What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

How do you Use Textures you made yourself?

OP
S

SonicSquarepant

Um, do I need to resize my PNG/BMP files to a certain size? If so what size do they have to be? And why aren't they showing up? Yes I have them named their original names, I didn't change it.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
well you can keep them the same or 2x 3x or 4x their size. i 4x them because it's the highest possible resolution.
maybe you didn't edit all of the needed textures, some have 3 or 4 textures making up a single image.

Reaper666

Are you putting them into the high res texture folder or just leaving them in the texture dump folder? Also did you check the option to load high res textures? >.<

mudlord

Banned
Every texture you can find in the bmp folder can be found in the png folders, too.
Bmps should not be used since they are to big.
If you don't believe, take a look at that screenshot.

Thanks for confirming that for me, its been a great help...^^..I am honestly not well versed with hi res texture making (lacking the artistic talent), so I didnt know about these issues....but thankyou very much for confirming that.

Now I just have to write a BMP > PNG/PNG w/ RGBA convertor for current texture packs....since clearly, palleted CI BMPs are not needed, really, since PNGs can do CIs AND Rice converts CI BMPS to RGBA on load, and PNG already handles RGBA..so that means a bit more speed since theres no texture format changing process to do beforehand...:evil: which, also means, less code ^^

well you can keep them the same or 2x 3x or 4x their size. i 4x them because it's the highest possible resolution.
maybe you didn't edit all of the needed textures, some have 3 or 4 textures making up a single image.

You got me thinking there........:geek: ..Although klasa bringed it up in the past...hmmmmm....:geek:...

What about 5.9.9?

5.9.9 doesnt support image dumping/loading

Last edited:
OP
S

SonicSquarepant

Sorry, but how do I upload the files? And remember, I made them, don't go around lying that you made them please. But if you found the problem, I'll give you credit if people like it.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
psh, i don't do that.. wtf..
anyway just click "go advanced" and then just add them as attackments

DDRPIP

The One and Only
dude.. the resolution on these is 150... it needs to be 288.. that's your problem, the resolution is not in proportion to the normal resolution (72)...
that's why they don't load.. they'll load if you change the resolution to 288.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
the resolution of the IMAGE, jesus do you honestly have no knowledge of editing, people have told you how, look back on your own thread.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
well,.... just get creative, you're textures also have alot of filter look to them, don't use a lot of filters, it shows you don't have much creativity or experience.

OP
S

SonicSquarepant

I think I have creativity, but it was just too close to the original, thanks for all the help. After I make this and post the retextures, I'm going to do Conker's Bad Fur Day!

Datadayne

Please tell us everything you are doing in order.

What emulator? (version?)
What plugin version?
What folders are you getting the textures from?
ect...... (you get the point)