zelda Maniac!!!
Is it just me or do the graphics in Majora's Mask look a lot better than the ones used in Ocarina of Time.

Status
Not open for further replies.