What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Mollymutt's Hi-rez Paper Mario

DarkCreed

Emulating Life
Hey guys, 1st I would like to say that all the work put into this thread so far is amazing but I was wondering if some of the occurances I am experiencing are normal. Many of the characters when turning or talking revert back to old textures, in fact, some of the ones that look EXACTLY like a couple that are perfect but still revert on occasion. Also mario reverts in a good few instances (holding item above head, thumbs up at end of battle) But yeah and a few others, including font, I will try and get some Pics up in a bit. Does anyone know what might cause some of this? or is it just a priduct of it all being a WIP. Anyone still working on this and have any ideas on an update by chance?

Pokemoner

aka Saiko..
@ Darkcreed:
Yes,those moves are still not retextured..What u experience is absolutly normal..Those moves are either not made yet or have been forgotten by the texture maker..But don't worry,We will hunt those things in time.(Look at koopa town for example,koopas returns to thier old tex while moving as Mullymutt got one of them staning in Peach's Castle).
I reached Koopa town and fixed most of tex..See Wip pics :)

papermario36na.jpg

DarkCreed

Emulating Life
Poke, those look awesome, I cannot wait for you to release more of your work, this entire project has brought me ( A game developer for the mmorpg EndlessAges) back to the joy of consoles, and has me very interested in what other classic games thast I knbew and loved could be made passable by todays standards. I think I am going to rather enjoy myself in this community :)

OP
M

Mollymutt

Pokemoner, great job. If you dump any font textures that I haven't gotten to yet, I'll redo them. As for Mario or any other character textures, it'll be easer for you to do with GC textures. I'm taking a break from retexturing so I can actually play some games. I still haven't played Djipi's OOT through yet.

Torrean

Is there a fix to the slowdown in the cutscenes/the castle at the beginning? My specs are:

Windows Xp Pro SP2
Radeon 9550
AMD Athlon 1.7 Ghz
1 gig ram

Thanks!

Pokemoner

aka Saiko..
@DarkCreed:Thanks very much..Alot of thanx goes to Mollymutt and Muddy,who made really great work.I didn't play Endless Ages but in the time I will give it a try ;) .Enjoy the great community.

@Mollymutt:Ok there are few letters I've found..I'll dump them and give them to u..have a nice break (me too will have a looooong break ..I'm in faculty of medicine so it takes long for u to finish exams,have vacation (14 days),then enter the happy new year:angry: )..BTW I'll try to make something from time to time :) ..
I found this..It may help u :)

@Torrean:I don't think..I think the cause is the ultra-hi rez toads made by Mollymut :bouncy: ..

Fantasy4ever222

OKay can Someone Repack this?And Put them in order..Because i dont know where to put the folders and every time I try it freezes so can someone do this for me?

DarkCreed

Emulating Life
Fantasy, it is pretty simple, I will try to give ya a play by play.

1: Go to your 1964 main folder, then click on plugins. Then into the hires_texture folder (I use Rice, I assume you are also)

2: Create a folder named Paper Mario

3: Place the Texture packs within thier respective folders still, all in the Paper Mario folder.

No enable Hi-rez textures in the plugin setup, and make sure that thier are not duplicate folders within the tex packs

If that does not work post your system specs for the more knowledgables here

SupermanIsNvius

w39132116.png

Hey, im kinda of new to the retexturing process, so give me feedback on what you think... obviously, this is a lot easier than retexturing an actual character, but anyhow...

Pokemoner

aka Saiko..
Ok I finished most of textures tell end of Koopa Bros chapter.
Also I made some Mario moves to decrease flickering.
This is a pack containing all the work made till now (now it's 37Mb:matrix: )..
Note:To be honest the textures of Barry-Karry is not made by me,I found them somewhere in the site..I forgot to remove them from the pack before uploading it so I hope there is no problem with that:unsure: ..

And nice try,SupermanIsNvius..but needs to be more PM2 style.Great start man:nemu: .

here are some pics:

Dont know what's the problem with Peach's letter..I made all the textures but the lower part didn't change!! It seems that the dumped file name is incorrect.
Enjoy :)

Last edited:

DarkCreed

Emulating Life
Ahh as usual, Poke, beautiful work, I am not certain whether you are colaborating with the others talents within this thread, but you are definately making my mouth water for your next update! A couple questions, I am currently still having issues with certain npc textures reverting in mushroom kingdom, as well as some action buttons, I just wanted to make sure they are still a work in progress, and not a problem on my end.I figure you would know more than I....heh Thnx in advance!

OP
M

Mollymutt

I never finished doing the fonts and hud. I took a break from this project becaues of school, and I guess I can at least work on these things since Pokemoner is doing such a good job with everything else. It's very possible that some character frames aren't done yet, so I don't think you are having a problem.

DarkCreed

Emulating Life
Thnx molly, I am also eagerly awaiting ANY update you can accomadate, you do an amazing job! hopefully after ya take a look at things and put out an update some of my problems will be fixed! Thnx again. EDIT: (one last thing not to fill this thread with nonsense, I am getting huge amounts of slowdown going into battle, and roght towards the very entrance of toad town, in meneus. I also notice -20 fps when walking out of any house. I have noticed more of this since each time i add more high rez textures. I am using newest v. of 1964, and also Rice 6.1.1 beta 10. I am using some texture filtering but other than that I think I have most of setting set to fastest, however alot of the options i do not fully inderstand such as buffers and others, I have done a great deal of teaching myself, and will continue to do so, but any help along the way is of course always appreciated!)

Last edited:

spungeboy1

@ DarkCreed: I get the same problem as you, major slow-down in the game before battles and such.

EDIT: Other problem solved, my plug-in was old. Still a drop in framerate before battles though.

Looks great Pokemoner, keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Pokemoner

aka Saiko..
Thanx DarkCreed..As for the flickering npcs it's not from your pc..we didn't make those moves.You can tell me which characters are reverting with you and I'll try to retexture them if I can and have time..I will not begin on the new area these days.
As for slowdowns I don't know a way to fix this,but for me,I switched to Project 1.5 and gained some speed (toad town and peach's castle became faster,may this work with u).
I have problems worse than that as dark areas problem and background problem (the background doesn't work in Directx mode,must flip to OpenGL!!).
Thanx sponge..I hope u enjoy this community.

OP
M

Mollymutt

UPDATE! Well I finally got off my ass and did some work on this. I found a few letters that needed to be done, and I updated a couple things on the hud. Plus I did the subscreen.