What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

mdta & djipi's Super Awsome Majora's Mask Project

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
I can confirm that that isnt you're tingle, the screen posted was made with wind waker textures made larger, I have since redone tingle with my own textures I draw by hand, as I have done with the other characters...

Drawn in vector, exported to Photoshop, and resized/recoloured and finally renamed...

Last edited:

El Kameleon

you are right, i can see slight differences. its pretty amazing how close i got considering i didnt use any original textures and drew right from the tv screen by hand, no vectors here. looks good though.

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
you are talented thats obvious...
sorry for getting our wires crossed! :)

zeldafan970

mdtauk said:
I can confirm that that isnt you're tingle, the screen posted was made with wind waker textures made larger, I have since redone tingle with my own textures I draw by hand, as I have done with the other characters...

Drawn in vector, exported to Photoshop, and resized/recoloured and finally renamed...

Might I ask what vector is? It sounds like a program that I would like to become more aquainted with.

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
I use Corel Draw, but you can also use Flash and Illustrator. Vector is when you draw shapes which can be resized as much as you want, however you can only use flat colour, gradients, and alpha transparences, so you dont get blend modes and other tools you use in photoshop to add detail using brushes.

The Dave

Well the whole point of vector images is that they are put together using math so the image becomes points in an equation, so when you resize it the quanities change and there is zero quality loss. When you are designing logos you usually do it in a vector image so it can be used anywhere.

What mdtauk says about you can only use flat color, gradients, and alpha transparencies is incorrect, that is just the limit of his program. There are some people that can make lifelike images using vectors, but they are very very good at what they do. A beginner to vectors is just going to be able to do solid shapes.

The program that really is at the top of making vector images is Adobe Illustrator.

zeldafan970

Thanks guys, that's perfect because I have illustrator on my other computer but I didn't take the time to learn enough about it. I think I'm gonna have to do that now. thanks both of you!

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Well vectors can use bitmaps for fills, and effects, but they are not vectors. Illustrator and Corel both use bitmaps in the same way. so in a way The Dave is right.

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Its been a late night, so here is some progress...

Last edited:

Typify

Nolife
I think that Gorman looks kinda odd...
But I do love the Happy Mask fellow shown earlier, imo it was the best character you've redone so far.

SWAT_Marc

Ind. Design Student
This is getting even better :D, though I also think Gorman's eyes look odd (maybe the alpha channel is not done correctly).

OT. I remember this game with a special feeling, almost everybody was disgusted with it because the story was not as epic as Ocarina of Time one. From my point of view, MM is better overall OoT because its better graphics, story (is not the hero helping a lady again!), playability (it's replayable indeed, not as OoT where, once you're done, you can't replay a mission) and that gold-like cartdrige!! (Here in Spain OoT cartdrige was white as most N64 were :()

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
OK i thought there would be some confusion with the gormon family, so a little bit of background.

When I am designing characters' their backstories are important so, the gormons are a family of 3. One brother left to lead a troupe/circus group into entertainment. The other 2 work at the race track.

Gormon the circus leader I have designed as a CLOWN. The Mask and Gormon himself are clowns so I made them look like clowns. The other two brothers look normal (eyes still being tweaked) so here are more screens to illustrate...

Last edited:

pilm

The Circus Mask looks really nice - and the other members of the Gorman familly too.

However, it is true that the "first" Gorman became a clown, but when we see him in MM he has lost everythings of this old circus spirit and became selfish and always angry. Thus I think it is a good idea to made his mask a clown mask, but for himself, why not a more conventional style ?
Just my opinion, it's still your project, do as you want ^^