What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

mdta & Community OoT Re-texturing in Twilight Princess Style

revenile

This is one of the first hi-texture ideas that I REALLY wish I was skilled enough to help out on, but alas I suck at all computer art for anything other than simple stuff. But I'll try to help (I got nothing better to do) in anyway I can.

Aurelian

Maverick Hunter
oh, okay, no point in buyin the GC version in my opinion (although i love the gamecube). Might as well save up for the Wii and instead of pressing the A button you can swing your wii-mote through the air =D.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
ok lemme put it this way

you have to buy the WII
the game
and the nunchuk control

the WIImote isn't as accurate as people thought it would be

compared... to getting it
on game cube and only paying for one thing

wow... i know what im buying.

you wanna get a wii.. get it with the next zelda game....

jw0ollard

ok lemme put it this way

you have to buy the WII
the game
and the nunchuk control

the WIImote isn't as accurate as people thought it would be

compared... to getting it
on game cube and only paying for one thing

wow... i know what im buying.

you wanna get a wii.. get it with the next zelda game....

Umm. You don't need to buy the nunchuk accessory. It comes with the Wii.

And I have personally played Zelda on the Wii and I wouldn't give up the controls for anything. The only benefit of the GC version is being able to manually control the camera with the Right Analog stick, or the C stick (whatever it's called on the Gamecube controller)

Please don't bash the Wii when you don't know what you're talking about. Kthx!

revenile

The Wii actually is pretty darn accurate when you play one. Granted the only game I played where accuracy mattered was Red Steel, but the fact is, after you get used to pointing at a screen instead of a mouse or stick, it's incredibly fun, and brings you in. I'm just saying this but after playing Wii sports (and having the best time I've ever had with a multiplayer game for a new console) my left arm (left handed) hurt for two days after, the "I had one hell of a workout" pain, and it felt great. And yes, the nunchuck comes with the console, I was there at launch with my friend who was getting one. Also if you have a widescreen tv, the Wii version of Zelda uses that unlike the GC version. I do respect your thought Squall, and it is a very valid point aside from the nunchuck, I don't think anyone should buy the Wii just for zelda TP. They should (like me) have a small list of games already planned to get for one, that way you aren't stuck with one game for a new console. there's my two cents on that comment. Have a nice day :)

squall_leonhart

Umm. You don't need to buy the nunchuk accessory. It comes with the Wii.

And I have personally played Zelda on the Wii and I wouldn't give up the controls for anything. The only benefit of the GC version is being able to manually control the camera with the Right Analog stick, or the C stick (whatever it's called on the Gamecube controller)

Please don't bash the Wii when you don't know what you're talking about. Kthx!

oh ok, a report i read earlier said the nunchuk would be purchased separately.

still.. way to much to buy a damn game...

Mollymutt

oh ok, a report i read earlier said the nunchuk would be purchased separately.

still.. way to much to buy a damn game...

The nunchuck comes with the system, but if you want to get another controller you have to buy it seperatly from the Wiimote. Kinda lame if you ask me. $60 for both. It's not that great of a deal after all. I'll wait awhile before I buy it. By this time next year it'll come with two controllers and Zelda for the same price.

squall_leonhart

theres a bundle being sold with 2 wiimotes and the zelda game for like 799....

still.. as i said.. its too much to buy a new system... to play a game that was made for the GCN... with GCN level graphics

Aurelian

Maverick Hunter
I see your point, but, that 799 prices is ridiculous, just wait till after christmas, it'll go down to 200 or so. And you need one for all the new games: Mario Galaxy, MP3: Corruption, SSB: Brawl.

revenile

I do agree on the 600 dollar package being a little much, though it does come with 5 games, 2 controllers (and a lame mag subscription). Only like 3 games out of the pack I want. And just to randomly say secondly I think we have gotten off track a little with the project. I know I'm not contributing to the textures. I just don't want to see drama about the wii here, it's about bringing the texture qualities of TP to OOT. :) besides, leave the complaining to the fat people who are now realizing that the wii causes excercise. One guy (like 40) is complaining about sweating after playing wii boxing, and another is complaining of his arm hurting after extended use. Nintendo says "This isn't a replacement for a Jenny Creig (SP?) program, people should already be excercizing." THat is just hillarious. Anyway, how's the project doing? Anyone got any new textures they wish to show (even if in the works)? :) Have a nice day.

squall_leonhart

well i just found that theres also a $AU599 bundle. with 2 wiimotes and nunchuks.. wiisports, and Wii Zelda + 400 dollars worth of savings coupons....

Aurelian

Maverick Hunter
And just to randomly say secondly I think we have gotten off track a little with the project. I know I'm not contributing to the textures. I just don't want to see drama about the wii here, it's about bringing the texture qualities of TP to OOT. :)

I agree, lets get off the Wii and discuss this project more.

squall_leonhart

Yes, i agree,.. lets see... well.... the Master sword in TP is longer then in OoT,..

and it appears theres no mirror shield... hmmm...

Unusual_Rex

珍しい&#2957
I noticed a few pages ago the sword was Brown (the hilt). This is sorta correct and sorta isn't. Link has 2 sword the brown hilted one is not the Master Sword BTW, just to clear this up.