What's new

glN64 v0.4

mojo

Same mate, not work at all. Got big bug with Combiner.o, I think I will have a look on that file, and hope to fix up the compiling.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Orkin: do u know why in the windows version of mupen64, when i switch to fullscreen with your plugin the toolbar isn't hidden ? I've checked and it doesn't happen in 1964. I've also tried with gln64 0.3 and same thing happen.

Second thing: in all emus, when i switch back to window mode, emulation become very slow.

Ultroman

You're the MAN!!! Man Mario Kart 64 NEVER looked so SMOOTH!
It's practically beautiful! You beat N64 ass!

Glad you fixed the uCode thing with MK64. It's pissing me off :D
When's the next release?

Anyway, mate. Here's another thing for ya.

The status-bar, when using Project64, still shows (the one with shortcuts to Video- and audio-settings in the top).
That's the only bad thing I've found. It says on you HP that you fixed it, but it's still there on mine, and I just downed it.
I have a Geforce, as you can see under here...and have enabled everything in your Options. Everything is maxed out (texture cache on 64MB, and 60Hz refresh rate, though), and it's running greater, smoother, and is more beautiful, than ever.

I'm a n00b-programmer, so I'm following your work closely :D
Keep it up!

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Missing microcode in 0.4.1 - not Mario Kart, though. This is with Magical Tetris Challenge.

Code:
Microcode CRC:		0x53116796
Microcode Data CRC:	0x00000000
Microcode Text:		RSP Gfx ucode S2DEX  1.07 Yoshitaka Yasumoto Nintendo.

Also, when I minimize 1964 without first pausing it, glN64 crashes:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
nullroute said:
A note about registry and Win98 :
I can't seem to find any documentation on it at msdn.microsoft.com, but go figure, Micro$hit is not going to tell you about bugs that they aren't going to fix. Win98 suffers from a registry deterioration problem. I'm not sure if it is based on the amount of applications that you install or the amount of time that the system has been in place, but the 1st visible symptom is what we called 'Musical Icons' where your desktop icons have different images every time you boot. By the time you see this, your registry is toast.

I never had the major registry problem you got, thus check for viruses
with *the latest* definitions. The registry problem you get is probably a virus payload symptom.

nullroute

Lost and loving it
RJARRRPCGP said:
I never had the major registry problem you got, thus check for viruses
with *the latest* definitions. The registry problem you get is probably a virus payload symptom.

This is an aside, but I'll say it anyway. I assure you that it was _not_ a virus. I've seen this happen with fresh installs that have never been connected to a network or exposed to any materials that have even the most improbable chance of being infected. I ditched win98 _long_ ago. Win2k doesn't have this problem, and linux definitly doesn't... altho most of the major distro's are headed down hill. Anything more on this subject should probably be taken to the 'Waaay Off Topic' threads.

Zeo

I can't get working glN64 .41.
Here's an example... this is Zelda MM, the sub screen.

PlugIn Config:
Bit Depth: 32 bit
Refresh Rate: 75Hz
Enabled Dithered Alpha Testing
Enable Fog
Texture Bit Depth: Normal (16 & 32 bit)
Texture Cache Size: 64
Every thing else disabled.

mojo

Finally 0.41 fixed the screenshot capture of 1964 but i've just found a new bug of 0.41 in this issues. Some games such as Super Smash Bros, if you hit F12 to capture screenshot, the screenshot file will be saved as 8screenX.bmp ( X is number of screenshot) in 1964. The screenshot is saved with wrong name and wrong path. The screenshot is supposed to be saved as screenX.bmp in Screens folder.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Zeo said:

PlugIn Config:
Enable Fog

You need to enable hardware framebuffer.

mojo

I got same problem despite of enabling framebuffer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeo

PlugIn Config:
Enable Fog

Zeo

The Khan Artist said:
You need to enable hardware framebuffer.

