What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

How do you Use Textures you made yourself?

OP
S

SonicSquarepant

I use Project 64, The latest Rice Plugin, and The textures are from texture dump\Banjo-Kazooie. I don't know what's wrong.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
.. these are also bitmaps.. are you serious, you idiot, USE THE PNG'S!!!!!
GOT THAT? we told this issue at the BEGINNING of this thread!!!

ONLY~!!! go in:
ci_by_png
png_all
png_by_rgb_a

ONLY USE PNG's
DELETE BMP's FROM THE DUMP FOLDER!!!

i don't mean to sound like an annoying person, but you wasted our time by not correcting something we told you the solution of in the first page of this thread....it's stupid

Last edited:

mudlord

Banned
.. these are also bitmaps.. are you serious, you idiot, USE THE PNG'S!!!!!
GOT THAT? we told this issue at the BEGINNING of this thread!!!

ONLY~!!! go in:
ci_by_png
png_all
png_by_rgb_a

ONLY USE PNG's
DELETE BMP's FROM THE DUMP FOLDER!!!

i don't mean to sound like an annoying person, but you wasted our time by not correcting something we told you the solution of in the first page of this thread....it's stupid

To stop this bullshit about people using BMPs (which is horrendous for filespace reasons, and for technical ones too), in future, my builds won't dump them. Period.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
I tried these from the Hires_Textures, they don't load, i gave them the same title as the dump, and it registered them, but the resolution is fucked up and, (of course) they are bmp's.

there's no need to post anymore... unless you have a new problem...

OP
S

SonicSquarepant

Gee, thanksDDRIP, thanks for being so RUDE!!! It's not my fault, everyone tells me different things, but at least they didn't call me stupid or call my art F**ked Up! So why don't you just RIP ( Rest in pieces, duh. ) DDRIP! Bully!

DDRPIP

The One and Only
dude, you deserve it, mddy, I and many others told you not to mess with bmp's, that was the first thing i told you, you don't like it, tough.
people who are ignorant need to listen and comprehend what they're told, filling in ignorance with knowledge.
The only way you would listen, apparently, is if you're yelled at.

Your art I did not call f**ked up, (I said, "the resolution is fucked up," meaning that it was incorrect, not your art) I gave to you basic re texturing tips, you can do whatever you want to it, but the easy way to making or doing something is always going to be looked down upon. you like your art, continue, but a wise person never disregards what can be considered....

I also obviously need to work on my constructive criticism...

Last edited:
OP
S

SonicSquarepant

Where do I put my own retextures?

Be Specific please, where, and what do I do with them? Do I have to make new folders? If so what would they be called? P.S. I'm making Super Smash Bros. Textures

Datadayne

In the plugin folder, make a folder called hires_textures and inside that make another one called Super Smash Bros. Put all the retextures in there and it will load.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
make sure it's the correct name, to do this name it the same as the dump.
Like the dump for paper mario is "PAPER MARIO" (obviously...) so make the hires_texture folder also "PAPER MARIO", it'll definately load.