What's new

How to get Skies Of Arcadia (echelon) working properly!!!!

Quezcatol

I tells me no memory card found :S
how do i change slot for my memory card?
So it become in A,as in controller 1.
And yes i saved and it worked fine in grandia 2...

Quezcatol

K i think i wrote something with VMS,and suddenly when u started DCwithout a game i had save slots in control A too=control port 1.
And then i erased all in there and got 200 kb free mmeory.
Sadly no one on this site seems to help at all,..

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
When it's obvious that someone wants to use an emulator to run pirated games when he never owned the actual system, then yes, we're not going to help him at all.

Before claiming that you own a Dreamcast and the games you're trying to run you should know that if you really did you would not ask all these stupid questions.

Quezcatol

I got many more consoles and games that is real then you,trust me,bought for ex all my 28 orginel xbox for 80 dollar each here in sweden.
DC is dead get it,its dead.
better to revive it and see what made it so great,then to forget it forever.
And btw,how many here havnt dl pirate dc games here yet?
Yes im sure all legall people goes to a site called emutalk.net GJ there moron.
No i did not own a DC,i was to young i went in school and it costed 800 dollar in sweden at the moment,good luck getting your mom to buy that.
Im a die hard sega fan from the mega drive/saturn and could not afford it,do you know how painful that was?
I tried to get jobs but could not find any.
And missed DC,and when i finally worked and got money,DC was dead.
No where to find DC in sweden then and now.
What am i supposed to do?
People like you are just sad.

Im against all piracy,but when i cant get a game that i wasn't able to get something i wanted or now but i can in some hour over torrent im gonna do it.

Last edited:
OP
A

aika-san

I just checked Amazon.com and had no problem finding 8 ORIGINAL copies of Skies Of Arcadia. It would take around 2-3 weeks to arrive on your doorstep.

I can't buy it because I cant find it excuses don't cut it nowdays. Almost every piece of media that has ever been available is still available in original form if you look.

Your life story was unnecessary.

Quezcatol

Thats NTSC,my tv doesnt play NTSC in europe we use PAL,then you need to find me a Pal Dreamcast.
Thx in advance,and btw as i said im sure all of you people here reg at a site called emutalk.net and then never dl anything illgeal,has SEGA said its okay that you play their emulated console?
Has they?
No its illegal.

OP
A

aika-san

Sega is not saying yes or no. You are in a better position to ask questions here if you own a Dreamcast and an original copy of the game in question. Even if the DC is dead and regardless of whether the game or console is pal or ntsc.

Do you realise that you are ruining a highly popular thread? Does it make you feel good to be doing this? A lot of people worked very hard to provide you with the tools you are using. Is this your way of showing your appreciation?

Last edited:

Greywolf_Spirit

How I got the utility to work FULLY

Before running the patcher, DISABLE NORTON ANTIVIRUS PROTECTION!!
If you have protowall running (or any firewall possibly), disable it until this is complete.

Close Counterspy if you have that installed also

Once I have closed all those programs, I went ahead and closed my email, chat clients, etc.. so that the only thing running was my windows explorer window. I then ran the demon tools 3.29, mounted 2 drives, and mounted BOTH cds to arcadia! After both were mounted, I then ran the patcher, and let it do its thing.. Both cds are now created and work perfectly. Try looking for these kinds of problems before you say that the program does not work as it is supposed to.

Greywolf

Abelus

I asked if there is a way to convert 1st read.dlt to bin manually, because patcher doesn' work at all in my case.

LastPucho

Uhm... first of all, thanks a lot for this great patch, and the great utility :D. Certainly it makes things easier!

Got a problem though... I tried to install and run Daemon Tools 3.29 on my system (WinXP Pro w/SP2) and it kept rebooting (crashing) the whole system. I could return the system to a previus state (With Norton's GoBack) and the crashing ended.

I tried mounting the images of my SoA (Echoleon) with DT 4.x (wich works fine on my system) and patching... and all worked fine. Except that the images it produced could not be recognized by Windows Explorer, nor Chankast (I/O error). Same goes for Alcohol. IsoBuster opened the patched images with no trouble and I could see all the files inside them though... I even re-made the image with IsoBuster, but the output couldn't be recognized either by DT 4.x or Alcohol.

So, I got a couple of questions:

1) Is there a posibility to use another virtual-cd tool different than DT 3.x to mount the images for patching/playing?
2) Is there a chance for a "fix" for this? (not very likely, you guys have made a great job and seems to work in several other systems... but just wanted to ask :D)
3) Is there a way to manually patch the images and mount them in another virtual-cd tool?

Hope someone can help me... my system really dislikes DT 3.x :(. Anyway, great work guys. Bye.

OP
A

aika-san

Thankyou for the kind comments. I'm planning to program version 4 of the patch but this won't happen until March or April as I'm currently working on another project. This new version will operate much more reliably and will not require Daemon or Alcohol mounting.

For the time being your best bet is to use the v3 patch on someone else's pc and then copy the patched image files to your pc.

Please bear with me. I'm sorry I haven't been able to fix the problems till now but I will have more time in March/April.

LastPucho

aika-san said:
Thankyou for the kind comments. I'm planning to program version 4 of the patch but this won't happen until March or April as I'm currently working on another project. This new version will operate much more reliably and will not require Daemon or Alcohol mounting.

For the time being your best bet is to use the v3 patch on someone else's pc and then copy the patched image files to your pc.

Please bear with me. I'm sorry I haven't been able to fix the problems till now but I will have more time in March/April.

Don't worry, Aika-San =]. Thanks for the help! And sure, no rush, take your time.

I'll burn the images and take them to a friend's house and try to path them there ;).

tuxedomoon

...first, cuz of some problems with DT i tried patch mounting image with Alcohol 120% and result was always was this 'i/o error' message, but now after couple of times reinstaling, finaly Daemon works fine and the game too!
...so i just wanted to say thanx to Aika-San!... really don't have words to explain how great yr work is :king:

ong_chu_net

Help me plz... ::(
i'm playing this game with SOAPacher 3.01 , which Aika-san uploaded ...

But ingame ,i have some problem ... game is hang when i play ... but not crash , the fps stats still running about 28-32 fps ...

I'm used some save game included in Aika-san's SOAPatcher 3.01 ...but it's still hang after several minutes ... and i can't play this game normaly ...

@Aikasan: What do u do to play pass this game ... to disc 2 ??? i can't play pass disc 1 cauz game is hang regularly ...

Sorry for my bad English ...

OP
A

aika-san

Thankyou for understanding. When the patch was initially written I had no idea it would become as popular as it has. I wish I had more time to do other free projects like this, but SOAPatcher v4 will come first.

@LastPucho : Hopefully that works for you. Let me know how you get on.

@tuxedomoon : Glad to hear it finally worked. I'm going to address problems like yours and LastPucho's with v4. I'm hoping to make the patching work on a much higher percentage of pc's and also simplify the whole process considerably.

@ong_chu_net : The hanging is due to incompatabilities between Chankast and the game. If your playing then SOAPatcher has worked. If you want to reduce the frequency which the game hangs then read all the tips in the SOAPatcher manual. It is possible to complete the game, just save regularly. Remember that Chankast is still in alpha.

I hope everyone here has had a nice Christmas/NewYear.:party:

Kratos777

Will it be possible for you to sort out the music cutting out issue with V4 Aika? It's the only remaining major problem I have left thanks to your awesome patch - thanks a lot! :happy: