What's new

glN64 v0.4

Clements

Try turning the Framebuffer on and off, and increasing the texture cache, and changing texture bit depth to 16 and 32 Bit (Normal).

Emu_Lover

Damn it didn't work. Is this plugin just incompatible with Geforce FX cards or WindowsXP? It works fine on my other computer with GeForce 2. :?

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
It definately works on Windows XP. I haven't heard from anybody else with an FX card, so that may be the case, but I kinda doubt it.

Anybody here with a GeForce FX card want to weigh in on this issue?

Emu_Lover

If this is a bug with GeForce FX cards then hopefully Orkin will try to fix it for the next version. As I stated previously it works fine on my GeForce2, Pentium 3 866 mhz, Windows 2000 cpu.

nullroute

Lost and loving it
I'm using a GeForce FX 5600, win2k, and I've not had any of those problems. I use 1964 (not sure if that is the problem, but there have been PJ64/gln64 issues posted). Make sure you have the latest drivers, this plugin seems to find all of nvidia's bugs.

ALSO : you probably don't want to have your AA any higher than 4x for most games.

Moose Jr.

Raging Moose
Found an interesting bug. Whenever I turn 2xSaI on, textures seem to move a pixel or two upwards. I've included a couple of shots:

2xSaI Off

2xSaI On

It affects every game I've tested so far. It could just be my R9700... it seems to be finicky at times. :p

nullroute

Lost and loving it
The nothing that I'm not officially working on

The nothing that I'm not officially working on has just enterred beta phase... So I guess I'm officially working on it now. Here is the linux port of gln64 v0.4.1:

Being a beta, there may be some problems compiling it with different opengl implementations (I suspect) because nVidia's gl.h declares the prototypes of some gl extensions that I don't believe are declared in other gl.h's. If this stops you from building, just edit OpenGL.h and comment out line 147. You must have SDL-devel and opengl to build. If there are any other compiling problems, please notify me.

Also, being a beta, not all of the luxuries of the win32 version are present. Linux doesn't have a registry, and I haven't added conf file code yet, so configuration is a compile-time thing... just edit tmpConfig.cpp starting at line 60 and recompile ( sorry ;) ).

All that being said, I probably should have writen a ReleaseNotes file... I suppose I'll learn from that mistake.

Enjoy :)

nullroute

Lost and loving it
It would appear that my attachment is not good enough for this server?... does anybody have a server that I can post this to?

Emu_Lover

Great news. I got GLN64 working. I just switched Project64 to windows 2000 compatiblity mode and it works fine. Sorry to have caused any grief. Orkin this is not a problem with the plugin after all. Great job with this new version. Doom64 looks perfect. I look forward to seeing whats new in the next version. ;)

nullroute

Lost and loving it
Linux port v0.4.1-beta1

Ok... here's some ghetto-engineering for you. You can download the source for the linux port by logging onto yahoo mail with the following account.
username : gln64v041linux
password : download

please, play fair and don't delete the email or change the password or anything unusually cruel like that.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
pass already changed or you have something wrong into this account....

join irc channel, it'll be easier to give us the file

Moose Jr.

Raging Moose
Emu_Lover said:
Great news. I got GLN64 working. I just switched Project64 to windows 2000 compatiblity mode and it works fine. Sorry to have caused any grief. Orkin this is not a problem with the plugin after all. Great job with this new version. Doom64 looks perfect. I look forward to seeing whats new in the next version. ;)

How can you use Win2k compat. mode inside Win2k? Are you using appcompat? I'm really curious, as I have yet to get PJ to work with this plugin.

Edit: Nevermind, I see now that you are using XP and not 2k. Read the wrong post.

Last edited:

nullroute

Lost and loving it
sorry... I'm not a very big irc user <i>(Gasp)</i>... I never got into it and so don't know my way around an irc client.

nullroute

Lost and loving it
Thanks Hacktarux,
It would appear that somehow the file got uncompressed, so it is no longer a tgz... just a tar... oh well, its there and that's the important thing :)

Oh yeah... one quick amendment to the release notes: To build from the source also requires nasm, and as such, this port is for x86 platforms only. (sorry ppc'ers I'll work on ridding intelisms eventually)

Last edited:

DrewDown

Emu_Lover said:

Thats weird, it didn't work for me, what about everybody else?