What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

How do you Use Textures you made yourself?

SonicSquarepant

I made some textures for Banjo-Kazooie, they're drawn over from textures from the rom, they look good, their format is bmp. So how do I put them in the game and have them show up? I put them in the hires_texture folder, and in a folder within called Banjo-Kazooie, but when I play the game, the place the texture should be at is the same? What do I do? Please help.

Sorry, I accidently reposted this, ignore the copy of this thread, please help.

Last edited by a moderator:

DDRPIP

The One and Only
well, just edit the png's, the bmp's i understand have to each be coded a certain way, stick to the png's or donate to get jabo's plugin (uses ONLY png's).
You don't have to edit both png's and bmp's, the png's load correctly (that I've seen)

Datadayne

If you want to retexture bmp's (there is a way) you need a lot of things. It took me days of research to finnaly get my retextured bmp files to load in game.

First, you need a RLE. Runfull Lenght Encoding. (search it on google.)
Then you will need to run the bmp textures through RLE, which will uncompress the file. The textures are now ready to be retextured. But the bmp files are now indexed coloured in 252 colours. You have to turn them to RGB mode. Then retexture your image and befor you save, you have to turn it back to indexed mode. When you save, make sure its encoded.

And there you go. If you dont want to go through this process, try using project 64 1.7 beta. I think 1.7 changes the bmp's to png's fireworks.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
no, you have 5 dump folders correct? the last 3 have png format pictures, change those textures, not the bmp's TRASH the bmp's XD.

ci_by_png, png_all, png_by_rgb_a
those are the folders

DDRPIP

The One and Only
well you could have a look around here as well, I did when i was new and i found my information that way....

Datadayne

So you run the image through RLE. Then you load the encoded image into gimp. Click on the image tab and you will see an option called mode. Go to mode and change it to RGB mode. When Your done changing it, change the mode back to indexed.

Reaper666

You guys are way overcomplicating this. DONT USE BMPS. Use GIMP or Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro or whatever to open the png files and edit those, not the bmps! Png is a far superior format to bmp and even if you want to edit the bmps, you don't need any extra tools, most graphics programs can handle run length encoding already.

Datadayne

But some of the textures he want s to edit is bmp's. Like banjo kazooie. Most of the textures are bmp's and not png's. I did explaine that this was a complicated way. Here are some other games that has alot of bmp's textures.

Banjo kazzoie
Conkers bad fur day
007 world is not enough
tony hawks pro skater 3
ssb

I also explained that if you did not want to go through this whole proccess to just get project 64 1.7. Because it changes the bmp's to png. For example> the face textures in ssb are bmp's. But if you use project 64 1.7, then the face textures are now png. Understand what I mean? Yes I know its much harder to edit bmp's but thats what he asked for. He wanted to retexture banjo kazzoie and I explained to him how.

Please correct me if im missing something out.

klasa

Everything that's dumped as BMP is also being dumped as a PNG, just llok in the ci_by_png folder.

You know, I'm wondering which version of rice's plugin you're using...

M[u]ddy

We already told you:
Every texture you can find in the bmp folder can be found in the png folders, too.
Bmps should not be used since they are to big.
If you don't believe, take a look at that screenshot.

M[u]ddy

I'm using the mudlord builds, but the way textures are dumped hasn't changed from 6.1.1 beta 10.
Older builds than 6.1.1 beta 10 shouldn't be used anymore.