What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

MuhMuh's Hi-Res Majoras Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toast Siege

EmuTalk Memberr
That makes sense. Majora's Mask was one of the two games to require the N64 "Expansion Pak" which was really just an additional 4MB of RAM that you would need to insert into your console to play either Majora's Mask or Donkey Kong 64. This extra RAM allowed for things like higher screen resolution, and, certainly, textures that were greater in quality. Also, even though OoT and MM share the same engine, they were released two years apart, with MM coming out just a day before Playstation 2.

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
Perfect Dark used it too, for solo missions.
Anyway, good job on the textures. When is a pack going to be released?

OP
MuhMuh

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
Googol said:
Perfect Dark used it too, for solo missions.
Anyway, good job on the textures. When is a pack going to be released?
I'll reale it when i finished the clock town outside.Then I'll work on the Inside and after that on Termina field.

OP
MuhMuh

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
I need help! I dunno what font i should use for the letters. I don't have any good ones on my pc :(

V-King

Just a dude
Try something like Garamond. A font with fine serifs.
Or try san-serif fonts like Verdana, Arial or Tahoma. Whichever letter looks best. ;)

(In German/Auf deutsch: Entweder was wie Garamond (also ein Serifen-Font) oder ein Serifenloser Font wie Verdana, Arial oder Tahoma. Je nachdem, welcher Buchstabe von welchem Font am besten aussieht. ;) )

Toast Siege

EmuTalk Memberr
This thread looks like it's slowed down a bit so here's a bit of a contribution:
My own attempts at retexturing the models have (for the most part) failed so I suppose I'll just stick with two-dimensional images for now (And I'll stay away from Clock Town!). I'll get on making a pack of all my (2D) work very soon, likely within a couple days...

Without further ado!

(Just in case you were wondering...the quiver is an original drawing, and feel free to criticize anything you see here. I do, however, realize that the bomb is far too small. Its 'shadow' is not a texture and can't be altered through simple reinserting of images.)

To MuhMuh - I don't mean to hijack this thread in any way. Keep it up, but please, stay far away from Spongebob in the future, for your own good.

Hmm, that was lots more 'ado...' Well,
Can you spot the difference?

OP
MuhMuh

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
Well Done!
I'm very happy for your help, 'cause this is a real big project.
Can you do all the texts and letters? I can't get anything like this done... x.x
And all the items you can do, and the system images... Here a screenshot of what i mean:
(btw. the spongebob face was just for fun)

Toast Siege

EmuTalk Memberr
Hah, it's very ironic you mentioned that, because almost all of the things you mentioned there I have already done. Actually, I've done most of the items (the official art that you seem to have also found), and some of the drop shadows. I see, however, that you're using that one Kokiri Sword. I didn't really like it so much, and I altered it to make it look more like the 3D sword Link carries around (you may have noticed the heavy jpeg compression, the blade is very blue, among others...) Also I've made an alternate rupee icon - in the lower left - you're using the icon from Wind Waker, aren't you? Anyways, we can decide about that later. Here's a list of things I've already done in terms of retexturing:

-Fairy's Wings texture
-bottom of screen Clock -> the lines that are arranged in a half-circle...you'll see.
-bottom of screen Clock -> the 'diamond' that appears behind the '1st,' '2nd,' 'Final,' images (although it looks like yours says '1.' European version?
-all of the black "Dawn" screens
-Quiver and Kokiri sword icon (in Quest Status subscreen)
-some of the subscreen window backgrounds (not done)
-the square in the Items and Masks subscreen that indicates what you're using
-all of the items that fall to the ground that are dropped by enemies (bombs, arrows, potion)
Actually, there are a few things else that I don't seem to remember.

Anyway, here are the two pieces of the clock that I've done so far.

ragnor

hmm. The original text doesn't seem to have had *any* serrifs, v-king. At least from what I see in that pic. The font is decent, but if you could find one that's similar to what you've chosen, but still has the angled cut to the arms... look at the pics you posted to see what I mean. It would just keep it a little more true to the original.

Looks like you've done quite a bit, Toast!

V-King

Just a dude
ragnor said:
hmm. The original text doesn't seem to have had *any* serrifs, v-king. At least from what I see in that pic. The font is decent, but if you could find one that's similar to what you've chosen, but still has the angled cut to the arms... look at the pics you posted to see what I mean. It would just keep it a little more true to the original.

Looks like you've done quite a bit, Toast!
Oh, right, I forgot that area names aren't displayed like they are in OoT.
Sorry 'bout that ;)

Then I'd say, that you use a sans-serif font like the ones I already said.

OP
MuhMuh

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
I just finnished the letters. ;D
I have made all german letters, but no french ones. If someone could send them to me, I'd do them.

Last edited:
OP
MuhMuh

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
So i almost finnished. I can't get these letters:
Can somebody tell me how to get them or post them here, so I can copy them?

V-King

Just a dude
Erm...call me stupid but can't you just dump these letters them from exactly THIS naming screen? ;)

(Sprich: Kannst du die Textur nicht aus diesem Namenseingabescreen dumpen?)

Toast Siege

EmuTalk Memberr
^^^Er, I'm not so sure about that font, actually...

Glenbo said:
english ones?
The German alphabet uses the same letters as the English one. It appears that he's working on the European version, so it will just be a matter of renaming the right letters to fit the USA version. Actually, the English font looks done from that above shot (strange font notwithstanding).

The HUD is mostly done, and right now I'm working on the heart meter (there are 10 different frames for this, because when you get the half-damage upgrade, the heart gets a white border and changes to a different image), so I guess I'll post some progress shots tonight...

MuhMuh: Forget what I said yesterday about that other heart, I fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.