What's new

How to get Skies Of Arcadia (echelon) working properly!!!!

xneoangel

Persona User
Kratos777 said:
Will it be possible for you to sort out the music cutting out issue with V4 Aika? It's the only remaining major problem I have left thanks to your awesome patch - thanks a lot! :happy:

SOA Patcher Readme said:
- The sound and music is very glitchy and has a tendancy to cut out completely after a while. This is due to incompatabilites between the game and Chankast. You can improve this by loading a saved game, going to the in-game options screen and disabling vms sound. Don't panic, you will still have sound/music, and now it won't cut out quite as much. It is still a bit glitchy though. Future versions of Chankast will fix this problem.

This is a problem with Chankast it has nothing to do with with the patch or at least that is said in the readme.

Hmmm... I have a problem with the patch, i patched both discs of SOA using the instructions on the readme so i tested Disc 1 and it works perfectly, after that i mounted Disc 2 but after the Sega Logo appears it goes to the BIOS instead of running the game.

Do you know what the problem is?

Last edited:

Kratos777

Hmmm I'm not really sure, It sounds like you've got a bad CDI there... Are you using Daemon Tools 3.29? Mine seems to work just fine. :plain:

Have you still got the original Disc 2 file? (before the patching)

Last edited:

xneoangel

Persona User
Yes i'm using Daemon Tools v3.29.
Yes i still have the unpatched CDI but i have tried to patch the game 3 times already and i get the same result.

Last edited:

Rajiv

I had the same problem, I get the blue screen while installing 3.29, but I don't have a newer version installed. I think it may have something to do with my IDE controller. I have to use VIA's driver for my S-ATA HD. The morherboard doesn't support window's original ide controller I think. The crash happens when daemon tries to install some other ide controller.

Any suggestions?? Thnx

xneoangel

Persona User
Do you have any other virtual drive manager programs like D-Tools?
Because if you do there may be a conflict between the two programs and that could be a possible cause of the crash.
No i don't think your D-Tools crash has anything to do with your IDE controller

Rajiv

I did have alcohol and nero image drive. Allready tried to install without alcohol installed and image drive disabled but it didn't work. I'll try again and this time uninstall alcohol and nero alltogether.. hope it'll work

Rajiv

BSOD again!! It fails when trying to install the plug and play bios extension. Thank god for system recovery 'cause everytime I 've tried this my pc won't boot..

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Quite a few people have the same problem as you with Daemon Tools. DT's homepage and forums posts explain how to fix things without resorting to System Recovery.

Agozer

NeoTokyo said:
This patcher makes the second disc too large to burn onto a CD. Alcohol 120% won't accept it.
Why do you need to burn it on a CD? It's not like a real Dreamcast wouldn't run the Echelon rip as-is... and if you are going to emulate, you might as well do it with just CD images.

Last edited:

Agozer

NeoTokyo said:
For some reason, my Chankast (latest version) cannot run most mounted games. It can only run CD's.
Even after you've selected your image drive as the working drive in Chankast's options?

Agozer

NeoTokyo said:
And your virtual drive works flawlessly outside Chankast? I'm stumped, to tell you the truth, or them I'm missing something important here.

Do you use the CDRom interface xxx plugin or the ASPI one?

vinilokopoa

the patch isnt working for me.
the first time i run the patcher, it locks just in the start, and i close with CRTL ALT DEL.
then i run again and works but daemon says Invalid file and wont mount the image...
whats going on??? why the file created is much smaller than the original image???