What's new

How to get Skies Of Arcadia (echelon) working properly!!!!

HolyFaded

Logain8955 said:
Sorry for a bit of a necro-post, but I'm having this exact same problem, on CD2. CD1 works fine, and I've tried to re-patch CD2 a few times, not working. Anyone have any possible solutions?

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to mention I've been playing on an actual Dreamcast, not on Chankast. However, if I mount the CD2 image, the exact same problem happens in Chanktast.

I'm having this problem too, someone help us please!

Aleron235

Your dcflash.bin and/or dcbios.bin are corrupt. You'll have to overwrite them. Just acquire it again somehow and paste it over the existing files.

To prevent this happening in the future, Right click on one of the files, go to properties, and set it to Read-only. Do this for both files, though it's usually the dcflash.bin that gets corrupted.

Flexo

i ran the SOA patcher and i have the new file in my folder but when i mount the image using daemon it says theres nothing on the disc and that its corrupt or something... anyone else have this problem?

Moolanen

Aleron235 said:
Your dcflash.bin and/or dcbios.bin are corrupt. You'll have to overwrite them. Just acquire it again somehow and paste it over the existing files.

To prevent this happening in the future, Right click on one of the files, go to properties, and set it to Read-only. Do this for both files, though it's usually the dcflash.bin that gets corrupted.

Dont think it has nothing to do with bios been corrupted coz i can run all the other games fine with the same bios only skies of arcadia 2cd wont run.

Logain8955

It can't be a corrupt bios. I'm getting this same problem on an actual Dreamcast console that I've never hooked up to the net.

cvieor

I have the ECH version that this patches. Will the non ECH version work with Chankast? I figure since that one is unmodified it would sound/look better and it wouldn't need this patch.

Divone

Is somebody can help me ???

Please Please please !!

I've launch the patch, everything seems to be ok, the patching goes until the end and I can see the message "Skies of arcadia have been successfully patched !!" http://img417.imageshack.us/my.php?image=patcher9gq.jpg

But when I go to the folder of the patch or anychere else on my PC, I can't find the image !!! I sure the image haven't been make !

Please help meee !! I really want this game !!

hey, i just downloaded this patch, and followed all the steps correctly etc., but when the program is patching about half way throught the process or so i get a pop-up that says the following:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'close' to terminate the application.

I dont know why im getting this error, but ive been trying to get SoA working using various methods for a few days now, and this seems like the most logical, so any help would be of great thanks to me.

cyclonmaster

when will u make it compatible with daemon tool 4.0? 3.29 is sooo buggy.

bugmenot-emut said:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'close' to terminate the application.

I think u need windows installer 3.1

Last edited:
If it helps any, I have Windows XP Pro, but I think I'm running a bit low on RAM (only 256), so if that has anything to do with it let me know, also, I'll look into getting the Windows 3.1 installer.

CMDR001

Late curiosity, should anyone still be able to answer me.

I over-read on the manual of the patcher, that Chakast wise, you should set the cable type to VGA. Question is: Since you have to run it on Chankast on VGA mode, does that mean that the patched SoA would then run on a Dreamcast trough the VGA-Box?

DeathRain99

I seem to have a problem... I have the echelon SoA... I ran the program, following the steps. It detected both disc images run by Daemon Tools 3.29... Everything was going good, but then I ran the patch... After an hour, I check on the progress and it was still on the first bar of progress.

Soooo, on top of it all, I had to end the task, which screwed up my mouse for about 24 hours...

Any suggestions...?

[Win XP Home Edition, 256 MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 GFX Card (128 MB Memory)]

cloud03

Seems this topic is dead but still... I can't manage to install the Daemon Tools v3.29 in continues to say after rebooting tha the SCSI (something like that) isn't installed anyway... any help would be thankful... I'm using a winxp familial edition

Last edited:

Barbazoul

Hello there.

Im running Win Xp Pro. THe patch doesnt work for me ; it detects both cd images, when i click "begin patching" the process lasts maybe 5 seconds, then it says "Patch Completed, the new images are in the SOAPatcher driver" , but there are no images in it.

Anyway, i think i found a way to get around that problem ; using the fastboot method with a previously binhacked 1stRead.Bin.
I did that, but when my new fastboot image is created, i cant launch it in Chankast : it leads me to the bios settings ("games, memory, settings, etc").
I dont know what im doing wrong.

What i did : copied the whole SoA cd1 (echelon version) in the "data" folder of Fastboot ; replaced old 1stRead and IP by the new ones, binhacked ; launched b2bgame.bat, a cdi image was created, but chankast only loads the bios when i run it.
Maybe my 1stRead.Bin and IP.bin arent good ones ; could anyone send them at [email protected] ?

If you have another idea, feel free to tell it...

Thank you.

Van Fanel

Hi there.

I patched the game just like it's instructed in the Readme.
But some problems occur:

1. When there is a dialogue, sometimes you can't read the text because of textures which are in front if the text. This happened e.g. in the beginning when Alfonso stands above Vyse and talks to him, or when you fly for the first time with your ship, the text is almost not readable.

2. After a fight, when the screen with the After Battle Info comes up, the amount of Exp gained is not shown, but the words: EXP are there, only the numbers miss, same with the reight side with these red, blue and green crystals, no numbers here at all too.

3. I almost never have more than 20 fps, could this be because my machine is too weak (P4 2,5 GHZ, 768 MB RAM, ATI RADEON 9600 256MB)?

Thans for any help :)

Last edited:

Quezcatol

Need help,the games start with spanish :S
how do i get english?!
The manual say something about proerties but i dont get it. :S HELP PLZ!!

Quezcatol

Managed to start it english but still need help..dont wanna manually choose english in the emu everytime i start this game...

Quezcatol

Dammit how do i save? it says i have to save with controller 1...
Well my memory card is in controller B which i assume is controller 2.
Cause i cant save....HELP PLZ :S