What's new

glN64 v0.4

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Excellent, it seems to fix my zelda frame buffer issues;

However, theres one issue with the triangles sticking out of links head at certain places i've managed to get a screenshot of :p (Its attached)
I've posted about that one before but never got a screenshot. Trust me, this can get annoying if you're running around and you see triangles appear for a split second now and then. :p

Also, switching to full screen screws up the texture cache in Banjo-Kazooie and possibly others. Banjo has a white backpack after I've switched to full screen on that game. Posted about this too But I've got more of an idea about it this time.

DrewDown: of course its green and pixelated, you've not turned the RSP plugin on in the 1964 Plugin Config Dialog.

DrewDown

I swear RSP is turned on! I open 1964,go to 'plugins', then go to 'RSP Plugin Settings', then check 'send display lists to Graphics Plugin', then I leave it on 'recompiler' then hit 'OK' Is this right or not, because everybody says this problem is fixable, so can someone tell me if Im doing this wrong?

Thanks All,

DrewDown

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Shin_Gouki said:
question: why i´m not able to look at any of roberts screenshots??

That seems to be happening a lot when some people post attachments... they simply get rejected. No ideas why.

Anyway, for 0.4.1.

The good: All the random lockups with 2xSaI and pure 32-bit textures are fixed. Dithered alpha works full speed for me. Screenshots are working perfect. The 1964 toolbar issue has indeed been fixed. I guess you improved clipping, too, because the ground in Star Fox no longer has horrible missing pieces.

The bad: Wave Race and others still have border problems. Paper Mario still crashes on the "Party" tab in the menu. I still don't get vsync.

Still a few more things to test, but I don't have time now.

All in all, this is a very excellent release. Great work! :happy:

Last edited:

Clements

Conker's Bad Fur Day can now start! The graphics aren't implemented right, but it is on the same level as Glide64! :happy: I've had no major issues with the plugin at all (failing to work, crashing)

Shin_Gouki

soo Hi there!
thx again The Khan Artist for answering :)
I got the same flipping triangles in Zelda OOT like Sayargh.
Speed is noe better with framebuffer even on my 32 MB Radeon JUHU :D
through the dithering option i also got the blue cap Mario , the cool way , back
great Orkin!
Some Issues i notcied so far in 0.4.1:
- when i´m switiching to fullscreen EMU(1964) crashes
- sreenshots function in 1964 does not work for me..

when starting Mario Kart i have to select a Ucode manually
(but then it runs!! even with 2xSai without crashing ,looong testing time :D )

and the settings still wern´t saved...which means when i start the emu (1964 or PJ64) i config e.g.: 800x600... i play ..fine then i´ll leave the emu start again ..and all settings are gone... that means e.g.: when i had turned off 2xSai before now everything is enabled...
with 0.3.2 there wasn´t such a problem...i know it seems that i´, the only one with that issue(properbly of my refresh rate problem described above) but why isn´t there such thing like a ini file?
so this for now, keep up the good work :D

wbr Shin Gouki

Last edited:

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
I've got the same Mario Kart 64 issue as Shin_Gouki. After selecting F3DEX, the game runs at full speed and looks absolutely fantastic due to the 2xSaI filtering on the carts.

OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Shin_Gouki said:
(but then it runs!! even with 2xSai without crashing ,looong testing time :D )

and the settings still wern´t saved...which means when i start the emu (1964 or PJ64) i config e.g.: 800x600... i play ..fine then i´ll leave the emu start again ..and all settings are gone... that means e.g.: when i had turned off 2xSai before now everything is enabled...
with 0.3.2 there wasn´t such a problem...i know it seems that i´, the only one with that issue(properbly of my refresh rate problem described above) but why isn´t there such thing like a ini file?
so this for now, keep up the good work :D

wbr Shin Gouki

I realized the problem with Mario Kart right after I released v0.4.1...I forgot it uses F3DEX version 0.95 (it's only detecting 1.xx, or 2.xx right now).

There's no INI file because glN64 uses the Windows registry now. Try opening regedit and going to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\N64 Emulation\DLL\glN64. There should be about a dozen values in there. If not, then it's somehow having trouble accessing the registry.

EDIT: Something else I just noticed that GeForce users should know about. Quincunx AA mixed with hardware framebuffer textures blurs very badly. Set it to 2X or 4X, and it works much better.

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Just a quick post to say that dithered alpha works excellently on this Radeon 8500 with Catalyst 3.6 drivers (no performance hit whatsoever)... looks very good too!

OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Shin_Gouki said:
Fixed

The Khan Artist said:
Paper Mario still crashes on the "Party" tab in the menu.
Fixed

The Khan Artest said:
I still don't get vsync.
Unfortunately the way I'm doing HFBTs right now doesn't allow for vsync. I have plans to change the method to a better one in the future. Using a higher refresh rate will reduce the artifacts in the mean time.

Sayargh said:
Switching to full screen screws up the texture cache in Banjo-Kazooie and possibly others.
Fixed

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Heres another little glitch, from DKR, its not a massive one, but jabos also has this glitch, from the track select screen after selecting your game as tracks, the background picture is not aligned properly, well, it is at the top set of tracks (the ones you see when you first enter this bit), but push down on your analog stick to see this:

From what i've seen, DKR seems to run great with your plugin.

and now for some praise: Orkin you rock! :D

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
I just want to point out that in Perfect Dark the menus leave an after image. It doesn't seem to have any problems in game though. Seems like it doesn't render the blur effect right or something. Great plugin though, one of the best i've used, especially since its such an early stage of development.

*Edit*

I should probably mention that i'm using Project64 1.5 with SP1.

Last edited:

nullroute

Lost and loving it
A note about registry and Win98 :
I can't seem to find any documentation on it at msdn.microsoft.com, but go figure, Micro$hit is not going to tell you about bugs that they aren't going to fix. Win98 suffers from a registry deterioration problem. I'm not sure if it is based on the amount of applications that you install or the amount of time that the system has been in place, but the 1st visible symptom is what we called 'Musical Icons' where your desktop icons have different images every time you boot. By the time you see this, your registry is toast.

Clements

Lillymon said:
Is that actually a glitch? Looking at the frame around the image, it seems intentional to me.

It is a glitch, but it isn't a 'misaligned frame' either. There is unemulated blending here; the sharp line shouldn't be there, but a transistion between the backgrounds. Anyone with the real game on hand will know what I'm talking about.

Shin_Gouki

thx for repling everyone, especially nullroute & orkin for the registry infos :)
tsztsztsz this win 98 ah lets see about the registry
- have i mentioned that i now have again Fullscreen crashes?

-the issue with the small white flickers in Mario did not only appear with glN64 also with Jabo 1.51 sooo an Emu problem??

Emu_Lover

Please help. :( I installed the latest drivers just like you told me to Khan Artist but it didn't help. Here are my system specs:

Athlon 1700+
GeForceFX 5600
WindowsXP

For those who don't know my problem is that using GLN64 .41 in Project64 I can't get anything to display in the emulator window or fullscreen but I can hear the sound. All games are the same for me just black with sound. Can someone please help me? Thanks.