What's new

How to get Skies Of Arcadia (echelon) working properly!!!!

hellsling

I also have a probelm of my own

Im using windows xp, Daemon Tools, 3.29, SOA Patch 3.01, Echelon rip of SOA but dont knw what kind.

When I patch it then mount and run Chankast this is what happens

It first looks like its going to load the game like this
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3281/chankast15lf.jpg

Then after 1-20 seconds

It goes to the menu like this
http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/2779/chankast28of.jpg

If I keep pressing play it will reapet
#1 looks like its going to load SOA
#2 reverts back to the menu...

Heres a list of the SOA file im using to see if its not the right one..

Before Patch
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/3244/before9bo.jpg

After Patching
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/2500/after4nl.jpg

Thanks of ahead of time for the help

The_Agent

This Is A Custon User Title :p
grate patch works a treat with windows sp2

tips for patching

when he says use deamon tools 3.29 then use it (doesn't work with latest version, well didn't for me)

set number of drives to 2

mount both images (pal version)

UNRAR SOAPactcher V3.01 to C:\SOAPatcher v3.01

and start patch, click CONTINUE
if it finds the files click BEGIN PATCHING

next and this is very important

leave the PC alone while it patches, running things in the background (IE: searching the web/reading forums and generally using system resources while its patching is a big no no)

wait for it to finish then go to C:\SOAPatcher v3.01 folder and u will have in there two very nice looking CDI images mount the first disk into Daemon tools and fire up Chankast

enjoy

and also thank aika-san for making the best patcher in the world :party:

(cant wait to see what one he does next)

hellsling, you need to re-add your bios, you have corrupted it, don't set the time on it as Chankast cant emulate the DC clock so instead it corrupts the bios, reinstall the bios and try again

Last edited:

Torre

Does it only patch when you use both cd files at the same time? I tried patching with just cd1 and no new file appeared in the SOAPatcher folder....

The_Agent

nope u can do both at at the same time, or you can do one after the other, but if you are doing one after the other, once one has done remove the first one BEFORE you try the next one or it will delete it....

also explain what you are doing in detail and i might be able to help you

IE

iv unzipped the patcher to c:\patch blah blah blah mounted file name.cdi in daemon
and done blah blah blah

(please note the words "blah" need to be replaced with the things your doing)

Torre

Well....I unzipped the patcher folder to c:\ , I mounted file DC - Skies of Arcadia(Echelon) CD1.cdi( I tried using daemon first then alcohol afterwards...). The .cdi file was in c:\Downloads(one of my folders). When SOA cd 1 was mounted, I started up the patcher, clicked on "BEGIN PATCHING" and left my pc alone, it seems to have finished(or not) the patching in around 20 minutes and told me to check the SOApatcher folder for the new .cdi file, but when I checked there.....nothing different...and one other thing, the reason why I want the 2 cd files of SOA patched one at a time because when I select more than one virtual drive, the pc crashes....

Last edited:

Torre

RAM: 512mb, OS: Windows XP home edition SP2, Video card: Geforce FX 5700 128 mb, Processor: Athlon XP 2000+ 1.6ghz, Motherboard: I dunno but it's really, REALLY crappy.....

The_Agent

right do you have space on your hard drive would be the next logical question
u need at least 5gig free, also if you haven't done, try re-downloading the patcher

also move your ISO's to just the c:\ directory and try again, I'm not sure but going on what you have said about the motherboard being poop u might need to update your IDE drivers (but don't quote me on that) to get more than one drive in daemon as it uses IDE controller information from your motherboard to host the drives

if you need to find out how to get the motherboard information then click this link and download Sandra install id and run motherboard/mainboard module, it should tell you who its made by and what chips it has so you can update your motherboard drivers

Pavlik

Torre said:
I guess I'll just get a non-echelon version.......
You need only 1st_read.bin file of non-echelon version. Binhack it to the correct LBA, open cdmage and import (overwrite) file.

OP
A

aika-san

Do the patching on someone else's PC. The patcher does not work on all PC's. I'm not sure why, and I don't get time to do any programming any more. I'd love to fix all the bugs in it, and one day I might, but for now I gotta stick with other stuff that has higher priorities. Just understand that the patch doesn't work on every computer.

It's good to see that it still works for the majority of people though.

Chilly0123

Torre said:
I guess I'll just get a non-echelon version.......

The non-echelon version (ntsc-u) isnt fully playable in chankast yet, if thats what u ment. If you want an already patched version i dont know anywhere to get one but think it would be a good idea if people started sharing the patched version somewhere... and im not exactly sure what to rules of this forum are so i wont say any more than that for now. :p

GD666

YOU CAN NOT HAVE IT WORKING FROM THE ORIGINAL GD-ROM NO CD ROM DRIVE NOR DVD-ROM DRIVE CAN READ A GD-ROM FOR THE MOMENT:yucky:

but i'm working on it!!!!