What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

hi rez textures support and detail texturing!

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
How can I find them with Smart FTP? I have a connection with the link you provided, but I can't find it (SSB textures) in any of the folders!

Federelli

Beta Tester
The first Federelli Retexture Pack for OOT and Master Quest will be available tonight :). 150 textures remade :).

Neospy

NSISTING on nVidia
Banjo-Kazooie and site news.

I dumped a bunch of the textures from banjo-kazooie. I really can't work on them right now so I'll hand them out. The textures include: full intro (I sat through it all), all of the select game menu, Banjo's house, That place before Grunty's castle, some of the castle, most of mumbo's mountain, and the game over screen.

My webhost changed their setup choices so you can't get FTP upload (ARRGH!!) but my main account with them has cpanel and subdomains and FTP. Would anyone get bored typing n64hires.neonet.savefile.com? Well, I guess I could use no-ip's forward things.

>Neospy

FILE IS TOO BIG..... I will put on my new site

Last edited:

Federelli

Beta Tester
It's 177 textures remade, i'm currently writing a readme file and uploading the relase, expect a 2mb file.

Rice

Emulator Developer
Federelli, if you need to upload the file here, you can break it to parts when compressing with winrar.

MiLO83

Making High-Res Color Indexed (_ci) textures in Photoshop.

From my Inbox..

ThE MaSTeR 3 said:
Hello I Cant save my textures with photoshop but I can with paint. I read a helful post by you but IM not smart enough 2 understand it can you walk me threw step by step on changing a _ci texture in photoshop?

-thanks

Yeah alright,
(Took long enough to write may as well post it)

Editing _ci Textures in Photoshop. (Saving in MSpaint). By MiLO83.
-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Step 1: Open _ci texture in Photoshop.
Step 2: Open same texture in MSpaint.
Step 3: In Photoshop, on the File Edit Image Layer etc bar:
Choose Image, Mode, Color Table...
Step 4: Now you should see the image's pallette. Click "Save..." and save the pallette somewhere you'll remember.
Step 4: While in the Color Table window with your pallette, if your texture has an alpha mask, change the first color (Top Left) to a color not in the image (Neon Pink Blue or Green) if it has an alpha you will now see it better.
Step 5: On the same bar at the top of the screen, choose "Image" "Image Size..."
Step 6: You should see "Width" with "pixels" in a combo box, make sure "Constrain Proportions" at the bottom of the box is check marked, then click "pixels" and select "percent".
Step 7: Width will now say "100", meaning 100%. Change this to 400 meaning 400%. Height should change too (this is what Constrain Proportions does.)
Step 8: Under Constrain Proportions there is a option called "Resample Image", make sure this is check marked, and change the setting from "Bicubic." to "Nearest Neighbor."
Bicubic just makes everything blurry and will mess up your alpha, don't use it.
Step 9: Click Ok. :canadian:
Now your image is 4x the resolution.
Step 10: On the same bar at the top with File Edit Image etc, click Image, Mode, RGB Color.
This will convert your image to RGB Color so you can use smear and blur, as well as other filters.
IMPORTANT: Only use the colors in the original textures pallette. By this I mean if it uses a greenscale pallette dont use red in your texture because when you convert it back to Color Indexed later it will look messed and be green instead at best.
If the pallette had a few greens you can use a green gradient and it will be dithered later. (You'll see, for your first try if you dont understand just stick to the base colors that are in the texture.)
Step 11: Before you change the texture at all, use the magic want tool to select ONLY the alpha.
On my Photoshop it is 2 down on the right on the toolbar. You can also press W on your keyboard to get it. At the top under the same old menu bar, you should see "Tolerance", set this to "0" and click on the alpha color in your texture. If the image has no alpha paint away and skip to step 13.

MiLO83

Making High-Res Color Indexed (_ci) textures in Photoshop. (PART 2)

Step 12: With your Alpha selected, Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V to copy and paste it to a new layer. The reason you are doing this is because if you smudge it you'll get an outline around your non-masked image in the next closest color on saving.
Keep this layer on top of the others, and make sure you dont paint in it.
Step 12: Paint away, do your business. As you are working you may want to change your alpha to either smooth it out (Right now its blocky) or change the shape all together. MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS WITH THE PENCIL TOOL. Sorry about the caps, but your alpha has to be 100% Opacity solid the color you picked. Don't blur it. The paintbrush tool will anti-alias it and that will make an outline like bad bluescreening. Same goes for the eraser tool, dont use it on the alpha mask, instead use the selection tool of your choice, and hit the delete key on your keyboard to clear pixels of the mask.
Step 13: Now your texture is done. Save it as a PSD. (Photoshop Format Image) This will keep your layers incase you want to change something later.
Usually if I use the "Add Noise" filter, I save my PSD, Flatten Layers, and then "Add Noise" to top it off before step 14 so I can change things easier later.
Step 14: Done? Ok, On the top bar choose Image, Mode, "Indexed Color..."
Step 15: Your image may now be completely the wrong colors. This is why we saved the old pallette.
Where it says "Pallette" change it to the option "Custom..." and click Load. Load the pallette you saved earlier, if you have no alpha mask click ok and go to step 16, if you have an alpha mask change the first color you changed before to your alpha color. (If you can't see it it's because Preview is checked, to solve this click "ok" then un-check "Preview" and choose "Pallette" "Custom..." again to see your pallette.
Click the first color, and click the alpha color in your image.
-----------------
Step 16: Now things should look atleast half way close to right. If you used colors that werent in the pallette than you need to learn to listen.
Step 17: At the bottom of the "Indexed Color" window you should see "Dither" with options. I use "Diffusion", Play with the "Amount" untill your image looks right, then click "Ok". If it looks wrong, cancel, undo undo undo and fix it. :paperbag:
Step 17b: If you have an alpha mask, from the top bar choose Image, Mode, Color Table..., and load the pallette again this time not changing the first color to your alpha color. This gives your image its true alpha color again.
Step 18: Select your entire image and Ctrl-C to copy it. (Or use Edit, Copy, from the top bar)
Step 19: Paste it in MSpaint over the old texture.
(Ctrl-v or Edit, Paste)
Step 20: Save it in the Hi-Res folder under the game title.

Ahhhhhh....
The reason why we do this the long way is because if you copy an RGB image into a color indexed image in MSpaint it looks like crap. Photoshop's dithering makes your image more flexable to gradients and colors which aren't in the _ci pallette.
Try it both ways if you don't believe me. :homestar:

Phew theres an hour of my time. Let me know if you find this helpfull.
(Comments, Revisions welcome)

- MiLO83 :santa:

Rice

Emulator Developer
I really think the texture topic threads should be better organized, and should be put into a sub-forum group or something like that. Otherwise, we will lose of tracking very soon.

Impreza WRX

If you want to download the stock SSB textures, do NOT use Passive FTP mode. It will not work in Passive mode, but it will work without it...

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
Help!
I'm new here and i'm trying to make some hi-rez textures.
I want to remake the houses in Kokiri Village, but i can't get the textures (bmps) to run.
Can anybody tell me what i've done wrong?
(and why is there a black line ôo i didn't make one)
And sorry for my english, i'm german.

Rice

Emulator Developer
I don't get it. How can you tell which mode is used?

Btw, linear = bilinear.

Two modes you can force are nearest or linear.

Danetsky

I have to say this is nice job, but is it possible to add bump-map support too, or somekind shader texture like water surfaces. it would be cool.