What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Merry Xmas: OOT 2011 and MM 2001

danielt131990

Hi there,
I just tried to get this pack working, but I ran into some trouble. First my System:

Win8 64bit
HD7870

I installed Project64 und added the newest Glide64 Plugin. I can't get the package running. Tried almost everthing:
- Admin mode
- Vista compatibility
- Large Adress Aware Tool
- Some different settings in de Glide64 PlugIn

Frist my Project64 always crashed. Since I'm in Admin Mode with Vista Majoras Mask starts, but does not load the package.
For a short time you can see the "texture loading" dialoge, but nothing happend. MM starts with the old textures.
I have a cache folder inside the plugin folder. There I have the files "ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK_HIRESTEXTURES.dat" and "ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK_MEMORYCACHE.dat".
I think my settings are okay, because PJ64 1.6 is loading the game and tries also to load the textures. Maybe the .dat-files are at the wrong place?

I hope someone can help me

btw: sry for my english =D I'll try to improve it ;)

Edit:
I solved my Problem. 512MB Cach was not enough. After trying 1024MB everything worked. =)

Last edited:

Shanen112

Project64 crash at startup suggestion.

Had this same issue with both v1.6 and v1.7 on Win7 x64 (PJ64 crashed at startup before loading the game and every file was in the proper folder) and i solved it by starting PJ64 in Compatibility mode for Windows VISTA, and now both 1.6 and 1.7 work. Hope this work and someone should post this info on the first page, seems like an extremely common problem (i encountered it on other forums too and no solution or suggestion was provided).

I followed chiefsparten's advice in post 75, though my problem had nothing to do with his (since all my Glide64 files were already in the right folder).

THANK YOU!!!!!!! I've been looking around to fix this PJ64/Glide64 problem for 3 days searching everywhere on the internet to no avail. Untill this post. You sir, have saved me MANY stressful attempts. If i could recommend or link on these forums I would do it.

linkcrack

The entry area to the temple of time and to the market have been retextured in this pack???
If the answer is yes, why I can't load them.
The other textures work perfect and this is an amazing texture pack that I want to try and it's a shame that this textures are missing.
Sorry for my English.

INFO: I follow all Djipi's instructions.

linkcrack

Finally I discover this textures are missing so I want to add them for personal use but I can't uncach the dat files.
It would be a good idea that someone upload a tutorial for uncach it. I need it uncached for play on n64oid too.

linkcrack

It worked, but i can't use because i get "Program too big to fit in memory".

It's the same problem I have so we have to try it on linux. I haven't it installed so if you can try it say to me.
You have to use the original version not this compilation. If it doesn't work we can try to contact with Moshroum because I want the pack uncached!!!!!

boshaus

so I got the dat extractor working fine on os x.. but wondering if theres any shortcuts/tricks to identify and fix the bad textures for NTSC.

For example, most new items I get (deku stick for example) when you hold it over your head or its in the shop its lacking textures and it is just grey. I'm assuming the difference between the versions is just a matter of renaming the file with the correct CRC?

I guess I could find the CRC of the bad textures by running glide64 w/o hi-res textures, dump the textures of the action, identify the correct texture. But then there is the matter of finding Djipi's texture in the 7800 files.

Only thing I can think of is play it in PAL, dump, and try to match.. but that's sure a pain to have to play through the entire game 2x to find all the bad textures.

Markeerouz

so I got the dat extractor working fine on os x.. but wondering if theres any shortcuts/tricks to identify and fix the bad textures for NTSC.

For example, most new items I get (deku stick for example) when you hold it over your head or its in the shop its lacking textures and it is just grey. I'm assuming the difference between the versions is just a matter of renaming the file with the correct CRC?

I guess I could find the CRC of the bad textures by running glide64 w/o hi-res textures, dump the textures of the action, identify the correct texture. But then there is the matter of finding Djipi's texture in the 7800 files.

Only thing I can think of is play it in PAL, dump, and try to match.. but that's sure a pain to have to play through the entire game 2x to find all the bad textures.

Tha's a problem with Glide, not with the textures, ot looks right in older version of glide.

Kmillar

I'm not sure if someone has asked this here, however, I am sure it has been asked somewhere. I apologize, but I have looked and cannot find it anywhere. why is it that the inside of houses and other areas cannot be retextured?

Lylat1an

How do I make this work in Project64 2.1?

I've tried the latest Glide64 and Glide r269, and configured both to use enhanced textures, but I'm not seeing any changes.

I'm totally new to using texture packs so I could have made any number of mistakes...

toto9992

Hey, I've got some problem with the texture pack for Majora's mask.
For exemple, when link find a new object it appears in grey above his head, even with a old version of Glide64 (r231), or new textures doesn't load ( can't post links sorry ).

If someone knows how we can fix it, it would be cool to tell us ! :)

timewarp

Hey, I've got some problem with the texture pack for Majora's mask.
For exemple, when link find a new object it appears in grey above his head, even with a old version of Glide64 (r231), or new textures doesn't load ( can't post links sorry ).

If someone knows how we can fix it, it would be cool to tell us ! :)
Yeah, I also have that problem, along with a few other people who have posted in this thread. Unfortunately, all those posts have gone unnoticed. :/