What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

mdta & djipi's Super Awsome Majora's Mask Project

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
well it isnt until about 11 am till he finds out his troupe wont be performing, so he is dressed as a clown ready to talk to Madame Aroma. his nose goes pink when he is happy talking with them, and later when he is in the milk bar depressed, his nose is purple, so it shows his emotions more so, plus I did the mask in a more traditional clown style to show it at its prime so to say (white face and coloured eyes)

I have just finished the council workers and the town guards, I am starting on the mayor (kafei's dad so similar look to use) and the receptionist...

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
The Mayor is finished, so time for a few screens...

Last edited:

pedrocasilva

mdtauk said:
The Mayor is finished, so time for a few screens...
Wow, it looks awesome, I really like Mayors look.

One of the lances the soldiers are using looks real wierd up close (the pink soldier), but that may be just me.

The fairy looked very strange when far away (last pic)

Magitaro

The look is very sharp, and clean. It couldn't hurt to add a few more details. Without the wind-waker-esque patterns or the future possibility of cel-shading, the world seems a little bare.

Keep it up!

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
thanks all mdtauk and me do the best for the pack and i would like to credit mdtauk to the incredible work he do for me , for you , for zelda.....

J-Nic

Zelda Guru
this looks great!

just a suggestion. If your doing the whole windwaker style effect you should make the postman look like the rito postman from windwaker who looks like the MM postman. basicly give him a rito postman style look.

1 more suggestion. you should do something really cool with fierce diety, because he's always been my favourite character.

keep up the excellent work!

Last edited:
OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
fierce deity is my last retexture (saving it for last) And interestingly enough, I made a minor discovery with the postman. there is a rito with exactly the same face, working inside Dragon Roost. Also rito inspiration has been used...

Last edited:

zeldafan970

haha cool find, although when i look at your postman with those eyebrows, eyeliner, and hair minus the bangs it reminds me of will farrel from zoolander, I think it would look good if you left the eyebrows, eyes, and bangs the way they were, but kept all of your other changes (white hair, darker skin color, other cool stuff...) but that's just my humble opinion. Keep up the good work mdtauk!

frogsoblivious

Hey guys, great work! You are both very talented.

I have been working on retexturing Majora's Mask too for a while, and I was wondering if you wanted some help with this. I have lots of textures I've already made you can use if you want, and I'd love to make some more to help you out. I kindof have a similar style to yours. Hopefully this isn't too many screenshots (maybe I got carried away a little...)

Even if you don't want me to work with you, I think you are doing a great job and I can't wait for your pack to come out. :) Majora's Mask is probably my favorite of the Zelda games.

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Well i think the projects have differing styles, djipi should have the final say i reckon, but you do have a unique style which perhaps you should continue with.

hey ho, here is todays work...

Last edited:

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
frogsoblivious the statue where you play to go to a place is awesome can you send me this statue?