Thanks, but It's the same... I have tried every thing (I think so)...

btw. I like your avatar Khan

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
nullroute said:
This is an aside, but I'll say it anyway. I assure you that it was _not_ a virus. I've seen this happen with fresh installs that have never been connected to a network or exposed to any materials that have even the most improbable chance of being infected. I ditched win98 _long_ ago. Win2k doesn't have this problem, and linux definitly doesn't... altho most of the major distro's are headed down hill. Anything more on this subject should probably be taken to the 'Waaay Off Topic' threads.

The problem may be a Windows 98 first edition bug.

It's possible Windows 98 SE don't have the bug.

Firebrand_

Lone Crusader of the Wastes
RJARRRPCGP said:
The problem may be a Windows 98 first edition bug.

It's possible Windows 98 SE don't have the bug.

It's a common problem that afflicts the Windows registry dating back to Windows 95. How Windows 9x handles the registry is vastly different from how it's been handled since Windows NT4. The old method, used up through Windows ME IIRC (Windows 95, 95 OSR2, 95 OSR2.5, Windows 98, Windows 98SE, and Windows ME), allowed for a steady degradation over the course of usage. As the registry was modified (installation of new hardware, applications, system tweaks, et. al.), the speed at which it degraded increased exponentially. That's one of the many reasons you often heard of people needing to reformat every six months or so to clean up and prevent the barrage of BSODs (as well as the pesky musical icons game).

I have to say, though, out of all the 9x versions of Windows, 98SE was the least problematic out of all I'd used. As improved as it was, however, it was still afflicted with the registry problem (along with many others). And the reason why Microsoft never released an official patch to fix the error was because it would've required an entire rewrite of the underlying framework of Windows 9x and its kernel. Why make such an extensive update to pre-existing software for free when you can write a new OS and make money when it's released later? So was Microsoft's reasoning, I believe.

Ultroman

First some eye-candy from Pokémon Stadium 2:

screen01.jpg

For your pleasure, here are two more, only as links:
http://www.alternativementalfeedback.dk/screen02.jpg
http://www.alternativementalfeedback.dk/screen03.jpg

The Problems:
When you are to choose which Pokémons you want to use (easily tested by going to the BATTLE NOW in the first menu (choice on the left)), everything but your opponent's Pokémons and picture gets blurred slowly...? Then when I've selected the 3 Pokémons from my batch, it becomes clear again, but my, and only my, Pokémons turn blurry again slowly.

Another problem, is with the entire game in full-screen (runs fine in Windowed mode). When the camera or menu-screen changes to a new one, the screen just freezes, even though the game still goes on. If I Alt-Enter, it works fine again.

These don't occur with Hardware Frame Buffer Textures disabled, but then the textures in-game get random large triangles, although not so many that it really ruins the game. The problem with the blurrying is gone, but the same area is very sensitive to Alt-Enter function, and also gets those triangles...

I'm running:
AMD Athlon-XP 1800+
256MB DDR SDram
Geforce2 Pro GTS (44.10 drivers)
nForce2-based motherboard

I have everything turned on in the GFX-menu. Everything checked, 1024*768 32bit all the way, and 64MB texture cache.

"Do you want to know more...?"

Last edited:

mojo

This new version of GlN64 create more glitches and bug in Mario Tennis. 0.4 version does not create opaque texture in the menu but 0.41 does. And 0.40 does not crash when first start a match.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
I've been playing Mario Kart 64 extensively over the past few days, and I must say, it looks excellent. A few things, though:

1) Of course, the microcodes. You already know about the missing microcode on startup. I just wanted to point out that whenever the game goes into splitscreen, it is missing a different microcode. Selecting F3DEX works just fine.

gln64_mariokart_microcode.png

2) Framebuffer isn't working, but that's pretty much to be expected.

gln64_mariokart_framebuffer.jpg

3) The water splashes don't show up right. Sometimes, smoke does it too, but only on one half...

gln64_mariokart_water_splashes.jpg

gln64_mariokart_screwed_up_sprites_2.jpg

4) When you do a multiplayer game, and the screens shrink/expand at the end to show the winner, sometimes the sprites get messed up.

gln64_mariokart_screwed_up_sprites.jpg

Last edited: