What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Mollymutt's Hi-rez Paper Mario

bdizzle

im trying to get the hi-res textures to work and im having some issues. im using rice's plugin and i have hi-res textures enabled. startup logo seems to use the new textures, but none of the characters do. ive been comparing my screens what the screens in this thread and they look nothin alike. if someone could help id appreciate it.

im using pj64 btw

DarkCreed

Emulating Life
Make sure that you have in the hires textures area a folder named Paper Mario, and after that there could be multiple file naming problems or duplicates that could be causing problems, if going through the files and all looiks well, try using 1964, let usknow how it turns out

bdizzle

DarkCreed said:
Make sure that you have in the hires textures area a folder named Paper Mario, and after that there could be multiple file naming problems or duplicates that could be causing problems, if going through the files and all looiks well, try using 1964, let usknow how it turns out

i tried using 1964 and had the same problem. the only textures that looks hires is start screen. everything else looks the same. here's a screen shot of my folder structure

screen7dl.jpg

Deo

Hey, I'm new to the "retexturing" thing, but, i was bored, so i decided it would be funny, to take your peach, and make her a daisy... i don't think its bad for my first attempt, and i think i'm gonna further it so that its actually daisy's dress (there are slight differences, this one is just peach's with different colors) tell me what you think:

daisya4387f8a31all0nc.png

altomonkey

umm, im having trouble with my textures.. could it be the fact that all of them have "byRGBA" tagged on the end of the filenames?

gamemaster777

That's totally awesome! I haven't played paper mario much yet, but I want to later and I think I'll just wait for your pack to be finished first. I'll just play some of the other tons of games I have until this pack is finished.

Gox777

Hey all.
I liked the idea and progress of this project so much that I registered :p

Looking Awesome!
I'd love to help out. I have a lot of spare time this summer. To be honest though, I've never worked with textures >>. First time for everything though I suppose. I have quite a good bit of experience in Photoshop though. (I've done a lot of work with in-game screenshots before if that's worth anything). I'll be checking out tutorials in the meantime.
And remember, keep up the enthusiasm! ^^

Edit: Now that I downloaded the version of rice that supports custom textures and looked into it, I understand it all a bit more. I'll see what I can come up for contribution. Should be fun.

Edit 2:TO ANYONE HAVING PROBLEMS LOADING SOME OF THE TEXTURES. Make sure you have the latest version of the Rice Video Plugin (ver 6.1.1) I made the mistake of using the non-beta 6.1.0 version and was having the same problems before.

Last edited:

Gox777

Alright well I took my shot at a couple frames of Merluvlee. Again, this is my first time doing this so I hope they look ok. Feel free to offer tips.
http://www.rxgaming.net/images/papermario_highrez/merluvlee_frame1.png
http://www.rxgaming.net/images/papermario_highrez/merluvlee_frame2.png
And for reference, this is the original
http://www.rxgaming.net/images/papermario_highrez/merluvlee_orig.png

Also, I repacked everything into a single archive. I can continue hosting the texture packs on my site, rxgaming.net. I have a 30 GB monthly bandwidth limit and the site isn't being used for much else lately, so I think it should be fine.

High Res Paper Mario Texture Pack as of 6-29-06
http://www.rxgaming.net/images/papermario_highrez/PAPER MARIO_highres_6-29-06.rar
Remember to rename the folder to "Paper Mario"

(btw, hope you don't mind the double posting)

Gox777

Haha, nope^
A majority of stuff up to after the koopa bros fortress, yea.
I was just repacking the work in progress.

And here's another merluvlee sample...I forgot that she had extra frames when you ask for your fortune. I think I did this one a little better...I made it at 300 pixles per inch instead of 72 and the edges are a bit cleaner.
Also I find that it's taking me forever to do each frame...x_x, although I'll probably get faster over time. In the previous ones I posted, I forgot to make every section of her a different layer, so I couldn't make the similar frames as easily.

Improved
merluvlee_frame3.png

Last edited:

Luzifer

Sopor Aeternus
One of that textures looking very nice....I hope at the near future to get the complete pack.....

Gox777

Cool, but eh...I kinda already finished her other frames ^^;;
Shoes on that one look better though...hmm...If you wanna go ahead and make the other frames, we could use it instead, otherwise just stick to mine.

Update:
-Did some windows in the fortune teller house.
-Started on some items (Pow, spirit jar thing...will be working on more.)

http://www.rxgaming.net/images/papermario_highrez/pow.png
http://www.rxgaming.net/images/papermario_highrez/spiritbottle.png

Also, over the weekend I told my friend about the project. He's into graphic design as a profession...He did a sample of retexturing with an awesome looking magikoopa.
magikoopa.png

Unfortunately, quality like that took him about 4 hours to do XD...so considering how many other frames magikoopa has, thats as far as he's going on it.