What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Merry Xmas: OOT 2011 and MM 2001

F

Fanatic 64

@NES_player4LIFE, I think this was already properly conveyed in previous postings. The .dat file is just the texture cache format Glide Napalm uses internally (not really intended for distribution). Djipi should have properly licensed his work (don't invent a new license, use an existing one). Eventually the file hosts will die and someone will reupload it. And a whole new discussion will start about the legality of redistributing the work. I'd recommend using a creative commons license. It can, for example, allow people to distribute only unmodified files. It does not restrict anything users personally do with the files.
The problem is Dijipi pretty much only wants:
1. That his texture pack is only distributed (and maybe even used) as he published it (without modifications/fixes/derivations/etc), and;
2. That it is only usable with Glide64.
And I know hardly any license which allows such conditions. So Dijipi should either make a more specific/clear license, or drop those conditions altogether.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
It has always been an unspoken rule that texture packs are to be used within the wishes of it's author('s).

Texture pack authors are given complete say on how and if there packs are to be edited. Some people spend years of their lives working of these packs for the enjoyment of others.

There has never been a need for authors to license their work as most users play fair and don't steal textures to improve their public packs, if a user wishes to use a certain texture they ask for permission before taking ownership of that data.
If on the other hand the author says at the time of data editing that he/she doesn't want their data redistributed; then it's the responsibility of the user to keep any revisions made for private use only.
It is also the responsibility of this community to respect the authors intentions. Data sealed at the time when it was imposable to hack a Dat file should remain sealed as it is the implied wish of the author.
I myself have called for a program to unlock dat files, now that code exists and I have no issue with that but it should be used for private use unless the author says that their work may be unlocked.

If there are any other comments please post them in this thread to avoid derailing this thread.

Last edited:

Moshroum

Not everybody knows how to port Linux code to Windows. And the link you provided is broken.

The link in your quote is broken, but the one in my post works. Here for comparison again: https://mega.co.nz/#!0s9zyBSb!K556wBj9qDYdmPK4Z7fcS0lU4q5G-cuEe-YARwNDd-A + http://www.file-upload.net/download-7792919/glide64_cache_extract.exe.html (Source can be downloaded on https://github.com/ecsv/glide64-cache-extract. All rights belong to their original authors/owners). I cannot be blamed for your faults.

And I never ported anything. I've just compiled the code from the repository as everybody would have done it.

Last edited:

dreamspawn

Keep getting a error anybody help?

CN64system::loadfileimage-excemption caught
file D:\my programs\emulation\project64\source\project64\n64 system\ n64 class.cpp
line732

death--droid

Keep getting a error anybody help?

CN64system::loadfileimage-excemption caught
file D:\my programs\emulation\project64\source\project64\n64 system\ n64 class.cpp
line732
Assuming your using pj64 1.7, what plugin are you using? This error can occur when the plugin crashes during initialization or durring loading of textures

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Toasty

Sony battery
Thanks deleting my "negative" (constructive) comment.
How is it constructive to repeatedly tell someone how much you think they suck and you hate them? That actually seems quite the opposite of constructiveness.

Last edited:

dCloud466

GlideHQ v17.apr.09

Wonderful project and very nice looking artwork. You done well.

For those who may have had problems with the GlideHQ.dll file, I was using the one included with the 269 version which was causing PJ64 to crash upon loading the rom.

The file 17.apr.09 version of GlideHQ actually works while the other did not. You can again get those files from the OLD section of the glide page.

This can be referred back to post #8 by rizz768. Follow his steps and then place the 17 of April version GlideHQ in your plugins folder.

It worked for me using Windows XP Pro after about 1 1/2 hours. Heh. :) Once again
Djipi, very well done!

Cheers

Svered

I have a couple questions.

It seems like on Ocarina of Time killing a creature still does uses an old texture when they disappear (the green flame type thing). Is this just a problem on my end, or was that not edited as part of this pack/ uneditable in general?

Also, is it possible to use textures in addition to this pack, such as the green flame if this pack does not have it and I were to want to use a new one?

KraidSlayer

I need your help.

When I did everything in the instructions, everything seemed to work, until I got an item.

The Item was grey while I was holding it in my hands. The items on the shop wall are grey too. whenever I'm in my inventory its fine.
There is the same problem in OoT. Please help.

ZeroR3B0RN

Can someone help me with getting the pack to work on an NTSC ROM? I've read a few pages and from what I can tell, a European ROM is needed for the pack to work correctly. However, I want to play the game in the full 60 fps. I've also read of a Glide64 .dat extractor. Is there any way I can either play the European ROM at 60fps, or extract the textures from the .dat and use it on an NTSC ROM? Also, I'm having trouble with grayed out items as well. Any help would be much appreciated. (And, first post!)

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
This pack is made to be used with the (E) rom.
Your best bet would be to use the (E) rom however you may convert the textures for your personal use,
this may or may not work.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
please contact Moshroum as he has been able to convert it and is the most knowledgeable member that I know of concerning the glide .dat extracting process.

Maybe we can have a tutorial on the subject?

ex_p4t

I would very much like to help you with converting the MM pack into an NTSC-compatible version. PM me if you need any help with some manual work or whatever. Also, does anyone reading this topic know where I could find full dumps of the default textures of NTSC and/or PAL MM?

Weboh

Whenever I start the ROM with Glide, PJ64 gives me the "Project64.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" error message. I am trying to use it with Master Quest, having already beat OoT. Is that the problem? 'Cause I read that it works with MQ. Is there a different version that works with MQ? Or how can I get it to work period? I read the documentation, but it wasn't helpful to my particular case. I'm running PJ64 1.6 on Windows XP SP3. What folder am I supposed to put the textures in? \PJ64\Plugin\hires_texture? Or just \plugin? It's not made clear. And does it work with Master Quest or not?