What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

mdta & Community OoT Re-texturing in Twilight Princess Style

Enzo Dragon

STFU, NAVI
So here's my ten cents:
The Kokiri equipment needs to follow the trend of the Ordon equipment from TP. TP establishes with it's mapping that Ordon is in or around the area that would have been occupied by the Kokiri forest in OoT.

Not only that, but the Ordon and Kokiri equipment follow the same trend. The Ordon Sword and Shield are generally the weakest weapons in TP (not counting the wooden sword). The Ordon shield is Wooden, as is the Kokiri.

I believe that it will be difficult to make a TP pack in the context of OoT, but if it's going to be done, it needs to reflect both the geographics and difficulty curve of both games. Aye?

The blue tunic will need to be changed to reflect TP (once you play the game, you'll see what I mean). There is no red tunic in TP, so the choice is your's as to what you do with it, though I suggest being creative and coming up with another armor-like design based around the Gorons.

As for the icons for everything: If you're going to do a TP pack, do a TP pack. That means keeping in the same vein as TP in EVERY WAY POSSIBLE. Therefor, make the icons drawings, as they appear in TP.

One last thing: Emulating the interface for TP the way Dijipi emulated Wind Waker would be GREAT. Have someone come up with the necessary games hark codes to rearrange the HUD TP style! I'd like to see a D-pad arrangement in the place of the C buttons, and the action and sword button put into their appropriate places.

Really, this could be an AWESOME pack. Just remember you're making a TP pack, not a "realistic" pack.

Enzo Dragon

STFU, NAVI
Hm. I wasn't aware that the HUD was different. If it is, then you're absolutely right. It'd definitely work better for OoT.

Enzo Dragon

STFU, NAVI
I just thought of something. Do the three tunics actually have seperate textures, or does the game just put another color on it?

Enzo Dragon

STFU, NAVI
Argh! Scratch what I said about the tunics, then, if you can't give them all a different personality as they are in TP. =/

Enzo Dragon

STFU, NAVI
Right, with white textures, but you couldn't make each tunic different (besides the hue).

For example, the Zora Tunic in TP is more of a suit of scuba-gear/armor than just a different colored tunic.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
yeah, so i've heard.

heh heh.. the game is so misleading...

Spoiler:

Midna calls zelda the twilight princess on various occasions, but it turns out midna is the twilight princess

squall_leonhart

it does have spoiler tags... but they are broken.... i'll pm martin

anyways.. i got the game on wednesday.. ahead of the release date (which was today.. Dec 15)

and i've already beaten the final boss and finished the game :p

now i can focus on collecting all the other bits and exploring every nook and cranny of the game :p

;) my friend borrowed the wii version from where he works and he had it 3 days and was less further into it then me :O

i now claim god status as i finished it on the day it was released :D

squall_leonhart

it does considering me and my friend compete all the time at who can finish a game the fastest.. and he usually beats me... he had the WII version and had it the same amount of time i did and only got up to gerudo valley.. heh...

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Nice to see you involved Djipi...

I have started work on the rest of the HUD and graphics today, and once I have something substantial done, I will post screens...