What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

mdta & Community OoT Re-texturing in Twilight Princess Style

Kalzenith

thanks that really cool, those are all the ones i altered, but the only one that took was the chest, perhaps it has something to to with the fact that im still young link in my game..

VinceC

Yes, thats why. Young Link has different textures then adult link.
I also found links collar texture, and since it has some transparent parts I was able to make the whole texture transparent so it doesnt show up in game.
[edit] Ok I came up with these texture real quick to see how it looks.
proofconcept.png

Last edited:

Ion Dune

Teh_Masterer
Also, if you made it bigger, by how much did you do so? In my experience any texture more than 4x the original doesn't work.

Solo_Rex

The one and only
Also, if you made it bigger, by how much did you do so? In my experience any texture more than 4x the original doesn't work.

That's right you can only so textures that are 2x, 3x, or 4x as big as the original. And it has to be totally proportional to the original texture.

jw0ollard

That's right you can only so textures that are 2x, 3x, or 4x as big as the original. And it has to be totally proportional to the original texture.

Can you really do 3x?? I thought I had tried making something that was 16 pixels wide into 48 pixels wide, and it totally didn't show up in game.

Solo_Rex

The one and only
Well have you actually tried it?? Because I have.

And I just double checked to make sure. A texture only shows up in the game if it's 2x or 4x the original size. At least in my experience.

Yeah ok, I guess that also makes the most sense

Elratauru

Well....

Well...I Do a pack with some textures of Kokiri Forest...I can't finish the pack because I have 3 annual tests and I have to study... can someone finish this pack?... If you want to modify a texture do it, there is no problem.

kokirixa8.jpg

Kokiri Forest - Almost Finished xD

Later.

Last edited:
OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
You will need to adjust the shape of the shield to match the polygons, or else it will just look odd, also you need to remember the icon for the shield, needs to match the in-game one, and also the one in the shop to buy!

I have been playing Zelda practically non-stop for the past 4 days, so I havnt done any more work yet, but after playing it, i will have a better feel for it, but i wont do a direct copy, as it needs to stay true to Ocarina of Time, as well as have the influence of Twilight Princess.

Aurelian

Maverick Hunter
is there some sort of compilation of the work on this project already done? or is it still a long ways off from that point?

Elratauru

Well...my shield is ajusted to the poligons and look good, and VinceC I think that the shield dont have the "metal textures" to be metal, it needs more contrast to be "realistic".

Later guys.

VinceC

I made my own with that magazine cover, tell me what you think.
mytry.png

I have yet to edit it to fit the blockyness of the model.